Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Crypto Getting Destroyed Today.

WokeHogan

Re: Crypto Getting Destroyed Today.

Post by WokeHogan »

hahah this is great :D :D :D

Post by 765489 »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:17 am Down nearly $3000 in the last few hours, I'm calling it now, will be below $38,000 this time tomorrow night.
Do you think Crypto will recover Jonjo or is there something else going on with it ? I was reading there a couple of countries have either banned data mining or thinking of banning it.
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:05 pm Do you think Crypto will recover Jonjo or is there something else going on with it ? I was reading there a couple of countries have either banned data mining or thinking of banning it.
Crypto is volatile, it will crash every so often and now is not a great time, tech shares on the stock markets are bombing also as people withdraw their investments. It'll recover, may take a while but it will come back and break all time highs again just keep stacking
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:05 pm Do you think Crypto will recover Jonjo or is there something else going on with it ? I was reading there a couple of countries have either banned data mining or thinking of banning it.
I've actually made the most profit I've ever made the last few days trading bitcoin.
I'm out now and happy with my profit, most of the coins I hold are down a lot but going to hold onto them and perhaps wait at least a week or more and reassess if I will buy into them more, the Russian- Ukraine story is going to affect everything and we don't know how that is going to play out yet so I'm out for the moment.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

I'm not sure I would share Jonjo's enthusiasm. I've been following the crypto idea since its inception, and although I'd approve of the fundamental concept, I think it has been so overwhelmingly taken over by speculative capitalist investors - of which Jonjo and myself are just two - that its future downfall is almost guaranteed.

I am in the process of cashing out, not so much because I think the whole shebang has reached its peak but because I can no longer reconcile the original principal of a decentralised currency with the massive environmental cost incurred by every single trade. Were I in charge of any publicly-owned energy network, I would support a ban on anyone using state-subsidised electricity for crypto mining, and a hefty fine for anyone caught doing so. Some countries are already doing that.

That said, while Jonjo has been dabbling in hyperbole on this thread, none of the coins has been destroyed. I still have a few buy positions open for "the next decent crash price" which I set up about four months ago, and there's no sign of them being filled in the immediate future. I think an awful lot of crypto traders - especially those who've come on board in more recent years - are only interested in short-term volatility and the gains that they can make from that. This makes crypto utterly unusable for real-world transactions, which reinforces its role as nothing more than an unregulated speculative investment, which then makes it a target for every country that wants to regulate the finances of its citizens.
JONJO THE MISER

Used to usually always trade bitcoin on a Sunday night from 8:30 pm, usually it would go higher on a Sunday night into Monday morning, gonna skip it this week.
BadaBing

Post by BadaBing »

Could be the FED is crashing all markets with some plan to keep inflation away, billions of value wiped out.
JONJO THE MISER

Right, just got into Doge, got in at 0.14166, gonna ride this baby all weekend.
Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori »

BadaBing wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:11 pm Could be the FED is crashing all markets with some plan to keep inflation away, billions of value wiped out.
They giveth and taketh... the Fed is the reason why the US market is at such insane valuations. Can't go on forever. It was a good decade.
JONJO THE MISER

Over $3.6 billion bitcoin seized by the U.S Department of Justice from a couple who were laundering it by buying nfts, gold and gift cards :lol:
The couple have there own YouTube channel( who doesn't these days) and she has written articles about crypto for forbes.
I mean how stupid do you have to be, if there had that much stolen get the hell out of the states and.go to a country with no extradition treaty or make a deal with the Russians or Chinese.
https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/c ... bust-ever/

Youtube video
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

If bitcoin was the be all and end all of all currencies, why would you be getting rid of it for material Tat :shock:

Post by 490808 »

Money laundering. If you have gold you can easily sell it for cash and then have a reason for having the cash.

Gold also goes up in value. Maybe not as much as bitcoin but it's not as volatile a market.
Last edited by 490808 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Me and crypto currency - if you can't physically handle it, it doesn't exist.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:39 pm

Me and crypto currency - if you can't physically handle it, it doesn't exist.
You can say the same for both Gold and Silver ETF's, if you cant touch the gold and silver, then its fiction.

I see so many establishments offering to look after your gold and silver ETF's in their vaults, its laughable :mrgreen:

Post by 490808 »

If buying and selling gold was easy (maybe it is I must check) I think I'd buy gold and risk keeping at home rather than investing in Cryptocurrencies?