Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Unique Reasons for abandoning the other social site

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.

Unique Reasons for abandoning the other social site

Post by 95438756 »

My very own:

IT has become a Primary Platform for
  • Aiken Promotions, in relation to Croke Park.
    RTÉ - Television and Radio Vehicle for Tubbs, Duffy and their listening fans.
    Sports - Ball games have very biased moderation.

on the Positive side of boards, I think the threads about Donald Trump DO reflect accurately on his downward unsavoury trijectory though.

What about you?
aidhor8319

Re: Unique Reasons for abandoning the other social site

Post by aidhor8319 »

In no particular order

1) Inconsistent & biased modding. Also mods on a power trip
2) Brutal changeover of the site, showing the people in charge haven't a clue
3) A very woke/overly liberal type of bias & leaning the site showed in general.
4) Crazy strict rules in relation to accessing the soccer forum & managing to stay on it.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

My own reasons
  • Totally crap redesign which made usability drop
  • Lack of reasonable debate. Most people there tended to graduate to the "You're COMPLETELY WRONG because you have a different opinion and IM RIGHT!"
  • It got stale.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

After ODB died I just could not stomach it, as it reminded me of how she had been treated by so many for very valid, reasoned opinions.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

The final straw was the revamp of the site which was a complete disaster but I had been falling out of love with it for a long time,it wasn't fun anymore.
The patronising language used, particularly by some of the mods, not all, and not to me in particular but it made me think, "who do these guys think they are? We're not five year olds FFS. I know there have to be rules but even serial killers get to defend themselves.
CheekyChapette81

Post by CheekyChapette81 »

I've just jumped ship.
Mods are a disaster, they don't moderate a thing.
”she was cool-as if the whole world seemed to spin around her in smooth jazz” -Atticus
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Oh no , not another mod bashing thread about boards. there has to be more to discuss, its too tiring re hashing this.

6 posts and four of them on about the old boards mods. I cant take another thread about god damn boards bloody mods.
Who gives a shite. I was a mod along with a lot of other members here. Who cares, its history.

Post by 95438756 »

CheekyChapette81 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:38 pm I've just jumped ship.
Mods are a disaster, they don't moderate a thing.
Oh Yes they do:

Any different post outside the Moderator's inner circle of darling posters. Apparent in sport and some regional.
Don't hurt any of the mods friends.
CheekyChapette81

gugleguy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:02 pm Oh Yes they do:

Any different post outside the Moderator's inner circle of darling posters. Apparent in sport and some regional.
Don't hurt any of the mods friends.
Really? I was mainly in after hours so maybe twas different there.
I wasn't in their inner circle that's for sure :D
”she was cool-as if the whole world seemed to spin around her in smooth jazz” -Atticus
CheekyChapette81

kadman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:53 pm Oh no , not another mod bashing thread about boards. there has to be more to discuss, its too tiring re hashing this.

6 posts and four of them on about the old boards mods. I cant take another thread about god damn boards bloody mods.
Who gives a shite. I was a mod along with a lot of other members here. Who cares, its history.
I've only arrived so forgive my ignorance 8-)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

@ kadman

+1

There's a thread here for all the backbiting/bitching etc: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

CheekyChapette81 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:21 pm I've only arrived so forgive my ignorance 8-)
Forgiveness.......whats that,

I am a grisly old mod from over yonder, and still a mod there. I dont do forgiveness, I terminate with extreme prejudice, and i have you in my crosshairs . Those mods you are familiar with are pussies.........................................I'm watching you boyo :twisted:

Now run along.
CheekyChapette81

kadman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:13 pm Forgiveness.......whats that,

I am a grisly old mod from over yonder, and still a mod there. I dont do forgiveness, I terminate with extreme prejudice, and i have you in my crosshairs . Those mods you are familiar with are pussies.........................................I'm watching you boyo :twisted:

Now run along.
I'm a... Girl?
You need to calm down love.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

If you are a lady, do hang about. We are sparse in number here and could do with reinforcements 😊
CheekyChapette81

isha wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:07 pm If you are a lady, do hang about. We are sparse in number here and could do with reinforcements 😊
Well hello :D
Yes I was wondering how many womanfolk were here. I was outnumbered over yonder but can argue like a dude nevertheless 8-)
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

CheekyChapette81 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:10 pm but can argue like a dude nevertheless 8-)
Nothing like exposure therapy to toughen one up 😉😊
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

isha wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:07 pm If you are a lady, do hang about. We are sparse in number here and could do with reinforcements 😊
Jaysus........dont encourage her. Next thing you know we will have a knitting circle and make up parties going on. And when she meets CR we will end up with dance classes in the moonlight. :lol:

