Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
knownunknown

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by knownunknown »

What a sick world we live in where idiots are moderators of our conversations. Yes the mods on boards largely are all ideologically driven idiots who can’t see past their own noses.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119664608

It was created by gamers as a place for everyone to congregate and these types of places were the best on the internet before the smartphone people joined. They wouldn’t know real trolling if it smacked them in the face, everything they disagree with these days is trolling, because their sensibilities have been offended, and those of the regulars making all the complaints too. Those regulars that regularly rile others up with nasty comments. Just check the above link and see some of the nastiness levelled at the poster and the type of mod action taken. It’s fecking Lala land they’re living in.

Things like this make me lose faith in humanity, how can anyone be so fecking stupid?

If it had been bought out by nazis pushing a nazi agenda it surely would have been shut down already, but the agenda they have is just as bad, one with religious undertones that ostracises anyone that shows wrong think.

If ever I see politics and ‘high brow’ in the same sentence I just laugh, the moderators mostly have to remind the regulars from being silly when they’re not bullying someone into being banned.

Post by 95438756 »

Lately I've notice a definite upsurge in " help-me-by-the-hand-here" threads on boards. The poster is almost always new and it is clear they have done zero research on their own.
If the thread is answered the OP disappears again.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Boggles. An absolute clown of a poster - has NEVER once posted in good faith, just snark snark snark.

A thoroughly unpleasant man.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

The Ukrainian thread, don't go inn there! It's full of the usual trolls who tag team posters and refuse to accept anything that doesn't suit their own agenda. There's the usual demand for sources for every comment and when they're presented they are dismissed as being from April and clearly out of date! Of course Beasty is in every few days to ban these non agenda keeping posters!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:18 pm The Ukrainian thread, don't go inn there! It's full of the usual trolls who tag team posters and refuse to accept anything that doesn't suit their own agenda. There's the usual demand for sources for every comment and when they're presented they are dismissed as being from April and clearly out of date! Of course Beasty is in every few days to ban these non agenda keeping posters!
Heaven forbid people recount real world experiences eh ?

There is the One True Voice and don't you all forget it!

ALL REFUGEE GOOD
ALL WHITE PEOPLE EVIL OPPRESSORS
TRANSPEOPLE RULE ALL
DO NOT USE LABELS OR BE BANNED - YOU CIS BIGOT ;)
WE HATE CRIMINALS - GOD BLESS THE TWIN ST GEORGEs!!

etc etc
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Post by 95438756 »

There are a number of posters who started threads on boards after gaining their qualifications and leaving college.
They make themselves look less eligable for any job tbf let alone the trade / area they went after in college.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:24 pm What a sick world we live in where idiots are moderators of our conversations. Yes the mods on boards largely are all ideologically driven idiots who can’t see past their own noses.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119664608

It was created by gamers as a place for everyone to congregate and these types of places were the best on the internet before the smartphone people joined. They wouldn’t know real trolling if it smacked them in the face, everything they disagree with these days is trolling, because their sensibilities have been offended, and those of the regulars making all the complaints too. Those regulars that regularly rile others up with nasty comments. Just check the above link and see some of the nastiness levelled at the poster and the type of mod action taken. It’s fecking Lala land they’re living in.

Things like this make me lose faith in humanity, how can anyone be so fecking stupid?

If it had been bought out by nazis pushing a nazi agenda it surely would have been shut down already, but the agenda they have is just as bad, one with religious undertones that ostracises anyone that shows wrong think.

If ever I see politics and ‘high brow’ in the same sentence I just laugh, the moderators mostly have to remind the regulars from being silly when they’re not bullying someone into being banned.
Incredible that that perfectly reasonable post by JL555 (?) gets a "trolling" warning....

The Biden thread is an utter echo chamber JOKE as well ...

Post by 95438756 »

Beasty is now in the habit of cutting any thread he was warned of by his back seat moderating friends down to the Opening Post then posting a single reply of a stern warning. Comedy.
A satirical theatrical production could be made of his antics.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

I've once again deleted my planks account but this time I'm never going back. I can't bare what the place has become. Every political or woke thread gets shoehorned down a blind alley where you cannot question anything or you get trolled by the mob and then banned by the overlord for not keeping to the agenda
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Same thing just as you described, a bunch of trolls reply to this poster saying things he didn’t say, then the collection of their posts in reply to those is somehow used as justification for ‘low level trolling’. In boards world mere disagreement amounts to low level trolling these days.

How twisted of a mind you’d have to have to see things like this. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119714005
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

fecking Overheal in the BLM thread. Absolute bellend of the highest possible magnitude.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I had a look to see what the chat was like re Creeslough as tbh it can be quiet here if you want to chat about something. But good grief, I don't want to chat so much that I would risk a headache. Careful what I wish for!

