Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Post what's on your mind

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
PogMoThoin22

Re: Post what's on your mind

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

I get full EVs, for people who can charge for free at work. What I do not get is hybrids where any savings in fuel are used up lugging around a heavy battery. You can call them green but please don't call them efficient or affordable to run
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

On the subject of cars, I think some of ye might have had a coronary if ye had seen the amount of moss and algae I hand washed off my car yesterday.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It was a very green car.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:49 pm On the subject of cars, I think some of ye might have had a coronary if ye had seen the amount of moss and algae I hand washed off my car yesterday.
Kadman, yes, no doubt about it; me ... moss and algae - is that all? :mrgreen:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

CelticRambler wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:23 pm Kadman, yes, no doubt about it; me ... moss and algae - is that all? :mrgreen:
I haven't gotten to the cobwebs inside yet :mrgreen:
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Chasing rust in the sills of an old-ish Volkswagen Golf is a total ball-ache. A boomerang problem. You know it’ll come back.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

JayZeus wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:16 pm Chasing rust in the sills of an old-ish Volkswagen Golf is a total ball-ache. A boomerang problem. You know it’ll come back.
Ye young fellas dont know what rust is. Until you get to fix the likes of this. ;)

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I was in the shops today and decided to try on a pair of Skims. For those (all of you :lol: ) who don't know that that is they are an underwear/shape wear/lounge wear brand. In I went to the changing room armed with two bodysuit yokes for a "smooth" finish. How do women wear such things? Sweaty tight yuckiness. Little buttons in the crotch area which sort of sag. Vomit.

I shall stick to a decent pair of tights and non ridiculous dresses.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Here's a nice surprise, for me anyway. For years and years I have dutifully made sure enough money has been in the bank to pay the weekly standing order to the credit union for the loan which has swelled and decreased variously for decades. I don't keep an eye on the loan and only see the balance one time per year when they send me out a statement. So unbeknownst to me self I paid off the loan and became a swanky saver three weeks ago. 🤑💰👛💸This has given me a real thrill!