Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

GERRRUP, ye lazy feckers!

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

GERRRUP, ye lazy feckers!

Post by CelticRambler »

Longest day of the year and ye're still in bed instead of making the most of it? :shock:

Well, I don't want to hear anyone whinging about the evenings drawing in next week. :lol:
Frank

Re: GERRRUP, ye lazy feckers!

Post by Frank »

It’s raining. I’m going back to bed.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Geez the summer is half over.....

Post by 765489 »

Unfortunately I'll be up very early tomorrow to get to the other side of the country so I'll be in bed before sunset tonight.

I thought it got dark early yesterday evening.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

It was dark early here in the 'sunny' south east yesterday or so it seemed to me.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

CelticRambler wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:38 am Longest day of the year and ye're still in bed instead of making the most of it? :shock:

Well, I don't want to hear anyone whinging about the evenings drawing in next week. :lol:
you've too much again on your cornflakes, i don't mean the milk.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Only the day the clocks go back is worse than the day the days stop lengthening. In March you get such a boost knowing that the days are stretching out ahead for, it seems, forever and then, all of a sudden, bang, reality strikes.
I wonder what's happening with the clocks this year? I know most of Europe, including here, was in favour of leaving them alone from now on but of course, our poxy politicians, as usual, don't want to listen to the plebs. I remember Charlie O'Flanagan saying we couldn't have an hour difference between Dundalk and Newry. Personally, I say fcuk Newry If they want to stay in the past, let them, there are plenty of places in Continental Europe where you can cross a river or a road and be in a different time zone.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I think following Europe on the daylight saving time adjustments would really tell the Brexiteers that Ireland is going with the EU and not the Brexiteers daft dreams of their empire
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Jeeez, is that the time? :o

'Sno wonder I'm hungry - been stone walling all day in the heat ; in now for my siesta, and morning coffee!
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Was beautiful in the midwest fantastic weather, by the beach in this weather is like paradise.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm happy that the WiFi reaches into the garden enough to allow me to work outside.

Ah bliss (except for the bloody hay fever)

Post by 765489 »

I'm hoping we can get one more day of sunshine as I've got 70 bales of hay to move up to a neighbour before they turn into soggy piles of shite!