Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Post what's on your mind

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
marhay70

Re: Post what's on your mind

Post by marhay70 »

Eamonn Ryan is a total gobshite. I can't seem to get through any day without something reminding me of that.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Why do I keep thinking that today is Saturday? :?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

How do I keep getting myself into these scrapes? 😓

I've started a new employment, which I think will be brief. It will have to last however til I find a replacement job as I'm also fecken broke. It's insanely physical. There's hard labour to start every day, shoveling and clearing paths, and then giving tours that are very exerting in a demanding, tough environment. I'm absolutely beyond knackered at the end of every day. Fuxxake. Some day I will laugh at this but today is certainly not that day. I have immensely good luck thank God in every aspect of my life except work. I wanted to live as an artist. I keep trying to do that like a bloody fool. What a fecken doozy of a dream. 😭😭😭
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 893456 »

What sort of work are you in Isha if your ok telling.I work with stallions so the scrapes,physical demands and alot of curse words is my day to day,heh.But I love it.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Ach I don't want to say. I'm plenty happy to work hard, have regularly done so, but this is taking the mickey and for very mediocre pay. There's a couple of better things on the horizon so it is just a case of sticking it out for hopefully a shortish while. I'm just utterly whacked and grumpy right now.

Glad you enjoy your job, working with animals you love is a great thing.

Post by 893456 »

I understand that,my last boss gave me the work of 3 people but only paid out for one.Hope your prospects come to you soon amigo.

Post by 765489 »

After reading Isha's post it reminds me of my father when it comes to shovels. He always took the tip off them. Made them more level when working them.

Post by 893456 »

I found level shovels back breaking for me,kudos to you father.I'm not that much of man for level shovels,heh.

Post by 765489 »

Redneck Reject wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:20 pm I found level shovels back breaking for me,kudos to you father.I'm not that much of man for level shovels,heh.
I'd be alot taller than him and I always keep the tip on them. Might be height related! He'd work hours with it and not a break or out of breath moment. Me, I'd take a "breather" every now and then. :mrgreen:

Post by 765489 »

Anyway, isha will be flying it this time next week. As my father used to say to myself and brother when we'd be out snigging turnips or picking sprouts coming up to Christmas and the fingers would be literally falling off us, "keep going you'll get used to it"

Post by 765489 »

What type of work do you do with stallions Redneck? Or is that too personal a question ? ( you can tell me to fook off and mind my own business ) just curious man.

Post by 893456 »

I usually halter and saddle break them depending on what the owner needs for the sale.

Post by 893456 »

But have to say you have some very big horses here like 18 hands and more,long way to the ground heh.

Post by 765489 »

I was going to say, you have my respect breaking in horses, you must really have no fear. :) I take it they are hunters or racehorses? I give my neighbour a dig out with his thourghbreds from time to time, he used to have a lot of blood stock years ago, myself and brother used to bring them out in the mornings for him when we were younger. But he's down to 6 now as he is getting on in years. He never seems to get a colt :D All his foals the last few years have been fillies.

Post by 893456 »

No fear or no brains as my father once said heh.Most are hunters it's seldom we get racehorses.And on colts yeah it seems fillies are winning the gene race these days.

Post by 765489 »

Just seen a ad on RTE 2 about a new series called Blow ins. Dingle is featured, never in Dingle. It reminds me of my family where I live in NCD. My great grandfather came from the inner city. Married a Wexford woman. My grand father was married to a Mayo woman. My father married a Galway woman. I'm the fourth generation and there is grouping of neighbours who still class us as outsiders. Doesn't really bother me as they have no value to me and I would describe them all as fookin odd balls anyway. I suppose it's in every town and parish but as Jim Morrison wrote - People are Strange.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

isha wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:52 pm How do I keep getting myself into these scrapes? 😓

I've started a new employment, which I think will be brief. It will have to last however til I find a replacement job as I'm also fecken broke. It's insanely physical. There's hard labour to start every day, shoveling and clearing paths, and then giving tours that are very exerting in a demanding, tough environment. I'm absolutely beyond knackered at the end of every day. Fuxxake. Some day I will laugh at this but today is certainly not that day. I have immensely good luck thank God in every aspect of my life except work. I wanted to live as an artist. I keep trying to do that like a bloody fool. What a fecken doozy of a dream. 😭😭😭
You're not a fool Isha. You are very very far away from that.

Post by 893456 »

A Rancher's daughter in Broken Arrow OK.Don't know what brought her in my mind.I blame the booze.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

I need a new pillow. This one is shite.

Post by 893456 »

Get yourself a duck feather pillow,beats all those memory foam ones.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

I’m a big fan of the Dunlopillo latex foam type. Not memory foam, but haven’t found a more suitable option. I’ll have to track down a couple. The last ones I bought came from Clery’s and were in use until a couple of years back when the missus replaced them with some crappy Ikea ones. I don’t think many of us pay enough attention to mattresses and bedding. A good nights sleep is worth paying for IMHO.

Post by 765489 »

Some amount of country and western folk heading into the city this evening.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Thank frock it’s the weekend.

I’m going to say nothing to anyone again this weekend. The peaceful quiet of two days marking trees in the forest will be sheer bliss after a week of poxy online meetings and a never ending stream of annoying phone calls.

I’ll bring the trangia with me and have a fry for lunch both days. Can’t wait now.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I must say I managed to clear the mind of most thoughts. I'm in Graiguenamanagh for the weekend. This morning, I cycled to North of Bagenalstown along the Barrow Greenway. That 50km worked wonders to clear the head but the legs will suffer later (I had I'd say over 30km of grassy path to cycle on and cycling on grass is a ba$tard for sapping energy). I had mud, gravel tree roots and about 5km of tarmac. I'm now sitting watching the water go over the weir in Graiguenamanagh and all's well.....
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

That sounds fabulous Hairy Joe. Beautiful day for it. I did a 50ishkm cycle with my kids in April on one crazy day and it nearly killed me.

What I had on my mind earlier today is far more prosaic. I went grocery shopping while waiting for the sun to get properly going and in the toilet paper aisle I thought - "Is this not just too much information!" 😳
IMG_20220910_162916.jpg
IMG_20220910_162916.jpg (61.71 KiB) Viewed 7827 times