Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Post what's on your mind

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
KHD

Re: Post what's on your mind

Post by KHD »

I watch that Storage Hoarders program on Virgin Media 2 when its on. There are two ladies who have a load of Chinese and Japanese plates and bowls which the valuer is confident will make large money at the auction. Just thought of a friend of mine who had a jug at home which his mother left him and he convinced himself someway it would make a small fortune for him. I directed him to the dealers around Ormond Quay in Dublin at the time and get it valued. He drove into the city on his day off one day with anticipation. Was up in his house a few days later and asked him how he got on. He turned around and said "I fooked it into the nearest bin when I got out of the shop, I was disgusted" He said the dealer valued it at a Euro. :mrgreen:
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

Haiti has just been "voted" (for want of a better word) world's most fekked up country , or somesuch

racial demographic = ???? - Doubt this will merit a mention from any of the boffins who may be pondering how it (current state of the country) got that way :D
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
KHD

Post by KHD »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:50 pm Haiti has just been "voted" (for want of a better word) world's most fekked up country , or somesuch

racial demographic = ???? - Doubt this will merit a mention from any of the boffins who may be pondering how it (current state of the country) got that way :D
I think the country is currently on stage 2 of this recipe.

KHD

Post by KHD »

Testing

:owl: :penguin: :drum: :tractor: :turkey: :beer:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Is that your Christmas wish-list? :mrgreen:
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:50 pm Haiti has just been "voted" (for want of a better word) world's most fekked up country , or somesuch

I don't understand, Democrats told me that Haiti was as safe a place to live in as Norway, and to suggest otherwise would be racist ?

What's going on ?
Is this a fake poll organised by the far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far right ?

and by far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far right I mean anyone that isn't Naom Chomski on speed ...
KHD

Post by KHD »

Need to get a bag of pinhead porridge for the birds outside.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Is it wise feeding birds with this avian flue thing going around ? Not that I see any dead birds around on my travels but it has stuck in my head. I've put out some of my oul fellas porridge anyway as they are all outside tge back of the house waiting on something to be thrown out.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

No doubt there will be general relief and celebration because I finished my troll frog socks.
Then using scraps I invented a pattern for a patterned hat which ended up both too big (though I have fixed that by sewing a tuck) and looking like a Christmas pudding - perfect for the season.

The reason why I am knitting at all is I'm limbering up my fingers while impatiently awaiting a delivery of special authentic Icelandic wool with which I shall be knitting my first Icelandic jumper 🥳🥳. It's a patterned knit so I wanted to check how to do that on lots of open ended needles. Don't worry - I will be closely following the pattern next time! It's an old traditional pattern and I'm looking forward to it.😍

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
KHD

Post by KHD »

I actually think the socks are deadly when I see the two of them Can ya fit them into your boots / wellies ?

The hat is lovely by the way.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

No, not into my boots. House socks only, for sliding around on the floors. I have neoprene socks for my wellies! Frankly the hat is a bit odd looking but that will not stop me wearing it. Maybe.
KHD

Post by KHD »

The fire is going on tonight, no way I'm jumping into a shower tomorrow with no hot water. Must be getting old but I'm fecking freezing in the ice box I call a gaff.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

I believe my still-on-the-vine tomatoes are beyond saving - the local area forecast has been revised down from a maybe-just-maybe 2°C to a forgeddaboudit -4°C for this end of the week. Might as well go dancing instead of rushing home. :(
KHD

Post by KHD »

Email -> "OK I'll pop down to you later with the instructions guide."

Me in my head ( did not send it as a response as she's sound ) -> "Dear so and so, The Sneaker net system is currently unavailable, can you send it to me via email"
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

isha wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:09 pm No doubt there will be general relief and celebration because I finished my troll frog socks.
Then using scraps I invented a pattern for a patterned hat which ended up both too big (though I have fixed that by sewing a tuck) and looking like a Christmas pudding - perfect for the season.

The reason why I am knitting at all is I'm limbering up my fingers while impatiently awaiting a delivery of special authentic Icelandic wool with which I shall be knitting my first Icelandic jumper 🥳🥳. It's a patterned knit so I wanted to check how to do that on lots of open ended needles. Don't worry - I will be closely following the pattern next time! It's an old traditional pattern and I'm looking forward to it.😍

I love them! And lookit your little feets! :D The hat is especially nice. My friend knits a fair bit. YouTube thought her and now she crochets little things and can do lots of different stitches.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

In other news the plague has descended. It's a bog standard head cold and sinus thing. Husband was first afflicted and now it's my turn. I love lemsips though so that's a silver lining :D
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:40 pm In other news the plague has descended. It's a bog standard head cold and sinus thing. Husband was first afflicted and now it's my turn. I love lemsips though so that's a silver lining :D
Double the dose to get a kick start on the cold/sinus.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:18 am Double the dose to get a kick start on the cold/sinus.
I dare not. They are lemsip max. I'd be in a hape.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:40 pm In other news the plague has descended. It's a bog standard head cold and sinus thing. Husband was first afflicted and now it's my turn. I love lemsips though so that's a silver lining :D
The only positive out of this I can think of is at least you'll get it out of the way before Christmas!
KHD

Post by KHD »

OK I'm after spamming the forum again with my waffle, someone else can take over. The morning shift is over for me. :mrgreen:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:35 pm I love them! And lookit your little feets! :D The hat is especially nice. My friend knits a fair bit. YouTube thought her and now she crochets little things and can do lots of different stitches.
For me the photos I posted disappeared because I very sillyly chose the setting on the site that says delete after a day. But I've started my jumper and this photo link is not on those settings. The pattern doing is surprisingly easy once you get used to it. I'm well through the second sleeve but will be slower over the week because I don't have as much time.

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Should I add another 300km to my unnecessary detour? I'm about 150km from the sea, the Atlantic Ocean to be more specific, which I haven't seen for ... five years maybe?

Fekkit. All that's waiting for me at home are two undelivered Amazon parcels and a cold, damp house.

I didn't bring any togs, so if the call of the waves is too strong, it'll have to be skinny dipping ... :?
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

It begins......the "calling in to work sick" stress.
Traumatised from years in the public sector where you'd get the third and fourth degree should you dare not be able to work.

Normally I would ring (even though my work colleagues tell me they just text) but I think my manager is on leave. So I emailed her assistant sort of person. Now I wait and fill in the waiting time with thoughts.

What if assistant person isn't in.
Even though manager is on leave will I still have to ring her.
Will they think I am pretending.
Maybe I'm not unwell enough and not at all contagious.

The torment is real.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

I texted. No response. That's fine because I am an adult who can tolerate discomfort and who understands that no response does not equal being the cause of annoyance or worse "in trouble".

:?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:41 pm I texted. No response. That's fine because I am an adult who can tolerate discomfort and who understands that no response does not equal being the cause of annoyance or worse "in trouble".

:?
A good many of us know this horrible feeling, getting thrown back to feeling belly-sore guilty for missing school, afraid of what the teacher will say. Sometimes it strikes me hard, out of the blue, how crazily we humans live now, the routines and rhythms the post industrial world has forced into our lives, the dislocation from natural impulses and inclinations. We are an odd species that civilisation has taken us from the garden, the fields, the sea, the mountains, to the cubicle, the screen, the harried shift, the blood thumping snarl of traffic.

Hope you feel well soon.