Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Johnny Von Pintland

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by Johnny Von Pintland »

Aongus Von Bismarck

Post by 95438756 »

_Kaiser_

NIMAN
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:18 pm _Kaiser_

NIMAN
I sort of know Kaiser from somewhere else. He's a good lad.
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Johnny Von Pintland wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:09 pm Aongus Von Bismarck
Anus von skidmark was a lame trope borne out of an intellectually challenged mind.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

Post by 765489 »

One poster I haven't seen posting on boards since the changeover is gozunda.

Also remember Oldtree, used to be a very knowledgeable lad on everything to do with trees.

Srareem was a great poster. I thought he registered here as Plover when this site started. Very knowledgeable poster on birds ( the feathered variety )
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:22 pm One poster I haven't seen posting on boards since the changeover is gozunda.

Also remember Oldtree, used to be a very knowledgeable lad on everything to do with trees.

Srareem was a great poster. I thought he registered here as Plover when this site started. Very knowledgeable poster on birds ( the feathered variety )
Srameen seemed knowledgable on birds and wildlife but was a massive troll/Walter Mitty in his many posts where he boasted about his pension and finances.. Couldn't get his story straight, wild variations in the boasts.

I think he has reregged as Jim Hodge but not sure about that.
Last edited by BrianD3 on Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 765489 »

BrianD3 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:18 pm Srammen seemed knowledgable on birds and wildlife but was a massive troll/Walter Mitty in his many posts where he boasted about his pension and finances.. Couldn't get his story straight, wild variations in the boasts.

I think he has reregged as Jim Hodge but not sure about that.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that Brian, I used to only see him in the nature forum.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Celchick wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:38 pm ElectroBitch and Candie. Regularly disagreed with EB but an excellent poster. Horribly treated so she closed her account.
I think she doxxed another user and was banned for it. I can't remember the details but I do remember thinking the ban was warranted and being in the minority for it.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Celchick wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:15 am Oh she definitely misbehaved and deserved a slap on the wrist - I remember seeing what she posted, and thinking "jaysus, you can't say that!" but it wasn't really doxxing because it didn't identify the individual to those who didn't know who she was. She mentioned that person's first name without quoting them, and a few posts after they posted, so only those who knew the individual's first name already would know who she was referring to. And that individual had identified themselves online beforehand.

I don't think she deserved a month's ban, and when she questioned how it was doxxing, Boards got so snarky with her and just doubled down, so she left.
Yes that was it Celchick. I remember her prison thread. Different boards users handle cards and bans in their own way. I find its an interesting aspect of the online world. All those posters claiming the troll was a housemate or sibling, the rage quitters, the 'its not me it's you' crowd and on it goes. It's not nice to feel you've been treated unfairly or that if you were a different poster bans and whatever wouldn't happen. It's important to make a stand for yourself.

Post by 95438756 »

Czarcasm Snarky didn’t overdo it generally but entertaining.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:31 am Yes that was it Celchick. I remember her prison thread. Different boards users handle cards and bans in their own way. I find its an interesting aspect of the online world. All those posters claiming the troll was a housemate or sibling, the rage quitters, the 'its not me it's you' crowd and on it goes. It's not nice to feel you've been treated unfairly or that if you were a different poster bans and whatever wouldn't happen. It's important to make a stand for yourself.
I was ultimately banned for being anti-cycling and Beasty is so pro-cycling he makes Renko look like a diesel car enthusiast.

I reregged with permission (spoke to Niamh) and posted happily for a few years till running up against LLMMLL in the JK Rowling thread and objecting to her name calling - she gets away with fecking murder. Troll central.
Last edited by Guburnor on Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you're referring to a particular poster, be nice!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:43 am I was ultimately banned for being anti-cycling and Beasty is so pro-cycling he makes Renko look like a diesel car enthusiast.

I reregged with permission (spoke to Niamh) and posted happily for a few years till running up against LLMMLL in the JK Rowling thread and objecting to her name calling - she gets away with fecking murder. Troll central.
I thought LL was a man...I'm bad at spotting who is who and what's what over there.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

I also thought Dorothy Lives was a woman.... just because of their name. And as for Walter Mitties and re-regs..forget about it 😬
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

A couple of other nice oul skins include klaz, bb12, Leg End Reject and Danzy.
Everyone is very different - I did not feel a grá for Seamus at all :P Feck me he irritates the shyte out of me. I often felt like giving him a kick in the hole if I ever met him! But only after I'd worn meself out kicking Boggles in the arse. 8-)
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

isha wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:34 pm A couple of other nice oul skins include klaz, bb12, Leg End Reject and Danzy.
Everyone is very different - I did not feel a grá for Seamus at all :P Feck me he irritates the shyte out of me. I often felt like giving him a kick in the hole if I ever met him! But only after I'd worn meself out kicking Boggles in the arse. 8-)
Well this is it. It's the same as 'real life' we won't connect with all of the people all of the time. Shure even you and me Isha, no doubt we annoy some as incomprehensible as that seems 😆
I must admit though to scratching my head at the fawning that goes on over a few.

Post by 95438756 »

Passed away tragically - fell into canal and drowned while drunk: Pygmalion a boards classic early on.
Great wit and nuance.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Celchick wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:46 pm Pretty sure LL is a man all right.

I think Boggles has become more reasonable. Ditto PJohnson.

Seamus - a good writer but can be insufferably condescending. Gets away with trollish behaviour because of who he is. One of the most frustrating Boardsisms.
I recognise the names Boggles and PJohnson but can't recall how or what they post. Sometimes during a discussion it can feel like all the people blend in to one and I can't form any sort of an opinion on them. Maybe I would need to interact more with them.

I would put Neyite in my Hall of Fame, an insightful and considerate poster I think.

Post by 95438756 »

January: another thoughtful mod
Black Swan has mod status but is much more of a dark horse and only inhabits the nocturnal forums
Fr Tod Umptious is a snarky character
Brid Hegarty , what can I say? All morality from Ireland's Own

Post by 95438756 »

iamstop: keeps puzzles and games alive.
Shesty: still a mod lot quieter now.
Muffler: quiet mod too
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:28 am iamstop: keeps puzzles and games alive.
Shesty: still a mod lot quieter now.
Muffler: quiet mod too
Ah yes, Muffler - quiet is spot on! He happily presides over the Regional: North West forums which are in terminal decline and he doesn't like anybody disturbing the peace and quiet, and the sound of tumbleweed. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Must admit that I have not heard of most of these, I mostly remember those with whom I wrestle. And even them I forget pretty fast due to hormones 😂 But if Muffler is as you say, then I'm calling nominative determinism ( words I learned yesterday on gubu).
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 95438756 »

SeniorFancypants - irreverent and liberal
Pope Palpatine - liberal but still egalitarian in terms of justice
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

L1011 - has had several usernames and as a poster always had to have the last word, since becoming a Mod on the Commuting Forum nothing has changed.
SPOILER:
An insufferable prick
but the fount of all wisdom - in his own mind. While my account is mark closed on Boards I have been unable to actually close it due to my sign-up email having disappeared years ago but I am severely tempted to go out in a blaze of glory with an attack on L1011 and get site banned. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Del.Monte on Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'no more blah blah blah'
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

MOD NOTE: I think it's fair to say posters enjoying discussing what they make of boards, but if you are discussing specific posters or mods, please remember that if you are not saying something positive, don't refer to them by username.

I know that takes some of the fun out of it, but it looks rather churlish and bitchy to be honest.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

I just had a thought! What if one of our positive entries (of course 😁) was Guburnor!! 😄