Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The Nutters interview thread: guby ranting and raving

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
isha
Verified Username

Re: The Nutters interview thread: guby ranting and raving

Post by isha »

I like to think of the known unknowns and the unknown unknowns but it is the unknowables that are the most fascinating 😊
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm going so say slow feckers driving dangerously slow on main roads, followed by arseholes hogging the overtaking lane...

I was going from Bandon to Cork. I had just left Bandon when I encountered a bollox in a Ford C-max driving at 60kph when the speed limit was 100kph. The road was dry and clear, yet he was sitting on the white line stopping overtaking as the road hasn't great sight lines (nice sweeping bends by the old railway line).

Then we enter Innishannon, a 50kph zone where he accelerates to well above 60kph!

Anyway, I'm sitting there, third car back from this bollox and I'm thinking that it'll be grand, I can overtake on the climbing lane out of Innishannon. Then, we get to the climbing lane, Mr. Slow bollox accelerates to about 85kph and the first fella trying to overtake matches Mr slow bollox's speed, preventing the rest of us from overtaking.

Mr inconsiderate overtaking arsehole eventually completes his manoeuvre before the climbing lane ends and then car #2 and #3 try to complete their overtakes but it seems nobody explained to push the accelerator. Meanwhile, I'm caught sitting in the overtaking lane next to Mr slow bollox and rapidly running out of overtaking lane.

I'm forced to break by the inconsiderate overtaking arseholes and fall in behind Mr. Slow bollox who proceeds to slow back down to 60kph and sit on the white line.

All I'm saying is I'm glad for the straight at Donovan's Farm and a good dollop of power under the right foot.....

Post by 95438756 »

Poor GAA may have to sacrifice some playing fields....sacrilege.
Here's my solution: Formula 1 motor racing drivers do this: Play Gaming simulation -
I do know that a GAA game exists. All players up to All - Stars can resort to this. They can well afford to install the best gaming laptops, because when they're on the phone in the office they say "GAA - All Star"

Post by 95438756 »

What was the last social media event / livestream you were at that turned out to be a Pity Party?

Post by 765489 »

Went to modify the default spam policy for my friend's company's O365 org to put a block on some source countries, sensitive words and certain languages but M$ want me to run a powershell command to enable organisation customisation. Your a billion dollar company, could you not make it easy and just put an option to enable customisation of the default spam policy in the admin portal of O365 rather than the customer having to fecking spend 30 minutes figuring out what the powershell command is?

./rantover
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

No where else to put this.

Noticed this post by Dempo, who has an ability to stay level headed and concise where others will get too wound up. Skimpydoo is another one I don’t always agree with but I appreciate and respect what they post. Genuine people with interesting takes. They have brought in the big guns though, the trolling wind up merchants who are slowly killing the site like gmail, nudain, dubinmeath etc.. notice how they constantly deflect and quote other posters as if they said something else, never deal with the topic at hand are constantly sniping and getting others banned for activity that they engage in, projection. These people are truly the worst and they need to be called out, but because of the brown nosing these are the most protected people on the site.

“ But I will say this without fear of contradiction, there are a small number of posters in Particular, well known to all who, for whatever reason have been stirring discourse deliberately & intentionally on numerous Politcal & CA threads , I've done an extensive analysis of their posts, Timing , posting patterns & it's quite disturbing. Some might ask why I chose to do this , that's very simple really , various attempts to Slur , hound & frankly harrass me out of certain threads, including vile comments & clear Baiting led me to literally screen shot every single interaction & I'm glad I did”.

If you notice any political thread this is how it works, they work as a team and anyone who posts anything they disagree with they go to work. Igtadose, everlast, protonmike, tony eh, osarusan, duploelabs, extra gravy, irishgrover, etc…. I could include others on this list, but I think they genuinely believe what they post, the above list are the reprehensible ones that are smart enough to know what they’re doing.

You’ll notice this offending post will get 10 replies that quote this post within the next 20 or so posts that range from slight disagreement to full blown accusations of being evil. If the poster replies to all of them they are soapboxing and readily threadbanned, if they don’t reply to enough of them the posts that were unanswered get spammed until either the poster is constantly trying to play catch up vs a dozen people with Ill intent, or will get threadbanned for not replying to people, for ignoring the questions.(see not obtuse) They will constantly berate this poster, accusing them of all sorts of things for mere disagreement on issues. It’s wearing and anyone who replies with the same tone then gets threadbanned.

Rules for thee, but not for me. The moderator will see this one poster constantly getting 12 reports of their post breaking some rule and the mod will eventually act on the number of reports.

They play a simple numbers game which means that all opposition needs to be met with furious anger and relentless aggression, until they’re gone, lest their numbers grow.

/sorry for the rant

Post by 95438756 »

^^^^good call knownunknown,

ruined your post with apology.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:09 pm dubinmeath
This poster’s account was recently deleted, yet the avatar and post count remains, has anyone seen this before?

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119816234