Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by JayZeus »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:38 pm Isn't that a bit extreme Jay? :|
Not really. I could have said I’d slit their throats with a planer knife, put them through the planer/thicknesser and then spread their shredded remains around a new willow copse on my land.

That would be extreme.

I guess some of the #bekind must have worked after all.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

gugleguy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:33 pm So I started another thread on planks about inconveniences on a bank holiday.
A poster, along the lines of 'the landmass op' said that they were inconvenienced by the fact that there were no post or delivery services in Ireland on bh Mondays.
No, Ireland hasn't become completely mini United States, but we're getting there.
Go my dose of today's schadenfreude anyway.
That guy lives in the sticks judging by his next comment.

No Amazon Prime vans for him.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Even the "Is selling on adverts.ie a joke?" is infected now.
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205757 ... oke#latest
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:06 pm New mods for AH I see.
A good test. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120206997

This is the first page mod instruction: “ We need to return to that tone and move away from the more serious discussion that honestly belongs in Current Affairs / IMHO”

Every time the topic of woke gets brought up in current affairs it gets closed as not a current affair.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058145402/woke-bs
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118716360
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120202286

More context, users tried to move the topic of woke to current affairs many times. “The last thing the CA forum needs is a catch all megathread of rants against marginalized sectors of society. The thread can either remain in AH in its lighthearted form or closed. It will not however, be moved to CA.”
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205817 ... ours-to-ca

I hope everyone can see the games these guys play. Constant bullshit to just get their way, censorship.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

I will be hosting 22 people in my newly refurbished second mansion in due course. I’m great.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

goodonya Jack - dat's exactly one hundred percent more generous than what a benevolent overlord elsewhere housed :lol:
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:33 am Even the "Is selling on adverts.ie a joke?" is infected now.
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205757 ... oke#latest
The irony of that user trying to take the moral high ground
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

JayZeus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:22 pm That's sounds like a mob that should be lined up, shot and covered with lime and dirt.

#gettof***
Shot with pellets of their own shite !!
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I had a read of AH just to see if there were any threads of fun or interest. Why can't threads be left alone over there? What is the harm of people discussing their dating escapades? It's such a shame that chat can't be let move and evolve without being locked and the contributors warned that previous posts may be sanctioned. Why does that statement even need to be made :(
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:32 pm I had a read of AH just to see if there were any threads of fun or interest. Why can't threads be left alone over there? What is the harm of people discussing their dating escapades? It's such a shame that chat can't be let move and evolve without being locked and the contributors warned that previous posts may be sanctioned. Why does that statement even need to be made :(
The moderator must have read your post here. Thread unlocked and mod warning changed, now it talks about how the thread has "evolved from the original topic".

Also, I see a certain Hill Street Blues character has been threadbanned from the adverts.ie thread. LOL.

Post by 678904673 »

So according to some of our friends over on the other site Ulysses should now come with a content warning. This madness needs to stop

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205810 ... -5741/p344
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Jesus !!!

Rose on Titanic not being about her gender ... sure, it would have worked just as well if it were some hairy bollocked nutcase in a skirt ..

Post by 95438756 »

NK media makes really the perfect candidate owner to run boards from all aspects. NJ media could make users like pirelli and ggi_barritone main moderators
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Check mate from Cdeb there. He’ll probably get banned along with Danno in due course for stating the obvious.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

That “woke” thread actually has a mod posting as a normal user and playing the man not the ball with personal insults - that place is fcked!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 678904673 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:10 pm That “woke” thread actually has a mod posting as a normal user and playing the man not the ball with personal insults - that place is fcked!!!
Noticed that as well. Not good form. Personally I think if you Mod a thread you should not actively post in it
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Happy Days wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:39 pm Noticed that as well. Not good form. Personally I think if you Mod a thread you should not actively post in it
I don’t mind that so much but the personal attacks are bang out of order.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Well they are certainly getting in to the swing of things.
I wonder are new mods encouraged by others to be active in their role? For example a cmod might say "ok make your presence known, if any reports come in you should look after them".
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:58 pm Well they are certainly getting in to the swing of things.
I wonder are new mods encouraged by others to be active in their role? For example a cmod might say "ok make your presence known, if any reports come in you should look after them".
I would dearly love to see if that Mod reprimanded himself for being a dick!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:10 pm That “woke” thread actually has a mod posting as a normal user and playing the man not the ball with personal insults - that place is fcked!!!
Could one expect any less. Apparently this user was upgraded to mod status recently, and "big swinging dick" syndrome took over. Alas, brought crashing down to earth by another mod versed in facts before emotions. What else to follow besides a Stalin reprise edition? Ban hammer ahoy me matey, eliminate opinions at odds with the sanctioned narrative. A site hemorrhaging posters at a rate of knots is guaranteed to sink under its own self-importance, the world's smallest violin will be dusted off before long.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Berties_Horse wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:23 pm ...the world's smallest violin will be dusted off before long.
No it won't. I have that particular instrument ready and waiting to shove sideways up a beastly mods anal orifice at that time.

We'll have to make do with the chorus of snickering from the cheap seats at the back to provide a soundtrack to the final curtain call.

This three act play is drawing to a close. The critics reviews will read as follows:

"A talentless performance of erstwhile crowd-pleasing clichés which couldn't be improved upon despite two recent rewrites. The 'new money' in the boxes were easily impressed and the venue staff lent their applause each night to keep the 'twilight of their career' performers enthused, but with fading attendance and the sharply focused stage lights showing the low quality set and thick make-up on stage, it's hardly a surprise that this community theatre production would never make it on Broadway.

2/10 - Comfortable seats for those who like watching trains crash."
NickNickleby
Verified Username

Post by NickNickleby »

JayZeus wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:34 pm No it won't. I have that particular instrument ready and waiting to shove sideways up a beastly mods anal orifice at that time.

We'll have to make do with the chorus of snickering from the cheap seats at the back to provide a soundtrack to the final curtain call.

This three act play is drawing to a close. The critics reviews will read as follows:

"A talentless performance of erstwhile crowd-pleasing clichés which couldn't be improved upon despite two recent rewrites. The 'new money' in the boxes were easily impressed and the venue staff lent their applause each night to keep the 'twilight of their career' performers enthused, but with fading attendance and the sharply focused stage lights showing the low quality set and thick make-up on stage, it's hardly a surprise that this community theatre production would never make it on Broadway.

I don't often read reviews, but I can safely say I've never read one as entertaining as this one. Nor as accurate. :lol:
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

JayZeus wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:34 pm No it won't. I have that particular instrument ready and waiting to shove sideways up a beastly mods anal orifice at that time.

Nail on head! Slapping my knee with laughter here.

Post by 4589236 »

Ok, so this is where the incredible writing has gone! Bertie and JaySeus should write a sitcom together. Sharp, pithy, not afraid to pull a punch if needed, don’t rely on wokeness or toilet humour.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I'm not well and having a shite few days and that made me smile so much - kudos gentlemen!!!!!