Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
knownunknown

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by knownunknown »

It’s clearly run by people more interested in ideology and censorship than making money or having a fun and vibrant community.

I remember hearing Paul Kenny was the daft representative for boards, is this not the same one who worked for Eamonn Ryan of the Green Party?
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:07 pm It’s clearly run by people more interested in ideology and censorship than making money or having a fun and vibrant community.

I remember hearing Paul Kenny was the daft representative for boards, is this not the same one who worked for Eamonn Ryan of the Green Party?
#howirelandworks
WokeHogan

Post by WokeHogan »

I really like the #bekind crowd. They're smart, they're funny, and they cut through the bullshít every single time. It's refreshing to see posters who are kind to the downtrodden and trodding on the privileged, scared, stale, pale, and middle aged males of Middle Ireland. People who stand up for the working class amongst us, not the privileged few who think that they're entitled to two sun holidays a year and four nights in the pub a week.

The truth is they're only not kind to the right-wing science denying, trans-hating bullies that are all over the other site. Without them, honestly, it would become a right-wing echo chamber. A "stormfront.ie" as one wag put it.

Post by 678904673 »

WokeHogan wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:11 pm I really like the #bekind crowd. They're smart, they're funny, and they cut through the bullshít every single time. It's refreshing to see posters who are kind to the downtrodden and trodding on the privileged, scared, stale, pale, and middle aged males of Middle Ireland. People who stand up for the working class amongst us, not the privileged few who think that they're entitled to two sun holidays a year and four nights in the pub a week.

The truth is they're only not kind to the right-wing science denying, trans-hating bullies that are all over the other site. Without them, honestly, it would become a right-wing echo chamber. A "stormfront.ie" as one wag put it.
Hi Emmet
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

WokeHogan wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:11 pm I really like the #bekind crowd. They're smart, they're funny, and they cut through the bullshít every single time. It's refreshing to see posters who are kind to the downtrodden and trodding on the privileged, scared, stale, pale, and middle aged males of Middle Ireland. People who stand up for the working class amongst us, not the privileged few who think that they're entitled to two sun holidays a year and four nights in the pub a week.

Comparing boards to stormfront is quite interesting and I think you may have hit the nail head there, Hogan. It already is a left wing version of stormfront. Just look at all the threads dedicated to hating on people such as Donald trump, Boris Johnson, jk Rowling, Gemma o Doherty, Enoch Burke, Kanye west, etc.. etc.. they’re not interested in topics but rather denigrating their enemies with insults and literally making things up. These are the most active threads, the hate ones.

Good comparison, well done.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Them fellows do plenty of reactionary counterpoints on nonsense populism

But stand up for the working class/ordinary person is one thing they don't do......barely hidden contempt is what they have the poor.....perceiving emselves as kind to downtrodden,while holding sneering contempt of travellers is a position that is fascinating from a neutral observer
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

"Ireland is full (of transphobic racists)"

#bekind

one poster's signature, that they/he/she/ze currently have for a few weeks now :D :o :shock:

that this sort of "hate speech" is allowed says everything a neutral observer needs to know about that site

NGOs are propping up that site - no bout a doubt it.... IMHO :roll:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120170282

reported that post yesterday - crickets. scumbag poster is allowed to say whatever he/ze/thee/she/zee likes
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:47 pm "Ireland is full (of transphobic racists)"

#bekind

one poster's signature, that they/he/she/ze currently have for a few weeks now :D :o :shock:

that this sort of "hate speech" is allowed says everything a neutral observer needs to know about that site

NGOs are propping up that site - no bout a doubt it.... IMHO :roll:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120170282

reported that post yesterday - crickets. scumbag poster is allowed to say whatever he/ze/thee/she/zee likes
That one is a very nasty individual. A bully who hides behind 'good' causes to lash out at others.

They wouldn't be so tough if they weren't hiding behind a username.
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Biggins wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:50 am They wouldn't be so tough if they weren't hiding behind a username.
Or under the ballsack of resident admin, "their" parlour game has been transparent for years. Swarm a thread "they" find objectionable, unleash a torrent of passive aggressive effluent and hammer the report button in a frenzied crywank. Tragic.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Berties_Horse wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:36 pm frenzied crywank.
I heard the term ‘cry bullying’ recently. It’s all about control and power with these people and it’s difficult for authorities to spot.

“ Although it is very hard for the school authorities to figure out what is happening when there is a ‘cry-bully’ involved – and so the parents will often feel furious by the lack of progress in dealing with the bullying – on the plus side, this type of bully is often easier to handle than other types. Often highly emotional, the ‘cry-bully’ is much more easily cowed by a show of strength than other bullying personalities; and if your child can either learn to stand up to them or else build up a network of upstanders who are willing to step up for them, the ‘cry-bully’ will very quickly retreat, ditch the bullying and try to gain control by identifying as a victim instead.”

https://www.mummypages.ie/how-to-deal-with-a-cry-bully
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Berties_Horse wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:36 pm Or under the ballsack of resident admin, "their" parlour game has been transparent for years. Swarm a thread "they" find objectionable, unleash a torrent of passive aggressive effluent and hammer the report button in a frenzied crywank. Tragic.
Effluent is the only word for it. Obsessed with their own rear ends.

