Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Storm warnings and aftermath.

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Storm warnings and aftermath.

Post by kadman »

Apelles wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:13 pm Yeah me too . . . though I often wake up crying after crapping meself.
Ah jesus....thats put me right off me jameson, I will have to force it down now, and another one to keep it there. :lol:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Spare a thought for us poor continentals, having to endure an unseasonably late heatwave. 'Twas 40°C "in the shade" of the out-of-town carpark where I stopped at seven pm yesterday. So I didn't stay stopped, but kept driving till I found somewhere cooler ... which meant that I arrived home a day sooner than planned. It's coming up to midnight, and still 28°C. Probably just as well I can't see the state of my garden ... :cry:
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

CelticRambler wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:05 pm Spare a thought for us poor continentals, having to endure an unseasonably late heatwave. 'Twas 40°C "in the shade" of the out-of-town carpark where I stopped at seven pm yesterday. So I didn't stay stopped, but kept driving till I found somewhere cooler ... which meant that I arrived home a day sooner than planned. It's coming up to midnight, and still 28°C. Probably just as well I can't see the state of my garden ... :cry:
Does all this heat mean no frolicking in the dew with dusky maidens.? :lol: :lol:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

On the contrary, my dear K - it's the perfect excuse for stripping down to near nothing and frolicking through the night until the morning dew makes things too slippery to carry on ... :mrgreen:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

CelticRambler wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:14 am On the contrary, my dear K - it's the perfect excuse for stripping down to near nothing and frolicking through the night until the morning dew makes things too slippery to carry on ... :mrgreen:
Oh Matron!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

So here we are again -"Storm Agnes" - not even registering 0 on the Beaufort scale https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_scale in Enniscorthy but Met Eireann and the media have again done their best to whip up visions of impending doom. The story of 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' seems to have been missed by them and one day we are going to be hit by some really serious weather and everybody will be caught out.
'no more blah blah blah'
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

It's battering down where I am.....serious waves coming in on the beach this morning early
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I’m in the midlands thankfully fairly sheltered but boy it’s brutal still!

Stay safe everyone !!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Okay, we're now up to 5 on the Beaufort Scale - a Fresh Breeze! :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
windows7

Post by windows7 »

Very rough otu there right now. SW Wexford
windows7