Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Meanwhile, July, somewhere on the A1 motorway in Italy

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.
dawg

Meanwhile, July, somewhere on the A1 motorway in Italy

Post by dawg »

Ever since the EU was started this sort of thing happens in Europe
honeyjo

Re: Meanwhile, July, somewhere on the A1 motorway in Italy

Post by honeyjo »

I'm speechless! Utterly bonkers
dawg

Post by dawg »

mailman wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:30 am You are just looking at cars. Every crop in the locality is wiped out but hail showers happen every summer in Europe and it is normal to see damage on cars. I saw dents on my car in unlikely spots and was wondering how someone could have dinged my car and then realised it wasn't other road users or stones being thrown but hail from above.
+1

A quick search will throw up pics of commercial aircraft with significant damage due to hail

A couple of years ago I was listening to RNZ news...an item towards the end warned that some route in the Bay of Plenty area ( north coast of the north island ) was closed and that this was due to 300mm of rain over the last couple of days ( yesss that is, in old money, One Foot of rain in a couple of days ) . This apparently was nothing special to them.

Lil' ol' Ireland just does not know how lucky it is when it comes to weather
Supercell
Verified Username

Post by Supercell »

Thats mad, car after car on the motorway with windows smashed in. Wouldnt want a car with a sun roof there! Must have been terrifying for them.