Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Co.Wexford - Castlebridge

Location specific discussion here. We'll distribute threads into relevant subforums when there are active discussions
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Co.Wexford - Castlebridge

Post by Del.Monte »

Whilst on my recent escape from Enniscorthy I made it out to nearby Castlebridge to visit the "Treasure Trove" antiques emporium and nearby craft centre, as well as having a meal at the adjacent "Frying Irishman". All very nice but trying to cross the road in the village is unreal - traffic, in particular artics, speeding through in several different directions, no sign of any road signs warning vehicles to slow down or attempt at traffic calming measures. Footpaths, where they exist, are tiny and the blind bend at the junction - see photographs - is absolutely lethal.

On our way back to the car-park outside the Frying Irishman we were damn near taken out of it. Ironically we had passed a speed trap van on a wide, straight stretch of road on the journey from Enniscorthy to Wexford - only in Ireland? Anyway, I full intend to take the matter further as it's a ludicrous situation and a serious accident waiting to happen - quite apart from it not being conducive to developing the village as a tourist location or a pleasant place to live.
'no more blah blah blah'