They'll be found out soon enough. Lots of people are starting to wake up to the ruse over there. There won't be a sinner left posting on that barren wasteland the way things are going. This site on the other hand with its more common sense moderation will benefit from all those leaving in disgust.

Post by 678904673 »

Over the last couple of days on Boards there were a couple of threads, which have now been nuked, where a new poster was calling out one our #bekind friends. Now to be fair both were a bit nasty with each other. But surprise surprise when bans were handed out it was only applied to the new poster. There is something very rotten going on with the Admins on that site. Not all I should add. But a select few

Post by 4589236 »

Berties_Horse wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:25 pm The scutter junkies successfully engineer another thread closure, one humiliation too many. Tail wagging the dog, clickety click your subservient mod bolts it quick:
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205826 ... ead#latest
Haha, the scutter junkies. As a former moderator on Boreds I can say with some certainty that they aren’t all the one “poster”. I was told by another mod who claimed to know them that they are all former NUIG graduates who were indeed mates with the cliquey crew who once ran boards. All tedious running jokes, puerile lavatorial humour, and right-on “woke” centrist dad views. I was also told that at least one of them worked in RTE before moving to Noel Kelly “Talent” Agency. I can’t stand over that, but their boot licking of talentless no-marks like Turgidy and Clare Byrne would make sense then.

If you don’t sign up for the whole woke, #bekind, sneering pro-RTE, pro-FG, pro-Green, pro the status quo then they will literally shit all over you. Not a questioning thought or contrarian position on anything.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

You will have to post a photo with today's paper and proof of your mod credentials to be getting away with this kind of whistleblowing, Whistleblower.
😁

(Just kidding. Don't post your photo.)
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Optimus Whine

Post by Optimus Whine »

Not a frequent poster here, mainly a lurker, but I have long wondered how that poster has got away with it for so long. It's a fairly blatant case of multiple accounts and a lot of posting designed to rile people up, even down to the way the posts are "written".

I still use boards a bit. But the decline is undeniable at this point - it's not far off circling the drain.They couldn't have made a bigger mess of the migration if they tried. That's the root cause really IMO. I wouldn't put good money on it lasting long term and I say that as someone who has no real hate for the site.

Feels like an excercise in cutting costs and stopping putting resources into something that isn't worth it from a business perspective anymore.

Post by 4589236 »

isha wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:09 pm You will have to post a photo with today's paper and proof of your mod credentials to be getting away with this kind of whistleblowing, Whistleblower.
😁

(Just kidding. Don't post your photo.)
Low traffic regional forum. Mostly volunteered so I could read the reported posts and mod forums. ;)

Long since handed in my mod badge.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Jesus, just when you think it couldn't get any worse, it does.

I only post there rarely now anyway, and nothing about politics, just light stuff like sport, but even those threads are dying now, wtf happened the soccer forum ???
quodec

Post by quodec »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:12 am Jesus, just when you think it couldn't get any worse, it does.

I only post there rarely now anyway, and nothing about politics, just light stuff like sport, but even those threads are dying now, wtf happened the soccer forum ???
Well, the soccer thread is open to everyone here - and no one is posting in it, which is a pity!!

Post by 678904673 »

quodec wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:45 am Well, the soccer thread is open to everyone here - and no one is posting in it, which is a pity!!
The Sports threads here do seem to be a bit of a graveyard. I guess us Gubu folk just aren't the sporty type :D
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Happy Days wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:52 am The Sports threads here do seem to be a bit of a graveyard. I guess us Gubu folk just aren't the sporty type :D
Speak for yourself: viewtopic.php?p=15358#p15358 :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

This is a gem of a thread. One of the "#bekind" posters is saying that they are receiving bullying PM's from "re-reg" trolls and they want to be able to turn of PM's. Now I've no doubt that they have received these PM's but something tells me it's their associates sending them so they can play the victim card and avoid a thread ban. They've been sailing pretty close to the wind lately with some of their posts

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205828 ... pms#latest

Post by 4589236 »

I don’t think the admins (well, Beasty) and the mods have access to tools that help them sniff out re-regs. So it wouldn’t surprise me if some posters were creating accounts designed to push a certain untrue narrative. If you aren’t a complete thick then that should be as apparent as the nose on your face.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

So the powers that be have twisted the complaints of bad moderation somehow into lack of moderation and appointed two new mods.

They look like increased strangulation on an already choking forum but will be happy to be proven wrong. The woke are insidious.
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Two more prophets of the Woke religion!

It's probably easy to get appointed as a moderator over there. Just report other users ans lick up to Beasty and the crew.

Anyone here up to do a rim job for the greater good. Play the long game and become our man on the inside.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Ireland is full (of transphobic racists)

#bekind

:D :D :D :D !!!

An actual signature from a planks user .... jeesus, must be a troll ?