Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
knownunknown

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by knownunknown »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:47 pm This video about the lifecycle of Doomers describes the lifecycle of many a boards.ie subscriber: I think Doomer 1 can still be savvy enough to join gubu and contribute to the community here, if they catch themselves in time

She’s pretty far along, could be phase 3 maybe already.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Did you have to search long to find such an unflattering photograph?

The world could do with a lot more like Greta Thunberg and a lot less ostriches.

'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:49 pm Did you have to search long to find such an unflattering photograph?

The world could do with a lot more like Greta Thunberg and a lot less ostriches.

That’s the image burned into my mind along with ‘how dare you’. She is undoubtedly a ‘doomer’ by the standards outlined in the video.

“ Our house is on fire. I am here to say, our house is on fire.”. Not her fault that she’s held up as some semi religious prophet but she could learn a thing or two about the boy who cried wolf!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

WokeHogan wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:59 pm Wow, "halfwits?" I respectfully disagree.

They definitely don't mince their words, which I admire. There are too many softy-softy ponces online these days.
Yeah - and read the AH thread about “be kind” - they both display that too, very ponce like
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:49 pm Yeah - and read the AH thread about “be kind” - they both display that too, very ponce like
A source of amusement one still haunts the corridors of that creature's inferiority complex. Nearly a year having jumped a listing ship destined towards oblivion, evidently a legacy of blunt candour scarred [faux pronouns] of a brittle inclination. And there is scant pity to be found alas towards an irredeemably obnoxious cretin. #getshafted

On the other hand, I convey warmth & geniality towards individuals possessed of broad emotional intelligence & integrity. Leggy & Diamonds fulfill that criteria more than others, a mutual understanding & empathy resonates. There are many unmentioned, gratifying admittedly to be name-checked from those I hold in some esteem. That said, the relaxed ambience here is a natural haven and even though I've largely withdrawn from social media there are fond memories retained of yore. Anything to repent? Absolutely nothing 8-)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Berties_Horse wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:18 am A source of amusement one still haunts the corridors of that creature's inferiority complex. Nearly a year having jumped a listing ship destined towards oblivion, evidently a legacy of blunt candour scarred [faux pronouns] of a brittle inclination. And there is scant pity to be found alas towards an irredeemably obnoxious cretin. #getshafted

On the other hand, I convey warmth & geniality towards individuals possessed of broad emotional intelligence & integrity. Leggy & Diamonds fulfill that criteria more than others, a mutual understanding & empathy resonates. There are many unmentioned, gratifying admittedly to be name-checked from those I hold in some esteem. That said, the relaxed ambience here is a natural haven and even though I've largely withdrawn from social media there are fond memories retained of yore. Anything to repent? Absolutely nothing 8-)
Well someone's eaten a thesaurus and is shitting it out rapidly. Thank feck for the ignore button.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Berties_Horse wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:18 am A source of amusement one still haunts the corridors of that creature's inferiority complex. Nearly a year having jumped a listing ship destined towards oblivion, evidently a legacy of blunt candour scarred [faux pronouns] of a brittle inclination. And there is scant pity to be found alas towards an irredeemably obnoxious cretin. #getshafted

Any chance of a short synopsis in plain English for us OAPs?
'no more blah blah blah'
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:46 am Any chance of a short synopsis in plain English for us OAPs?
Onwards and upwards.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
WokeHogan

Post by WokeHogan »

Jaysus that's very good. Is that from a film?

Post by 967543 »

Biggins wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:46 pm There were some very funny posters there.

JohnnyFlash (RIP) always gave me a good laugh.
JohnnyFlash is AbonableDrPhibes or something ...

Post by 967543 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:43 am I was ultimately banned for being anti-cycling and Beasty is so pro-cycling he makes Renko look like a diesel car enthusiast.

I reregged with permission (spoke to Niamh) and posted happily for a few years till running up against LLMMLL in the JK Rowling thread and objecting to her name calling - she gets away with fecking murder. Troll central.
of course LLMMLL gets away with anything
Last edited by Guburnor on Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you're referring to a particular poster, be nice!

Post by 967543 »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:49 am Can’t believe what I just read over there, truly a new low. The right ons posting mental health phone number line number in response to a valid, inoffensive observation and then justifying it by saying they want to help people. These same people that were so offended by talk of Biden’s cognitive abilities as to see the topic banned from discussion. The height of depravity and hypocrisy.
Yeah the Biden thread is an absolute JOKE.
You cannot even mention his OBVIOUS signs of mental degradation .. post will get deleted + a warning - maybe even banned, I don't go there anymore, just no point.

