Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Autumn 2021 General discussion

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.
windows7

Autumn 2021 General discussion

Post by windows7 »

just thought I'd start a thread like on the old forum for general discussion related to autumn weather. will it be dry? wet? stormy? we'll have to find out. :)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Autumn 2021 General discussion

Post by Del.Monte »

We will either have an Indian Summer or it will one storm after another.
'no more blah blah blah'
quodec

Post by quodec »

Per Evelyn Cusack on Morning Ireland it will be unsettled next week followed by a drier pattern for the last two weeks of September. We’ll see!
windows7

Post by windows7 »

Weatherless day here in my area, no sunshine, rain or wind, just an endless blanket of grey cloud.
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

The nights are really drawing in now. It started getting dark very early this evening.
BettyBee

Post by BettyBee »

last Oct we had some fabbbbb weather - the leaves on the trees wer gorgeous - can't rem Sept as I was v busy that month.. anyway - hope we get some nice weather in the forthcoming mths.. we wanna go on a wee staycation in the Wexford area (hook head etc)
windows7

Post by windows7 »

Another mundane day here, endless grey every direction. It's not as bad as wet and windy but holy hell you would expect something better than this for the beginning of september. :roll:
windows7

Post by windows7 »

Today was the first time the sun came out here in i don't know how long, over a week maybe. Nice for a change. (:
windows7

Post by windows7 »

A fantastic day here, it's really warm out there too. Best day since the spell in july.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Very misty and overcast around mid Louth today. Low level cloud never lifted despite it being warm and sunny either side of the cloudbank. Unfortunate for those stuck under the pall!
windows7

Post by windows7 »

quodec wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:29 pm Very misty and overcast around mid Louth today. Low level cloud never lifted despite it being warm and sunny either side of the cloudbank. Unfortunate for those stuck under the pall!
I feel your pain, I remember one week in August 2020 when down here in Wexford(and i think most of the south) we got endless low hanging cloud while the northwest i think it was, got the sunshine.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

windows7 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:05 pm I feel your pain, I remember one week in August 2020 when down here in Wexford(and i think most of the south) we got endless low hanging cloud while the northwest i think it was, got the sunshine.
I don't know where in Wexford you live but the last week up until Saturday was like that around Courtown, cold dull and dreary this is probably the third or fourth time this summer this has happened. Global warming me arse.
windows7

Post by windows7 »

Today is completely different from yesterday, heavy rain during the night and today. I dont think I've ever seen the weather change as quickly as it did in the last 24 hours. That's probably it for the year in terms of sunny weather, but would love to be proven wrong.

Post by 490808 »

Just bought myself a new rain gauge and it rained today. Its still in the box :oops:
quodec

Post by quodec »

windows7 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:08 pm Today is completely different from yesterday, heavy rain during the night and today. I dont think I've ever seen the weather change as quickly as it did in the last 24 hours. That's probably it for the year in terms of sunny weather, but would love to be proven wrong.
That's mad Windows7!! Our weather here in north Louth has been balmy, even hot and humid at times with temps well over 20 for much of the day!! Bliss compared to yesterday (see above)!
windows7

Post by windows7 »

Dull and wet day here, but to be fair yesterday was nicer than I expected.
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

This summer had some serious heat a few weeks ago but it is trailing off into constntly dull and humid with lots of cloud cover. I can't remember seeing the moon or stars for weeks.
The indian summer is looking less and less likely. I think that is our lot for this year :cry:
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

I stand corrected. It got quite hot today :oops:
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Back to the rain and dark evenings again.
windows7

Post by windows7 »

Decent evening here, plenty of sunshine and warmth.
windows7

Post by windows7 »

A pretty good day today here, has that distinct chill that tells you it's autumn, but was still warm in that sunshine.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Lovely day in Wexford but I suspect it was that Indian Summer that I referred to in my earlier post - except that it was reduced to a single day.
'no more blah blah blah'
Clurickeen

Post by Clurickeen »

This afternoon we got heavy drizzle and a light wind, was really lovely. Maybe I'm a bit odd but I love this time of year when the evenings get dark and we get rain. I really love it if we get wind and rain together, nothing better than heading out for a walk in that weather. Don't like the summer at all. I tend not to say this too much to people in real life as they will thing I'm some sort of a weirdo..... Is there anyone else who feels the same about autumn?

Post by 765489 »

Clurickeen wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 pm This afternoon we got heavy drizzle and a light wind, was really lovely. Maybe I'm a bit odd but I love this time of year when the evenings get dark and we get rain. I really love it if we get wind and rain together, nothing better than heading out for a walk in that weather. Don't like the summer at all. I tend not to say this too much to people in real life as they will thing I'm some sort of a weirdo..... Is there anyone else who feels the same about autumn?
Autumn is my favourite time of the year, followed by Winter, Spring and Summer. In that order. I do have plans for all seasons outside, but Summer I never seem to finish anything properly.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Clurickeen wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 pmMaybe I'm a bit odd but I love this time of year when the evenings get dark and we get rain. I really love it if we get wind and rain together, nothing better than heading out for a walk in that weather. Don't like the summer at all. I tend not to say this too much to people in real life as they will thing I'm some sort of a weirdo.
When it come to "going on holidays" I've always preferred the Autumn over the other seasons, in a large part because it's easier to enjoy a good walk whatever the weather. There's still enough stretch in the evening to be able to do a good 15 or 20km, and it's rarely too hot or too cold to affect your enjoyment. If it's fine weather then the landscape often looks far more colourful and dramatic than it does in the height of summer; and if you've been walking in the wind and the rain, that makes a bowl of thick soup and fresh bread-roll taste so much better! :D