Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Post what's on your mind

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
DeletedUser

Re: Post what's on your mind

Post by DeletedUser »

I have a bad back and hayfever - a painful combo!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

The madness has descended so I'm off to the doctor tomorrow for my yearly prescription of reassurance.
They have a rule now where you can only bring one issue at at time :? My doc is very nice and won't enforce such a rule but all the same I will be prepared. I have blood test results to show him so that can be the one issue and I will talk about my other ailments as potential symptoms.

It's good auld craic being me all the same.

:D
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Novax Djokovic is an evil demonic wanker and I pray Alcaraz destroys him on Sunday. If he also snaps some sort of tendon or bone in the process - gravy!

Hate him so very much!!!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:39 pm Novax Djokovic is an evil demonic wanker and I pray Alcaraz destroys him on Sunday. If he also snaps some sort of tendon or bone in the process - gravy!

Hate him so very much!!!!!!
I beg to differ...

Go Novax!
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

As for suffering some sort of physical injury, didn't the young pretender struggle to keep up physically and he had to retire hurt with cramp last time they played?!

Who knows, perhaps it was the vaccine!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

After a week of very poor sleep I'm after sleeping so much that when I woke up me arms wouldn't work 😳
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Did you type that with your nose or with your toes? :mrgreen:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

My numb fingers 😛

Anyway all is well now and himself has invited me to go to the cinema today 😀 I think he must have had a stroke.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I just had cocoa made on oat milk. Has Cocoat been invented yet? If not, hands off, it's MINE! 😡
Last edited by isha on Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 678904673 »

Its already halfway through August. Were is this year going
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Had a chuckle this morning. After a week of both of us with Covid we are beginning to run out of stuff and butter may be the second casualty after milk. Made me remember my youngest son when he was a toddler was astonished and offended by the word butter and thought it was a terrible name for something you put on bread. 😁

Then, not very many years later, he announced he was going to make a movie soon, it would be over 15s, and only bad language in it.

😅
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I'm looking forward to a festival this weekend. I'm booked to play a 2 hour set (most are only 1) but I've have precious little time to get a planned set together so I'm pretty much going to bring a crate of house and a crate of breaks. Split the set roughly in 2 by genre and wing it.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

I am looking forward to a festival at the end of the month - Electric Picnic.

Every year I wonder if I am getting too old for such nonsense, and then every year I go and spend the w/end marvelling at all those there who are 20+ years older than I am, whilst also getting intensely aggravated by all those there who 20+ years younger than I am.

I expect this year will be no different!
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

When all pumps are in service, and there's space available, why do some people deliberately choose the one with the nozzles on the "wrong" side relative to their petrol cap? During one of my rest-breaks yesterday, I had a panoramic view of a filling station with 5 pumps and a "best price in town" offer (actually best price for the 600km of my communte, which is not-conincidentally why I was having a rest-break there 8-) ) ... but the number of people hoiking the hose of pump N°4 across the back of their car to fill their tank was incredible.

One eejit had pulled so far forwards that he couldn't get the hose to reach, which put him in a very awkward position, because he'd already pre-cleared his payment (24-hour card-only pump) and putting the nozzle back would have finalised the transaction. He was helped out by the guy behind, who offered to hold the nozzle while yerman reversed. :roll:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Bonny King Charlie sounds like a common or garden expat Brit when he's speaking French! :mrgreen:

(Except for inconsistency that your average commor or garden expat Brit probably doesn't speak French, despite living here for twenty years ... :roll: )
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I’m freezing but I’m not putting the heating on till October out of principle!!!

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

What does it mean when someone posts using a mix of lower and upper case letters? LiKe THiS.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:28 pm What does it mean when someone posts using a mix of lower and upper case letters? LiKe THiS.
I think it's meant to come across as mocking/sneering
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
The Kitchen Sink

Post by The Kitchen Sink »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:28 pm What does it mean when someone posts using a mix of lower and upper case letters? LiKe THiS.
It's like a sarcastic parody of other online posters. For example if one is of the opinion that Russell Brand is totally guilty of all that he's being accused of they might sarcastically post something like "iT's a MediA wiTCh HuNt!!" as a dig against people who do think it is actually a witch hunt.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

The Kitchen Sink wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:59 pm It's like a sarcastic parody of other online posters. For example if one is of the opinion that Russell Brand is totally guilty of all that he's being accused of they might sarcastically post something like "iT's a MediA wiTCh HuNt!!" as a dig against people who do think it is actually a witch hunt.
I find that very strange. It is the Internet I suppose.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:16 pm I find that very strange. It is the Internet I suppose.
I bLAmE thE pC brIGadE!!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Sharing is caring!
I was having a problem with the wet summer and some towels getting a slight musty smell. It doesn't help that the kids (adults) use them and leave them in a damp heap when they are home. Only I could smell it, everyone else said they were grand, but I knew the fecken mould had got in at them. I even boiled them on the stove in a huge canning pot and used essential oils etc. But it kept coming back. Well I think I have cracked it!

First run a wash with about 250 ml of distilled white vinegar in the tray. Nothing else, no detergent. About 40 degrees is fine. You can go to 60 if you want, but my washing machine refuses to cope with that. Then wash again, same ordinary wash cycle, with one measure of washing powder and a good heaped measure of baking soda. About one cups worth. It has killed all trace of mustiness. I'm delighted.

>>>>>>>>💃Domestic Goddess💃<<<<<<<<<
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I’m remarkably drunk …!!!

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:18 pm I’m remarkably drunk …!!!
Just reading about the fumes coming off isha's laundry? :?
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Zora the Czech. :)