Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by 95438756 »

And now for the creme de la creme of a poo thread:
The OP explains why he doesn't like working class people
So far unmoderated, in AH.
The slide continues.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:06 pm And now for the creme de la creme of a poo thread:
The OP explains why he doesn't like working class people
So far unmoderated, in AH.
The slide continues.
That I can understand, surely mods can’t be active all the time. They have closed the thread now. What gets me is when they do look at something and decide it hasn’t broke the rules like when it’s one of their buddies. Four of the most active topics over there are about trump and the mods and regs, the right ons, are gleefully bragging that there’s no one left around to challenge them. They’re spreading fake memes(see below) and regaling in a story that even cnn said was a highly dubious and questionable raid.

The death of the place won’t be acting slowly, but acting improperly and with bias.

The fact checkers must have taken a day off. Snopes fact check rating: “unproven” ha! They describe unproven as “ This rating applies to a claim for which we have examined the available evidence but could not arrive at a true or false determination, meaning the evidence is inconclusive or self-contradictory.” I can tell you that in this instance unproven means lie. It’s quite easy and something snopes and the lot over on planks just can’t admit.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

As a matter of interest, what was Trump doing with boxes of paperwork from the White House - anybody? I have no particular axe to grind as I have no love for any American politician or party.
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:32 pm As a matter of interest, what was Trump doing with boxes of paperwork from the White House - anybody? I have no particular axe to grind as I have no love for any American politician or party.
Apparently they all have them, all former presidents. The national archives usually gets in touch and ask for some back, which happened back in February.

If there was anything truly important they wouldn’t have waited 2 years to get them.

Post by 95438756 »

The tagline for boards.ie could be changed from "now you're talking"
to
"Now you're raging"
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:43 am The tagline for boards.ie could be changed from "now you're talking"
to
"Now you're raging"
I've always thought it should be "it''s not what you know, it's who you know!"
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 95438756 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:25 am I've always thought it should be "it''s not what you know, it's who you know!"
Even Better.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

The only person attempting to raise actual points and debate in this thread was nuked as a troll and the outrage bots get to continue on for another day. Talk about terrible moderation, they have 3 threads in the go for Donald trump alone just in c/a yet you can’t talk about a hashtag trending. These people are more interested in controlling the discussion because they are activists. It’s becoming as bad as twitter.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205825 ... ling-point

Post by 95438756 »

For its size People's republic of cork is run far more effectively and with less human resources. Even if the community very particular about who they accept as subscribers.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

GUBU is getting some good mentions in the planks feedback 1.0 thread. 👍 well done gubunor
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:51 pm GUBU is getting some good mentions in the planks feedback 1.0 thread. 👍 well done gubunor
Looks like they removed the censorship too. Somebody managed to post the word gubu!

Post by 765489 »

They probably removed the censorship rule inadvertently with the last Vanilla patch update.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:47 pm They probably removed the censorship rule inadvertently with the last Vanilla patch update.
:D :lol: :P :lol: this one cracked me up thanks!
Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori »

I have not looked at boards in a long time now. Could someone get a rough % as to how much traffic and activity there has reduced?

Post by 95438756 »

Much more of a case of "US verses Them";
Fewer threads dominating discussion.
Forums in Recreation and Hobbies on "Life Support" for a long time now. Movie reviews have died a death. Drones forum - well, launched with great publicity, now an afterthought.
Cloths and Fashion faring a bit better but not much.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Memento Mori wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:27 am I have not looked at boards in a long time now. Could someone get a rough % as to how much traffic and activity there has reduced?
I was just checking an old thread and it’s insane the amount of people with closed accounts or with those prison bars. People that were valuable contributors that put effort and thought into their posts. Mostly the ones that remain seem to be the biggest outrage merchants.

Just as an example: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205800 ... ist-4-5-21
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

The Current affairs forum is overrun with several government defending bots who get away constant gaslighting by jumping in to try to steer conversations off down an off topic rabbit hole to try deflect and avoid dealing with the topic at hand. Anyone who's not in agreement with the government is then labelled a shinnerbot!

The last few days the topic of government was about minister Robert Troy and the properties just resting in his account, there were several posts about how the Ditch, the journalists who published the article aren't a reputable media, then there were posts that Twitter trending is not representative of the general public, when as we know Twitter has some bots....
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:31 pm The Current affairs forum is overrun with several government defending bots who get away constant gaslighting by jumping in to try to steer conversations off down an off topic rabbit hole to try deflect and avoid dealing with the topic at hand. Anyone who's not in agreement with the government is then labelled a shinnerbot!

The last few days the topic of government was about minister Robert Troy and the properties just resting in his account, there were several posts about how the Ditch, the journalists who published the article aren't a reputable media, then there were posts that Twitter trending is not representative of the general public, when as we know Twitter has some bots....
The same thing happens in the US and UK political threads. Mods serve at their will it seems. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119494178
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

knownunknown wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:22 pm The same thing happens in the US and UK political threads. Mods serve at their will it seems. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119494178
Such pathetically biased modding, letting, and even helping the trolls and wums dictate and drag the topic down blind alleys, every single time!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:50 pm Such pathetically biased modding, letting, and even helping the trolls and wums dictate and drag the topic down blind alleys, every single time!
Someone was banned for a week for that ???

Jesus that dump gets worse!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

It's now gone ridiculous in the Government thread, you can no longer discuss relevant govt topics like the housing crisis, they've banned all discussion of this in the thread, it's being shoehorned into it's own thread, the SF housing policy thread, to kill discussion
WokeHogan

Post by WokeHogan »

Johnny Von Pintland wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:39 am Really like that Abdominal Dr Phibes poster. Not afraid to challenge cosy consensus thinking, and he’s extremely witty. Has a lovely turn of phrase as well. Tier-1 poster.
Very funny poster. Some of the more "controversial" posters on that site are great; very funny and right 100% of the time.

EmmettSpiceland, Pintman Paddy Losty, Dr Phibes, CGI Livia Soprano. All absolutely fantastic posters.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

WokeHogan wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:22 pm Very funny poster. Some of the more "controversial" posters on that site are great; very funny and right 100% of the time.

EmmettSpiceland, Pintman Paddy Losty, Dr Phibes, CGI Livia Soprano. All absolutely fantastic posters.
You must be on a wind up - the first and last are dire, unfunny halfwits.

WokeHogan

Post by WokeHogan »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:23 pm You must be on a wind up - the first and last are dire, unfunny halfwits.
Wow, "halfwits?" I respectfully disagree.

They definitely don't mince their words, which I admire. There are too many softy-softy ponces online these days.

Post by 95438756 »

This video about the lifecycle of Doomers describes the lifecycle of many a boards.ie subscriber: I think Doomer 1 can still be savvy enough to join gubu and contribute to the community here, if they catch themselves in time