Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by 678904673 »

gugleguy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:25 pm I intentionally started a poo thread on boards.ie in AH, "Things that crap people brag about".
And it has thrived! Some of the longer term boardsies also posted in it. Great to see they're still around
The ogre mod must be off.
Had a search for it in AH but couldn't find it. I guess the Mods got you in the end

Post by 95438756 »

Yup. "The page you were looking for does not exist". I hurt someone's feelings again. Aww.

Post by 678904673 »

I see Ray Palmer (one of the truly great Boards Trolls) has started a gem of a thread. They'll be a few bans handed out here I suspect

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205826 ... f-view-but
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

^^ I see that lobotmised cretin GCI Livia has been posting utter disingenous drivel there ...
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:53 pm ^^ I see that lobotmised cretin GCI Livia has been posting utter disingenous drivel there ...
As is usually the case with him.

Post by 678904673 »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:53 pm ^^ I see that lobotmised cretin GCI Livia has been posting utter disingenous drivel there ...
One of the biggest Trolls on Boards. I'm baffled how they keep getting away with it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Boggles. Wanker extraordinaire
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

MOD NOTE: May I remind everybody that explicitly referring to usernames (unless it is a positive comment) just makes us all look a bit bitchy here.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:42 pm One of the biggest Trolls on Boards. I'm baffled how they keep getting away with it
It's the "right" side of trolling, see ...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Guburnor wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:04 pm MOD NOTE: May I remind everybody that explicitly referring to usernames (unless it is a positive comment) just makes us all look a bit bitchy here.
Fair point but wankers need calling out and their wanketry displaying - they’re slagging us there, and here tbh - is that sort who called me human refuse still a member ??
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:45 am It's the "right" side of trolling, see ...
Incidentally the right side of trolling is on the left :lol:
PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:44 am Fair point but wankers need calling out and their wanketry displaying - they’re slagging us there, and here tbh - is that sort who called me human refuse still a member ??
Long gone I agree they should be called ut for their shite but maybe this is better done by highlighting their behaviour rather than name calling. Like how the ‘awfulness of bekind social media mob’ got shut down by the woke posters bullying klaz. Terrible moderation that. It’s pretty clear when they’re happy for threads to get shutdown.
weldoninhio

Post by weldoninhio »

I see a few decent posters giving up on Boards today. Klaz and Wojtek the Bear. Both fed up with Beastys moderation.
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:37 pm Incidentally the right side of trolling is on the left :lol:

Long gone I agree they should be called ut for their shite but maybe this is better done by highlighting their behaviour rather than name calling. Like how the ‘awfulness of bekind social media mob’ got shut down by the woke posters bullying klaz. Terrible moderation that. It’s pretty clear when they’re happy for threads to get shutdown.
Certain "admins" conveniently "overlook" certain "posting" styles, "dude". An "abominable" bias, all credibility is "losty" and preferable to "livia" that site for "external" horizons as the "group" in question can freely "bendar" the rules.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Klaz' account is still visible so he might change his mind. He's a great poster so I hope he sticks around.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:16 pm Klaz' account is still visible so he might change his mind. He's a great poster so I hope he sticks around.
It takes 30 days to delete your account, you send an email and they agree to mash your info in 30 days
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

That's right. I'd forgotten it was different since the new platform.

Post by 95438756 »

TBF I never knew.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:16 pm Klaz' account is still visible so he might change his mind. He's a great poster so I hope he sticks around.
Indeed, Is he on here ?

This place will just grow and grow , I hope boards doubles down on their shite to be honest..
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:24 am Indeed, Is he on here ?

This place will just grow and grow , I hope boards doubles down on their shite to be honest..
I don't know that. He could be but under a different name. I'm not good at picking out who is who.

Unfortunately I feel that we may be alienating potential posters from coming here. It may seem a bit..... unfriendly given some of the strong opinions in this thread.

In saying that the beauty of GUBU is it's lack of censorship. There might be a balance needed though if we want to attract more users. I'm not sure. See I love a bit of chat about over yonder but at the same time I don't know if it's wise.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The hate speech and transgender thread there is a fcking joke!

A certain number of swords is mod and posting - literally to wind people up and is attacking the poster and taking part in pile ons (you can imagine the usual suspects - Boguls, Robert the thief, uhohnothotmail, emilyspiceland (names changed to protect the knobheads ….)

It’s ugly and brutal and typical of the woke hellhole Planks is now.

Post by 678904673 »

My two cents for what it worth is this. If your views chime with those of the mods you're given an awful lot of leeway. Although to be fair I have seen occasions when even some of our favorite Trolls have over stepped the mark and forced the Mods to step in. Not very often, mind you.

If you're views diverge from the Mods, you're generally not long for that thread. Also most of the Trolls mentioned brown nose the Mods something fierce. There is a certain poster who I'm convinced has their lips metaphorically sown to a prominent Mods backside.

All in all the net result is Boards is slowly becoming an echo chamber where dissent is not tolerated
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:09 pm The hate speech and transgender thread there is a fcking joke!

A certain number of swords is mod and posting - literally to wind people up and is attacking the poster and taking part in pile ons (you can imagine the usual suspects - Boguls, Robert the thief, uhohnothotmail, emilyspiceland (names changed to protect the knobheads ….)

It’s ugly and brutal and typical of the woke hellhole Planks is now.
What a thread, never has a thread attracted so many of the wokeratti that are so renowned for censoring others on that website. I’m glad that so many posters see through it and have made mention of it.

They’ll gaslight at every opportunity of course, but they must be foaming at the mouth at the prospect of censoring wider society. Blasphemy laws by another name, short sighted buffoons.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I did have a peek earlier, but I can hardly bear the aggravation of it, even as an outsider. It's just tension inducing. The sneering and smugness. It's horrible. Because I can't see how it could be legally made hate speech to say the factual truth that humans cannot change sex. We just can't. Identify however you want, live your life, but identification doesn't change actual facts. And the sooner someone takes a case to court, and gets that gender theory critical opinion protected in Ireland as it is in the UK, the better.

Though it's enjoyable to chat and interact with various different characters online, on the whole, and given a choice, I prefer a quieter place than an aggravating place lit by gas.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:37 pm I did have a peek earlier, but I can hardly bear the aggravation of it, even as an outsider. It's just tension inducing. The sneering and smugness. It's horrible. Because I can't see how it could be legally made hate speech to say the factual truth that humans cannot change sex. We just can't. Identify however you want, live your life, but identification doesn't change actual facts. And the sooner someone takes a case to court, and gets that gender theory critical opinion protected in Ireland as it is in the UK, the better.

Though it's enjoyable to chat and interact with various different characters online, on the whole, and given a choice, I prefer a quieter place than an aggravating place lit by gas.
1000 per cent spot on Ish!!!!

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

To add - as a woman to see a man calling one of us a “horrid pissed bint” for raising a potential safety issue as a man was in the ladies toilets - why do we bother ??