So it's just a big "Joe is doing a fantastic job .... isn't it great he doesn't tweet mean things .... " wankfest
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

That thread (now locked) on #Bekind was like a car crash...must...not...look...but...somehow...have...to

How do people have the time and energy to post in such a thread. The poster "klaz" seems to be decent and genuine but is long winded and it looks like others get a kick out of making him waste his time responding to their goading.

It reminds me of school or any other environment where there is non physical bullying. Goad, goad, goad and then if someone hits back verbally or physically, they're the bad guy.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

BrianD3 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:14 am That thread (now locked) on #Bekind was like a car crash...must...not...look...but...somehow...have...to

How do people have the time and energy to post in such a thread. The poster "klaz" seems to be decent and genuine but is long winded and it looks like others get a kick out of making him waste his time responding to their goading.

It reminds me of school or any other environment where there is non physical bullying. Goad, goad, goad and then if someone hits back verbally or physically, they're the bad guy.
I'll be forever fascinated about the way certain threads evolve. I need to be quite passionate about a topic before I will argue with another over their view. Mostly I tend to shrug my shoulders and say "well that's your opinion and so be it". Some of the posters on the 'kind' thread weren't able to move on from their disagreement and that's interesting to me.

As an aside I really like Klaz. His posts are long but he is one of the few long writers who I will read.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:11 am

As an aside I really like Klaz.

Agreed. An interesting informed experienced person.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:30 am Agreed. An interesting informed experienced person.
He’s interesting!!! OEJ I on tother hand …. Zzzzzz!!!!

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:27 pm He’s interesting!!! OEJ I on tother hand …. Zzzzzz!!!!
He always just ends up calling other people names saying that their motives are bad and he knows. He must be on drugs.
WokeHogan

Post by WokeHogan »

It was definitely a very entertaining read. Say what you like about that total bitch C_L_S but she really pulled it out of the bag when she showed all those racist posts klaz made in the past.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

WokeHogan wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:46 pm It was definitely a very entertaining read. Say what you like about that total bitch C_L_S but she really pulled it out of the bag when she showed all those racist posts klaz made in the past.
I’m sure you have an example ??

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

WokeHogan wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:46 pm It was definitely a very entertaining read. Say what you like about that total bitch C_L_S but she really pulled it out of the bag when she showed all those racist posts klaz made in the past.
I think C L S is a man..... although I am bad at this.
WokeHogan

Post by WokeHogan »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:00 pm I’m sure you have an example ??
Stuff about white erasure, white flight, hoping that Eastern European immigrants outbreed "other" immigrants. I didn't like how C_L_S carried him/her-self but those posts from K ring alarm bells for me.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119513015

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119513103

Post by 765489 »

Gonna start using this thread for posting random stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Post by 765489 »

Doppelganger of a famous UK politician. Anyone hazard a guess who I'm referring to?
60f1d0947b0ec5001800a872.jpeg
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

WokeHogan wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:16 pm Stuff about white erasure, white flight, hoping that Eastern European immigrants outbreed "other" immigrants. I didn't like how C_L_S carried him/her-self but those posts from K ring alarm bells for me.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119513015

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119513103
You seem intent on stirring up shit. For what it is worth I think he is not racist.

The comments are being taken completely out of context. For example before we all had to regard every Ukrainian as a living saint, it was completely valid to say there were big issues in that country re sex trafficking, surrogacy farming, right wing extremists etc. It's perfectly arguable that cultures from different parts of the world clash, and that problems arise. We have a very liberal secular and technologically advanced society in Europe which took a long time wading through our own dark ages to develop and some immigrants are coming from places that are riddled with misogyny, homophobia, and extremely backward attitudes, and this can and does cause societal problems. Some people come to Europe and their only experience of women is seeing them confined to village huts or the kitchen, or completely swathed and chaperoned if elsewhere. It's incomprehensible to some belief systems that women have independence and self determination.

Cultural relativism is for virtue signalling idiots . Not all cultures or belief systems or education systems or social mores are equal. Some are better than others, fairer, more equitable, safer and freer especially for women, gay people and minorities.

So if you want to drag people about opinions taken completely out of context of a much wider nuanced discussions and expressed elsewhere, maybe do so there, where people can defend themselves properly.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:31 pm Gonna start using this thread for posting random stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Possibly the least offensive thing ever posted on Twitter. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'