Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Post what's on your mind

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
DeletedUser

Re: Post what's on your mind

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:50 am All around to K's for some weed :D

I was going to type "..his seed" but that would be weird :mrgreen:
Tea spat at laptop moment there Diamonds!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

KHD wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:29 pm I hope your not out shopping for munchies and snacks D, there's no way you'd smoke this stuff for a laugh unfortunately.
Isha'll be along in a minute to say: "well acshully, if you shove a handful into your armpit ... :mrgreen:
KHD

Post by KHD »

CelticRambler wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:34 pm Isha'll be along in a minute to say: "well acshully, if you shove a handful into your armpit ... :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

More likely you'd break out in an itchy rash as its a seed you should always wear gloves when handling. When are you sowing the hemp CR ? I'm sure France has more of a real world legislation on the subject. Think of all the rope you could make.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:50 am All around to K's for some weed :D
At least we now know who the Gubu stoner is. :mrgreen:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

KHD wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:41 pmWhen are you sowing the hemp CR ? I'm sure France has more of a real world legislation on the subject. Think of all the rope you could make.
Yeah ... might put that on hold for a while. The farmers of my neighbouring département (La Creuse) took the lead on the back of government promises a few years ago, only quelle suprise, they found that you can't trust politicians of any colour to keep their promises, and now they have fields of hemp with no local market for the end product. :(

I'll stick to thinking about growing mushrooms (of the non-magical variety).
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

KHD wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:49 pm At least we now know who the Gubu stoner is. :mrgreen:
:lol:

I've had my moments K. I used to like a joint back in the day but it lost its appeal which I partly blame on my last few times being very meh. It's just not something I'd be bothered with now.

Some of the memories though. Sitting in a field in Leitrim which was a person's back garden watching a projector film with amazing people. and an ex. Eating a loaf of toast with my best friend and her now ex laughing at us being eejits. Standing outside Frank Ryan's and thinking that what I just smoked must be like how heroin feels and the bizarre immediate connection with a woman I had never met before.

They aren't wow things to happen but I remember the feelings so well and they were big at the time.
I don't want to go back because the feelings were too big and I'm old now :P
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:30 pm :lol:

I've had my moments K. I used to like a joint back in the day but it lost its appeal which I partly blame on my last few times being very meh. It's just not something I'd be bothered with now.

Some of the memories though. Sitting in a field in Leitrim which was a person's back garden watching a projector film with amazing people. and an ex. Eating a loaf of toast with my best friend and her now ex laughing at us being eejits. Standing outside Frank Ryan's and thinking that what I just smoked must be like how heroin feels and the bizarre immediate connection with a woman I had never met before.

They aren't wow things to happen but I remember the feelings so well and they were big at the time.
I don't want to go back because the feelings were too big and I'm old now :P
I smoked quite a bit of weed in my day, including a couple of years smoking with sadhus in India, but i stopped about 20 years ago. Always loved it until suddenly I really didn't. It just stopped working well for me
My intention is to get back to it if I live to be old. One of my good friends is a real stoner in her late 70s. She has a great vibe. Hopefully it will suit me then. Because I do remember fondly how awesome and connected and mysterious and meaningful and beautiful everything seemed when I smoked by a fire outside. It just doesn't suit me now, I've a lot of things I want to do.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

There seems to be a lot of 'oldies' on here - we need to entice Grace from Planks - she is fairly ancient and would be a comfy fit on GUBU. She's the one living on an island off the west coast.
'no more blah blah blah'
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:57 pm There seems to be a lot of 'oldies' on here - we need to entice Grace from Planks - she is fairly ancient and would be a comfy fit on GUBU. She's the one living on an island off the west coast.
Sweet Jesus no :?
KHD

Post by KHD »

Even the naming this poster sends shivers down my spine.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KHD wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:55 am Even the naming this poster sends shivers down my spine.
Seconded!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

KHD wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:55 am Even the naming this poster sends shivers down my spine.
Do tell, I found her posts quite interesting.
'no more blah blah blah'
KHD

Post by KHD »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:20 am Do tell, I found her posts quite interesting.
I don't know her and if she's genuine well and good but I always had this sneaking suspicion that she is a troll :mrgreen:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KHD wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:25 am I don't know her and if she's genuine well and good but I always had this sneaking suspicion that she is a troll :mrgreen:
Oh a total wind up merchant - I've a relative lives off the coast of Cape Clear and the bollocks she peddles about getting one delivery a week if you're lucky ? Bollocks.

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:52 am Oh a total wind up merchant - I've a relative lives off the coast of Cape Clear and the bollocks she peddles about getting one delivery a week if you're lucky ? Bollocks.
She is genuine alright PS. I know of some boards people who helped her in various ways in the past. A retired nun I believe.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:33 pm She is genuine alright PS. I know of some boards people who helped her in various ways in the past. A retired nun I believe.
The nun thing I well believe!!!

marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I remember Grace, seemed to have a persecution complex if it's the same one. Not sure we'd have much in common but the more the merrier.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

How the feck can An Post take to deliver a parcel after paying the duty? I paid the duty on the 28 Dec and it's still not delivered. AnPost tracking says it will be delivered "shortly".
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:34 am How the feck can An Post take to deliver a parcel after paying the duty? I paid the duty on the 28 Dec and it's still not delivered. AnPost tracking says it will be delivered "shortly".
I can beat ya. I paid 24 quid duty on wool from the UK on the 27th of December and I still have not go it.
I wrote to An Post, who say ''This item seems to have been delayed in the Mail Centre since the charge has been paid. This delay occurred due to high mail volumes in our network at this time. Please keep an eye on the tracking system, and it should be delivered soon in the coming days. Please accept our apologies.''
I got that email on the 4th January and still no sign. The tracking results say the goods have not budged.
It's fairly archaic at this stage - and if they lose my lovely wool, they are in BIG big trouble. :evil:
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

I bought a new pc case from a supposedly good brand.
Hooked everything up and there's the smell of smoke.
A look in the case reveals a melted wire.
Now I'm going to return it and it's a pain.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

isha wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:58 am I can beat ya. I paid 24 quid duty on wool from the UK on the 27th of December and I still have not go it.
I wrote to An Post, who say ''This item seems to have been delayed in the Mail Centre since the charge has been paid. This delay occurred due to high mail volumes in our network at this time. Please keep an eye on the tracking system, and it should be delivered soon in the coming days. Please accept our apologies.''
I got that email on the 4th January and still no sign. The tracking results say the goods have not budged.
It's fairly archaic at this stage - and if they lose my lovely wool, they are in BIG big trouble. :evil:
Well, this is a Christmas gift that was ordered at the start of December.........

I'm already in trouble for the gift getting delayed.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Hairy-Joe wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:34 am How the feck can An Post take to deliver a parcel after paying the duty? I paid the duty on the 28 Dec and it's still not delivered. AnPost tracking says it will be delivered "shortly".
I got a letter that was sent without a stamp :?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I got me wool! Woohoo 🎉
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

isha wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:20 pm I got me wool! Woohoo 🎉
:D What are you planning to knit Isha?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:34 pm :D What are you planning to knit Isha?
I finished my lovely jumper and now my daughter wants one .. but the pattern she picked is a bit more difficult plus smaller needles and finer wool so there go my evenings for the next month!

I'm doing this one in blue and sea type colours
L38_12_Uppstytta2.jpg
L38_12_Uppstytta2.jpg (87.78 KiB) Viewed 738 times