So in passing I noticed a thread saying Complaint against mod B.... And that mods response was "who do you want to complain to?" That's kind of crazy on such a huge national site. That there is at most one person who will oversee or check a mods activity - it's a private fiefdom really.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:13 pm I had a look to see what the chat was like re Creeslough as tbh it can be quiet here if you want to chat about something. But good grief, I don't want to chat so much that I would risk a headache. Careful what I wish for!

So in passing I noticed a thread saying Complaint against mod B.... And that mods response was "who do you want to complain to?" That's kind of crazy on such a huge national site. That there is at most one person who will oversee or check a mods activity - it's a private fiefdom really.
What’s going on is insidious and described well by another poster there who said this,

“ No. Disagreeing with a point of view is fine. Claiming that the view they’re disagreeing with is yours when it’s theirs is the giveaway.”

That is it right there nail on the head. How the mods can’t see this leads me to believe that they just aren’t very intelligent or that they are in cahoots with those trolling regulars. There is no other explanation.

It’ll go something like this:

Poster “I like mcDonald’s”
Another poster “so you really hate Burger King then huh?”
Poster” I said nothing about Burger King, I have no opinion about Burger King but I like Mac Donald’s”
Another poster “all your posts around here clearly show that you hate Burger King, so I don’t know why you’re trying to hide it”
Poster: “if you want to talk about Burger King so much have at it but please stop quoting me when doing so.”

Mod arrives, “poster threadbanned for low level trolling”
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

isha wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:13 pm I had a look to see what the chat was like re Creeslough as tbh it can be quiet here if you want to chat about something. But good grief, I don't want to chat so much that I would risk a headache. Careful what I wish for!

Too much power concentrated in the hands of one belligerent. He's only missing a pair of shades and twirling baton, roaring out "respect my authoritah!" at those who waste his precious time. Delusions of grandeur have reached a pinnacle, the next phase is a slow descent into victimhood followed by monomaniacal paranoia. Like a Traveller family burning out a council house and decamping to the front lawn, the dictator-in-chief will end up inspecting the hollowed out remnants of a once respected site.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

I did the same, and thought it was a very odd thread, derailed by overzealous modding of speculation as to the cause early in the thread.

Then a dedicated condolences thread was set up.

So if offering condolences was OT, any speculation as to why the explosion might have happened was banned, or indeed any other speculation on the incident, what on earth was the point of the thread?

Eventually it was locked because the thread had become "a honey trap for trolls and time wasters". Who'd have thought it?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Berties_Horse wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:33 pm Too much power concentrated in the hands of one belligerent. He's only missing a pair of shades and twirling baton, roaring out "respect my authoritah!" at those who waste his precious time. Delusions of grandeur have reached a pinnacle, the next phase is a slow descent into victimhood followed by monomaniacal paranoia. Like a Traveller family burning out a council house and decamping to the front lawn, the dictator-in-chief will end up inspecting the hollowed out remnants of a once respected site.
I have to repeat - the day I was sitebanned (when in reality a week would havwe done but once you question the Dear Leader you are fcked) - I created another account purely to vent and said "I hope the site dies on its arse and with Beasty at the helm it surely will".

I will be shown to be right as he hasn't a clue.

Post by 95438756 »

boards.ie cannot be reached at moment?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:35 am boards.ie cannot be reached at moment?
Works for me
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:35 am boards.ie cannot be reached at moment?
Forza GUBU!!!!!!

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Getting a few mentions from a former user from here. Apparently gubu is described as “ I gave the place a go. There are a few users from here who'd be decent enough but 99% of the place is toxic incels wailing about vaccines, immigration and, of course, transgender people. It's an utter cesspit and exactly what you'd expect of such cultural refuse.”

A quick glance at the last few posts here are about wtf moment of the day, car boot sales, explosion in creeslough, Burke family and Russia.

These ideological culture war warriors that have usurped boards only care when you talk about one of their big issues though I.e. immigration, transgender and vaccines. Their groups think doesn’t yet incorporate how they should think about recent issues. They have not been told how to think about these things yet, there is no acceptable speculation allowed until then. It might be incorrect(shudder).

Of course the above topics have been discussed here at great length with the above poster taking issue and exception with very few. I know if I were given the chance in what I perceived to be an echo chamber I’d do everything possible to change their minds or have my mind changed through argument and reason, alas something that poster never tried. The last issue they had a problem with was others not recognising a short video clip as ‘homophobia’. The clip was about a group of lgbt supporters dancing in front of a handful of elderly protestors at a massive LGBT parade. The actions of that group of dancers who were also blowing kisses and giving the finger mirror that of ancapaill very well, they want to quell any dissent whatsoever. Even a handful of elderly protestors with signs at a parade that were excluded by a metal fence was too much at a parade of thousands with flags everywhere and music booming. They had to have feck you shouted at them while dancing in front of them, it’s the only way to deal with hateful bigots.

