Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Weather - Thunderstorms across the middle of the country.

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

Weather - Thunderstorms across the middle of the country.

Post by 490808 »

First off don't think you can have an Irish BB site that doesn't have somewhere to discuss the weather?

Just checking local forecast on Met.ie and noticed the map shows masses of lightning going across the middle of the country. From just below Galway almost all the way across to just below Dublin.

Looks bad from the map anyone there in the middle of it?

Still just sweltering heat here in the costal mid south with an intermittent hazy cloud cover.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Re: Weather - Thunderstorms across the middle of the country.

Post by Guburnor »

The Continental Op wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:25 pm First off don't think you can have an Irish BB site that doesn't have somewhere to discuss the weather?
Welcome to the Weather Forum

Post by 490808 »

I hope it won't be lonely

Post by 765489 »

Any chance of getting MT onboard ? :mrgreen:
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:15 pm Any chance of getting MT onboard ? :mrgreen:
Yeah, grab team C and rendition him here :lol:
Gamer Bhoy 89

Post by Gamer Bhoy 89 »

Haven't been so relieved to see dull clouds outside my window. This is the longest I've went without using my desk fan as well. Won't say no to some thunder if it even comes through Kilkenny.

It was supposed to on Friday and it seemed every other county was hit with rain and thunder except KK (city, at least).

P.S. Feels weird using a different Irish forum than Boards. This is my first post and it's typically about the weather :lol:

Post by 490808 »

^^^
Always found Kilkenny and around the Nore really good for thunderstorms. When I worked with computers full time Kilkenny City was always 1st place for computers that just went dead, either the power supplies in the area are really bad or they get more lightning than elsewhere.
Gamer Bhoy 89

Post by Gamer Bhoy 89 »

Well if Kk get more lightning than anywhere else, she must've been due a break because there has been sweet feck all here all weekend :lol: :lol: . The clouds have lightened up as of 1300 (right now) and the sun is beaming into my window again. Desk fan back on full shwing.

Post by 765489 »

The Continental Op wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:36 am ^^^
Always found Kilkenny and around the Nore really good for thunderstorms. When I worked with computers full time Kilkenny City was always 1st place for computers that just went dead, either the power supplies in the area are really bad or they get more lightning than elsewhere.
One of the lads from Eircom a couple of years ago told me Blanchardstown was the same with regard to a lightning hotspot... could never verify it though
Supercell
Verified Username

Post by Supercell »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:42 pm One of the lads from Eircom a couple of years ago told me Blanchardstown was the same with regard to a lightning hotspot... could never verify it though
Thats interesting, I've often noticed during thundery spells that Tallaght seems to better than here in Loughlinstown near the coast, probably most places a bit inland - western Dublin in general, would be the same.