Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Weather

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Re: Weather

Post by Hodors Appletart »

Love it, love it, love it

We got the back garden remodelled in Spring 2019 and honestly it's the best money we spent on the house, love spending time out there in the warm weather, I finish work at 4 and head out and will stay out there until well after 11. It's south facing so when the sun comes around at about 11am it doesn't leave until it's set, have a lovely seated area, loads of colourful plants, flowers and herbs, built in BBQ the works.

Large adjustable parasol keeps us out of direct sunlight, and a jug of Sangria the odd evening, absolute heaven.
Hold The Door
Eggonyerface
Verified Username

Post by Eggonyerface »

I've been finding it hard to sleep myself. I heard a tip on the radio the other day to leave your bedroom curtains closed all day when you're not in the room. Maybe everyone knew this already but it was news to me and I definitely think it helped last night
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

If it was a few degrees cooler at night I wouldn't mind so much. Finding it hard to get a full nights sleep even when we keep the windows open all day and the curtains closed. Plus if the spiders would feck off I'd be happier..

Post by 765489 »

Too hot for me during the day but the mornings and evenings are great.

Edit just saw a little dust devil ? in a field where there is some vegetable harvesting going on. Chuffed never seen one of them before. Went on for about 300 metres then disappeared.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Oh FFS! I decided to go all out and really enjoy the mad heat so out came the very low cut halter neck swimsuit.
After an hour on the lounger when I was suitably roasted I heard the postmans van come up the road but not up the lane so I decided all was safe and I did not need to retreat demurely behind the cover of the trees til he was gone.

Minute or so later I am walking to go indoors with a pint glass of iced water when out of nowhere steps the postman who had walked up the lane. You think it might have been enough that I practically had my bosoms fully out for him, but oh no! I got such a fright to see him emerge so suddenly that I promptly spilled half the glass of cold water over the girls. So now I have done a private wet swimsuit show for the poor bucking postman!

😳
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Postie will never be the same again :D
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

My husband tells me faking my own death and moving abroad under a new identity is an unreasonable response.
But I don't know how I will ever open the door again. I am a very reserved person and this was textbook Benny Hill on steroids.

Damn you weather!
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I hear postie has sent it viral on youtube, as he was wearing his body cam :shock: :lol:

Post by 765489 »

Ha never thought a weather thread would have me in stitches :D :D :D :D :D
dawg

Post by dawg »

@Isha

*** Mandatory post ***
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

isha wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:22 pm Oh FFS! I decided to go all out and really enjoy the mad heat so out came the very low cut halter neck swimsuit.
After an hour on the lounger when I was suitably roasted I heard the postmans van come up the road but not up the lane so I decided all was safe and I did not need to retreat demurely behind the cover of the trees til he was gone.

Minute or so later I am walking to go indoors with a pint glass of iced water when out of nowhere steps the postman who had walked up the lane. You think it might have been enough that I practically had my bosoms fully out for him, but oh no! I got such a fright to see him emerge so suddenly that I promptly spilled half the glass of cold water over the girls. So now I have done a private wet swimsuit show for the poor bucking postman!

😳
:shock: Well you won't need to give your postman a tin of sweets or biscuits for Christmas, he has had his treat already :D
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

My daughter tells me that some day I will cry from laughing about it like she did when I told her the sorry tale. Today is not that day, Frank.
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

Its a great spell of weather allright, i have taken to sleeping on top of the bed sheets at night, to try and get a sleep.The only downside is my dogs are really struggling.
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

It looks like we are getting a bit of a break from the extreme heat today :)
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Indeed Uncle Frank, dropping from a scorching 29C to a fresh 28C here in the midwest. Can safely donate that Factor 50 to the Canadians. At least the nights are tolerable again and cold showers reserved for Chinese torture.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

Post by 490808 »

Cooler here this morning on the central south coast but hot this afternoon temps on Met.ie look set the same as the last week up until Tuesday at least.
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

Yes Sunday and Monday look good, was a lovely day here in the South East.
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

It is quite tolerable tonight. Even now when you walk past a building there is a blast of heat coming off of it.

Post by 765489 »

Cooler today in NCD. Hopefully some cooler nights so I can get some sleep! Also, and I'll probably get lynched for this but we badly need rain here :S
Seafields
Verified Username

Post by Seafields »

Just started to rain reasonably steadily here in South Kerry. Much needed but you can also feel the air clearing as it moved in. It was very humid feeling this morning
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

Nope don't want the rain, you can get very used to this weather.
quodec

Post by quodec »

No rain here in Louth yet, just south of Dundalk. Are we the last area to remain dry?
Last edited by quodec on Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 490808 »

10mm of rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow along with some thunderstorms but so far its all past over us (coastal central south east).
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Dull and overcast, quite cold out. Typical Irish Summer weather in other words.
Normal service has been resumed.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The trees badly need the rain though. And all the plants. I don't mind a good dousing of rain for a while, as long as we can get in another few bits of lovely sun before October rolls around.