This is written by someone who in their last post here called another poster ‘Hateful piece of human waste’ (refuse and waste seem to be among their favourites) and ‘bloated parasite’(fat shaming?) I remember because I wrote a complaint report about it, one of only 3-4 times I ever complained about any post here. Don’t be a dick and don’t insult others and don’t make mass generalisations about people, yet this poster broke all of those rules regularly. That’s why boards has gone to the dogs. They hate when these topics are talked about because they are ‘culture war’ type topics. They are the ones pushing this culture war and want no dissent whatsoever. You will listen, you will obey and if not they’ll call you hateful and bigoted, while also insulting you. Rules for thee but not for me.

It’s such a regular occurrence on boards that it’s clear as day to any observer which way the mods are moderating. Their select few are allowed to insult others at will while anyone who challenges them is quickly sent to the kerb. It’s ok though because their intentions are pure. Dig beneath the surface, destruct their argument or ask them for examples and they’ll start calling you names from their high horse.
This strategy used to work so well, people took all this in at face value, but not anymore; you can only cry wolf so many times.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:16 pm Getting a few mentions from a former user from here. Apparently gubu is described as “ I gave the place a go. There are a few users from here who'd be decent enough but 99% of the place is toxic incels wailing about vaccines, immigration and, of course, transgender people. It's an utter cesspit and exactly what you'd expect of such cultural refuse.”

A quick glance at the last few posts here are about wtf moment of the day, car boot sales, explosion in creeslough, Burke family and Russia.

These ideological culture war warriors that have usurped boards only care when you talk about one of their big issues though I.e. immigration, transgender and vaccines. Their groups think doesn’t yet incorporate how they should think about recent issues. They have not been told how to think about these things yet, there is no acceptable speculation allowed until then. It might be incorrect(shudder).

Of course the above topics have been discussed here at great length with the above poster taking issue and exception with very few. I know if I were given the chance in what I perceived to be an echo chamber I’d do everything possible to change their minds or have my mind changed through argument and reason, alas something that poster never tried. The last issue they had a problem with was others not recognising a short video clip as ‘homophobia’. The clip was about a group of lgbt supporters dancing in front of a handful of elderly protestors at a massive LGBT parade. The actions of that group of dancers who were also blowing kisses and giving the finger mirror that of ancapaill very well, they want to quell any dissent whatsoever. Even a handful of elderly protestors with signs at a parade that were excluded by a metal fence was too much at a parade of thousands with flags everywhere and music booming. They had to have feck you shouted at them while dancing in front of them, it’s the only way to deal with hateful bigots.

This is written by someone who in their last post here called another poster ‘Hateful piece of human waste’ (refuse and waste seem to be among their favourites) and ‘bloated parasite’(fat shaming?) I remember because I wrote a complaint report about it, one of only 3-4 times I ever complained about any post here. Don’t be a dick and don’t insult others and don’t make mass generalisations about people, yet this poster broke all of those rules regularly. That’s why boards has gone to the dogs. They hate when these topics are talked about because they are ‘culture war’ type topics. They are the ones pushing this culture war and want no dissent whatsoever. You will listen, you will obey and if not they’ll call you hateful and bigoted, while also insulting you. Rules for thee but not for me.

It’s such a regular occurrence on boards that it’s clear as day to any observer which way the mods are moderating. Their select few are allowed to insult others at will while anyone who challenges them is quickly sent to the kerb. It’s ok though because their intentions are pure. Dig beneath the surface, destruct their argument or ask them for examples and they’ll start calling you names from their high horse.
This strategy used to work so well, people took all this in at face value, but not anymore; you can only cry wolf so many times.
You've piqued my curiosity, can you link to that thread on boards?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

schmittel wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:35 pm You've piqued my curiosity, can you link to that thread on boards?
/r/Ireland in ah
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Seen as I write regularly about covid vaccines and transgender ideology - two of the biggest issues of our current time - I guess I am among the toxic incels who are referenced. Which is kinda weird because I get on great with lots of people in real life, and I have sex regularly. Unless toxic incel is code for far out and groovy...? 🙂 😊
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Oh, I see. The post was made by an actual toxic and involuntarily celibate person. The law of projection holds true. 👍
I gave the place a go. There are a few users from here who'd be decent enough but 99% of the place is toxic incels wailing about vaccines, immigration and, of course, transgender people. It's an utter cesspit and exactly what you'd expect of such cultural refuse.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Any chance of a link?

I am more than disgusted with those that came here from Boards and haven't the stamina to stay and make a go of it and crawl back there. Not a shred of integrity.
'no more blah blah blah'