Seriously, welcome. I was one of the nicer mods over yonder ;)
CheekyChapette81

kadman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:47 pm Jaysus........dont encourage her. Next thing you know we will have a knitting circle and make up parties going on. And when she meets CR we will end up with dance classes in the moonlight. :lol:

Seriously, welcome. I was one of the nicer mods over yonder ;)
Ah see, your a pussycat really :D
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CheekyChapette81

kadman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:58 pm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ah feck no, please not that type :o
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Rather one-sided moderation of Covid forum was the final straw, where posters advocating for continued restrictions could freely take potshots at others who held contrary views. Indeed, backseat moderation was granted to those in favour of authoritarian governance with a goldenshill benefitting more than most. And then you had a seamusless flip flop artist who possessed an uncanny knack for holding two contradictory views at once. In addition to being a diehard apologist of all things FG and NPHET, not to mention displaying fascist leanings promoting the ostracising of unvaccinated from society.

I took the resident moderator to task for letting these dishonest and disingenuous bluff merchants complete licence, while ruthlessly stifling those who dared criticise Tony Holohan for possessing dictatorial tendencies and his role in casting hundreds of elderly people to their deaths (flippantly placing them in nursing homes during a peak wave pre-vaccination). A site ban immediately followed for having the temerity to stand up against a somewhat biased echo chamber, especially considering all those establishment posters with well-paid vocations and secure pensions were getting the gold star treatment from day one of the pandemic.

I leave boards with the inverted peace sign to all those I clashed with on that forum, and a metaphorical handshake of respect for those who confronted the miserable pedants inhibiting the freedoms of others...and calling out relentless bombardment of propaganda from RTÉ and other vehicles of government malfeasance. As for Tony Holohan? His day of judgement will come, none of us with goldfish bowl memories have forgotten his role in the cervical check scandal. Despite his desperate attempt to wrestle control of the narrative. The arrogant fraud has blood on his hands, and when the sentence is handed down I'll crack the seal on that single malt.
Last edited by Berties_Horse on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

They are more interested in saving face that actual moderating and discussions.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Berties_Horse wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:49 pm Rather one-sided moderation of Covid forum was the final straw, where posters advocating for continued restrictions could freely take potshots at others who held contrary views. Indeed, backseat moderation was granted to those in favour of authoritarian governance with a goldenshill benefitting more than most. And then you had a seamusless flip flop artist who possessed an uncanny knack for holding two contradictory views at once. In addition to being a diehard apologist of all things FG and NPHET, not to mention displaying fascist leanings promoting the ostracising of unvaccinated from society.

I took the resident moderator to task for letting these dishonest and disingenuous bluff merchants complete licence, while ruthlessly stifling those who dared criticise Tony Holohan for possessing dictatorial tendencies and his role in casting hundreds of elderly people to their deaths (flippantly placing them in nursing homes during a peak wave pre-vaccination). A site ban immediately followed for having the temerity to stand up against a somewhat biased echo chamber, especially considering all those establishment posters with well-paid vocations and secure pensions were getting the gold star treatment from day one of the pandemic.

I leave boards with the inverted peace sign to all those I clashed with on that forum, and a metaphorical handshake of respect for those who confronted the miserable pedants inhibiting the freedoms of others...and calling out relentless bombardment of propaganda from RTÉ and other vehicles of government malfeasance. As for Tony Holohan? His day of judgement will come, none of us with goldfish bowl memories have forgotten his role in the cervical check scandal. Despite his desperate attempt to wrestle control of the narrative. The arrogant fraud has blood on his hands, and when the sentence is handed down I'll crack the seal on that single malt.
Puts on head mod’s voice (we’ll call him Feasty) : NO TALK OF CERVICAL CHECK OR YOU WILL BE BANNED!!!!

Read some of the pages in Current Affairs - the bold instructions are hilarious. Re the van attack in Wakeasha (sp) - literally telling everyone what opinions they can express.

He’s the reason it’s dying on it’s arse.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Johnny Von Pintland

Post by Johnny Von Pintland »

Berties_Horse wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:49 pm Rather one-sided moderation of Covid forum was the final straw, where posters advocating for continued restrictions could freely take potshots at others who held contrary views. Indeed, backseat moderation was granted to those in favour of authoritarian governance with a goldenshill benefitting more than most. And then you had a seamusless flip flop artist who possessed an uncanny knack for holding two contradictory views at once. In addition to being a diehard apologist of all things FG and NPHET, not to mention displaying fascist leanings promoting the ostracising of unvaccinated from society.

Jesus Christ, dude, how much did you have to drink?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

'no more blah blah blah'