Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by Del.Monte »

Post is gone - what were they saying?
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Referring to Gubu as an anti Boards "hate site"
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:40 pm Referring to Gubu as an anti Boards "hate site"
Some posters here do harp on about Boards too much - best to ignore the place.
'no more blah blah blah'
KHD

Post by KHD »

Probably talking about you Del :mrgreen:

"No doubt, QD. But it looks like this, particular, review page has been “taken over” by disgruntled, former, users.

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s the same ones who set up that anti-boards “hate site”. Some of them still use this site as well, bizarrely enough."
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Post by 95438756 »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:40 pm Referring to Gubu as an anti Boards "hate site"
So Gubu's a flame site now. I imagine other us like nicholas cage as hellraiser on his motorbike.
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Lol, that user has no life whatsoever.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

OEJ needs a hobby seriously - what a load of old shyte it posts, reams and reams of crap!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 95438756 »

All gubornites know about 'Which' magazine, right?
Well over on planks.ie in the controversial opinions , a moderator named along the lines of 'cosmictweag' quoted my post and asked me what was Which magazine and that many boardsies wouldn't know what I'm on about. Which magazine is available to see in some large Dublin libraries
I'm not answering them
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:14 pm All gubornites know about 'Which' magazine, right?
Well over on planks.ie in the controversial opinions , a moderator named along the lines of 'cosmictweag' quoted my post and asked me what was Which magazine and that many boardsies wouldn't know what I'm on about. Which magazine is available to see in some large Dublin libraries
I'm not answering them
They are clearly thick - everyone has heard of it!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

For anyone needing proof of how the mods only act on reports and not read the threads you only need look to the recently resurfaced “Gemma is a c*nt’ thread where you can spew as much vile shite at a woman as you want, similar to what the gamers were accused of during gamergate. You can accuse her of causing a Garda to kill himself(despite a mod warning) and you can post despite being threadbanned.

The local woke mob don’t report on each other. They’re all happy to break the rules when it suits them flaming hypocrites.

“ She seems to be pro slavery now too.”

“ Her and her supporters harassed him so much he ended his own life.”

“ The issue is that a man is dead after being harassed literally to death by far right scum. You know this full well.”

“ The tragic death of the Garda is completely off topic. Anyone even mentioning it will be subject to a minimum threadban”
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

SURELY not ??? Planks hypocrisy???

Well I never!!!

/sarcasm

KHD

Post by KHD »

When I visit planks and browse current affairs, this is all I visualise when I read the threads.
there_can_be_only_one_funny_fight_meme_by_elizabethjones18_ddlkn7i-350t.jpg
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I check Boards first thing most days - I'm still registered but never post. Well before the "great migration" I had removed myself from the Enniscorthy thread which was by far and away the busiest on the Wexford forum and told them what would happen to it. Seems I was correct - not even a single post in December. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Does rte fund boards?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:11 pm Does rte fund boards?
Someone must else that pox in charge wouldn’t be so fcking cocky!!

Jack The Stripper

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:28 am Someone must else that pox in charge wouldn’t be so fcking cocky!!
He will be ceo of Twitter in 12 months.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205827 ... ety#latest

incredible, an actual interesting story but it goes against some people's narrative so he just closes it ...

He really is some piece of work.
Jack The Stripper

Is there more than one person running that account as the sabre rattling can be at day and night?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:23 pm https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205827 ... ety#latest

incredible, an actual interesting story but it goes against some people's narrative so he just closes it ...

He really is some piece of work.
It’s how the fact checkers get away with their bias. They hand wave away the science when it suits because it’s being framed by an evil person not to listen to and give a free pass to claims that support their position. If ‘that nurse’ was so incorrect it would be easy to argue against the points raised rather then going straight to attacking his character.

Maybe his nurses comment is bordering on hate speech come to think of it, surely it’s derogatory towards nurses. They are highly skilled, knowledgeable people that work long hours. He must hate them or something.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I don't see Klaz post anymore I wonder did he manage to get his account closed. Kaiser has been quiet as well.
Taxahcruel has closed his. I think. There's a load of deleted accounts but I can't figure out who they all belonged to.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:04 pm Is there more than one person running that account as the sabre rattling can be at day and night?
I wonder is that why there is only one active admin? They are posting under the 'Beasty' account :|

Post by 95438756 »

In any case boards seems to be dealing with posters and threads in the same manner RTE is handling the "Late late Toy show musical" trainwreck
KHD

Post by KHD »

Often wondered if sometimes the reason this site hasn't grown quickly is to do with the fact that if you look on boards, there are thousands of users and usually you can find a tribe or gang or group of idiots to belong to with regards your views on various topics. Whereas here, we are a fairly small number of independently minded people who have differing views on most things, and you need to be comfortable in your own skin to post your views on things and the majority of users of boards are not in that way wired. If boards was to go offline tomorrow, most of the users in my view wouldn't touch this site unless there was a Helmut head type authoritarian figure to keep everyone safe from opinions and viewpoints that would otherwise either frighten, cannot comprehend or grate on people's train of thought. Boards to me is one of these "safe spaces" which has a shield in the likes of Helmut head keeping everyone safe from views they haven't the thought process to comprehend or simply ignore if they don't agree with.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:40 pm It’s how the fact checkers get away with their bias. They hand wave away the science when it suits because it’s being framed by an evil person not to listen to and give a free pass to claims that support their position. If ‘that nurse’ was so incorrect it would be easy to argue against the points raised rather then going straight to attacking his character.

Maybe his nurses comment is bordering on hate speech come to think of it, surely it’s derogatory towards nurses. They are highly skilled, knowledgeable people that work long hours. He must hate them or something.
Dismissing John Campbell as a "nurse" (so he can be bigoted when it suits him...)
Let's not forget John has a PhD and teaches med students anatomy and physiology - not to mention he has been spot on since the start of the pandemic!

And all the lockdown larrys and mask marys f*cking loved the guy back in march 2020 when he was pro lockdown/mask ... but as the data comes out and the landscape changes so does his position.

And the zealots can't stand it, they want everyone to have an opinion like it's March 2020 ... sick sick fux...

That;s what I like about John - he has so side, no agenda, He follows the data - like a true scientist.
These are the scientists the world needs now, Scientists NOT followers of the cult of Scientism!!!