Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

spare wood

Measure twice, cut once...
Cobham

spare wood

Post by Cobham »

I am looking for an appreciative woodworker who might have a use for some old wood salvaged from a brass bed whose provenance can be dated to at least 1918. Four pieces were used to support the old spring base and look like pine (pitch pine?) or maybe cedar? The overall measurements are 190 x 80 x 50 mm (two) and 140 x 80 x 50 mm (two). The larger pieces are planed and both have some indentations to take bolt etc. They are located in south Dublin. PM please if any interest, maybe with email or contact details.
kadman
Verified Username

Re: spare wood

Post by kadman »

Cobham wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:41 pm I am looking for an appreciative woodworker who might have a use for some old wood salvaged from a brass bed whose provenance can be dated to at least 1918. Four pieces were used to support the old spring base and look like pine (pitch pine?) or maybe cedar? The overall measurements are 190 x 80 x 50 mm (two) and 140 x 80 x 50 mm (two). The larger pieces are planed and both have some indentations to take bolt etc. They are located in south Dublin. PM please if any interest, maybe with email or contact details.
Nice one, thankyou.

Decent sizes there as well. Thanks for your generosity and hopefully someone will take you up on it.
I suspect its pitch pine rather than cedar, but who knows. Either way nice timber for a project. :)