Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Everyday things that you would like to see banned.

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Hairy-Joe

Re: Everyday things that you would like to see banned.

Post by Hairy-Joe »

My list is random, weird and beyond explanation....
  • Mushrooms
  • No lights on bikes
  • The ability for political parties to make announcements and positions that have zero basis in fact
  • Social media for everyone under 18
  • Facebook and Instagram
  • The phrase "going forward"
  • Driving slower than 20kph lower than the posted speed limits (see ranting thread)
  • The phrase "fast lane"
  • Front Foglights
  • Potato Waffles
  • Pineapple on pizza
I better shut up now
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Agree with everything except mushrooms - yummy!
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:49 pm Agree with everything except mushrooms - yummy!
Oh God NO!

Even the smell of them fried makes me gag!
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Mushrooms. +1

Potato waffles are bloody marvellous with baked beans and black pepper.

I’d ban lycra wear for those pudgy gits on racing bicycles. Get a grip you eejits.

Hipster haircuts

Baggy jeans

Hand saws with induction hardened teeth

Flavoured poser coffees

Chinese made pencils

Single ply toilet paper

Berry-scented everything

Fast food home delivery (walk you lazy get - you probably need the exercise more than you need the greasy calories!)

Palm oil in all food products

Donuts

American style pancakes. Jesus wept.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Love Island, 90 Day Fiance, Married at First Sight - all them bollocks "relationship shows"
People who use the word "cis" outside of its correct Chemistry setting.
Morons who cycle on the pavement as they think it means they can skip the red light - looking at you pricks on Dame Street!
Spiders - no fecking need for the bastards!
The "EDI" unit in work - ceased to promote equality years ago; think diversity is a good thing (just means we hired a load of idiots!) and only inclusive if you drink the TENI koolaid.
Women going giddy just because they have a boyfriend - and those who drop friends when they get one, top of the list.

I've a load more - am in a mood today!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Spiders can NOT be banned. I have recruited a live-in army of them and they deal with the flies. Which would you prefer? Spiders or flies? I know which I prefer. No flies buzzing while I'm eating my pizza absolutely LOADED with mushrooms and pineapple- YUM!
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:28 am
People who use the word "cis" outside of its correct Chemistry setting.
Oh forgot that. Wait until they hear that the other orientation in stereochemistry is "trans". I'd love to see their head explode!
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

isha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:53 am No flies buzzing while I'm eating my pizza absolutely LOADED with mushrooms and pineapple- YUM!
Oh you're beyond saving with a pizza like that! The only solution for that sort of pizza is 10 tonnes of explosives
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:10 am Oh forgot that. Wait until they hear that the other orientation in stereochemistry is "trans". I'd love to see their head explode!
Oh the idea of anything binary melts their little brains lol!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:12 am Oh you're beyond saving with a pizza like that! The only solution for that sort of pizza is 10 tonnes of explosives
I'm with you - pineapple on pizza is an abomination!!

It was my dad's favourite, the old Hawaiian, best daughter awards should be mine in abundance for cooking them!!

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:53 am Spiders can NOT be banned. I have recruited a live-in army of them and they deal with the flies. Which would you prefer? Spiders or flies? I know which I prefer. No flies buzzing while I'm eating my pizza absolutely LOADED with mushrooms and pineapple- YUM!
Then we dont ban em but you keep the horrible things away from me lol!!!

Post by 765489 »

I'm craving waffles now after reading it twice in this thread. Waffles with melted cheese and three fried eggs with loads of salt and pepper. Looking at my miserable ham and cheese sandwiches here 😞

I used to love mushrooms but I remember watching the tales of the golden monkey on telly when I was younger and there was a scene in it that strangely put me off mushrooms for life.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Spiders stay, but leeches go..okay? Leeches! What disgusting twisted part of the grand evolutionary mind thought, oh guess what, leeches would be great. :cry:

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:13 pm Spiders stay, but leeches go..okay? Leeches! What disgusting twisted part of the grand evolutionary mind thought, oh guess what, leeches would be great. :cry:

I like to think God's a drinker and when He's sober we get mountains and waterfalls and dogs - when he's moody and hungover we get leeches and bugs and women who apply nail polish on trains!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:44 pm I like to think God's a drinker and when He's sober we get mountains and waterfalls and dogs - when he's moody and hungover we get leeches and bugs and women who apply nail polish on trains!
Haha :mrgreen:
That reminds me of another thing I want immediately banned. People who nip off the train at stops and desperately suck in a quick cigarette, like a black hole consumes dying suns, and then they get back in beside you in the packed carriage, all delighted with themselves, and you have to sit for who knows how long smothered in their hellish exhalations. They should not only be banned but also shot into space if they are drinking cans of beer at the same time. Thankfully I have not been on an Irish train in awhile.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:51 pm Haha :mrgreen:
That reminds me of another thing I want immediately banned. People who nip off the train at stops and desperately suck in a quick cigarette, like a black hole consumes dying suns, and then they get back in beside you in the packed carriage, all delighted with themselves, and you have to sit for who knows how long smothered in their hellish exhalations. They should not only be banned but also shot into space if they are drinking cans of beer at the same time. Thankfully I have not been on an Irish train in awhile.
Hmmmm! :(
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:57 pmHmmmm! :(
Wat?!
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:59 pmWat?!
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:51 pm Haha :mrgreen:
I thought I'd like to see the alcohol ban on Irish Rail banned but tbh it's fun to see how many others like me are sneaking on with "coffee"!!

I've never smoked btw - agreed them people should be dragged behind the train!!

Post by 765489 »

The Ireland's Edge unexpectedly refreshing TV ad. F off with your fake hipster sh1te.

Post by 765489 »

Them cheap medium sized oranges with the skin so thin you cannot peel easily and when you do manage to take off all the skin are sour and full of pips. My oul fella is always buying them and I'm always thinking - this time it will be different. It never is. :evil:
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm going to say this as someone who enjoys a spin on a bike (and makes an elephant look as slim as a gazelle) but I'd love to ban lycra, specifically overweight men in lycra. I use mountain bike cycling clothes as a) it's not lycra and b) it's not lycra (it is loose and proper cycling stuff)

I did the Limerick Greenway and I almost threw up twice at the sight of some. I could count the folds of fat......
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Just one for tonight:

Toxic Positivity.

Instawhoring, 2facedbook, etc. Sick of people living in their lies and giving other people in the same situation more motivation to keep up a snowballing collective pretense.

Toxic Positivity. Go ask me bollix. Everyone knows ye’re as worried and stressed, lonely and disconnected, or whatever, as the rest of us. Leave the fake happy crap out. Be content if you are, but keep your toxic positivity the feck away from me.

If you’re happy, tell someone you care about or thank the one who brought you joy, directly, in person or on the phone. Otherwise stick your fake happy crap up your arse. Nobody believes it anyway.

Post by 95438756 »

All Kinder Surprise toys.

Cheap Ass Flying Drones as sold by Euro Giant stores: the staff who sold the one I bought madeca point of scratching out her name on the receipt. In 2016.

Conferences in Ireland which charge 500 euro for a basic ticket. You have to be a gullible mug to buy a ticket as a stranger from a gang like that. The Irish Government will happily give it's stamp of approval to the organisers though.