Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
knownunknown

Re: Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Post by knownunknown »

Setanta wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:03 pm Waiting for the rugby to start today,I looked in at it,and several threads in a few forums

My god,but it is some mess, of abuse, WUMs,bullshit artists and concern-trolls.....how it got a reputation for excessive moderation is beyond me,it has shit moderation,not excessive moderation is the problem
They excessively moderate the subjects that don’t agree with their politics. They don’t care about much else, it’s pretty clear. Look at the difference between threads like Enoch Burke and Donald trump, night and day.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:41 pm They excessively moderate the subjects that don’t agree with their politics. They don’t care about much else, it’s pretty clear. Look at the difference between threads like Enoch Burke and Donald trump, night and day.
Before my ban I respectfully and politely asked for the term “cis” not to be used as it was not a real word, I’m a woman - end of.

I was replied to with “terfs like you make me sick”. I reported it and got nothing.

Then I snapped and said “idiots who don’t know basic biology make me sick”. Week’s ban and the eve was nigh.

Agree with their narrow minded left wing view and you’re grand, disagree and you’re toast.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

So did Ireland win the fat men running into each other competition or what ?

Thats the great thing about living in Spain, I don't hear anything about that Rugby crap.

Post by 678904673 »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:55 am So did Ireland win the fat men running into each other competition or what ?

Thats the great thing about living in Spain, I don't hear anything about that Rugby crap.
Yes. Victory was achieved. You're lucky your in Spain and avoiding the media going into fawning overdrive
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:18 am Yes. Victory was achieved. You're lucky your in Spain and avoiding the media going into fawning overdrive
Yeah God forbid we're happy about something our country achieved.

And "fat" have a fcking day off eh ? Bigotry okay in some cases yeah ? #hypocrisy
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Post by 678904673 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:58 am Yeah God forbid we're happy about something our country achieved.

And "fat" have a fcking day off eh ? Bigotry okay in some cases yeah ? #hypocrisy
Firstly, I didn't refer to them as fat. Secondly, I am very pleased with the victory. I just gave my opinion that I think media coverage is a little over the top
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Apologies - it was the very epitome of me being a dick.

It's just the win meant so much to me as the last Slam I watched with my dad and he didn't see why it was important as his dementia was taking hold.

The Slam before in 2009 we celebrated like loons - it means something.

I reacted poorly without thinking - sorry again. V touchy today - third delightful week of the flu and it's a pain in the hole.

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Sorry PS ...

I just don't like Rugby and call it "Fat men running into each other competition" just as a jest.
Let's not become like they are over on planks.

I like Tennis, some people hate that, think it's a borefest...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I call soccer a big girls game and I won't say what how I refer to the GAA. It's all in jest.
'no more blah blah blah'
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:37 am I call soccer a big girls game and I won't say what how I refer to the GAA. It's all in jest.
oh don;t get me started on the bogball ...

Post by 678904673 »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:54 am oh don;t get me started on the bogball ...
I use to work with a lad who use to called it culchie fighting. Although he seemed to have a grudging respect for Hurling. But that may have had more to do with lads swinging big sticks around
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:16 am Sorry PS ...

I just don't like Rugby and call it "Fat men running into each other competition" just as a jest.
Let's not become like they are over on planks.

I like Tennis, some people hate that, think it's a borefest...
Oh I love tennis!!!!

Glad we're all good - never reply on a few hours sleep!!!

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:07 pm I use to work with a lad who use to called it culchie fighting. Although he seemed to have a grudging respect for Hurling. But that may have had more to do with lads swinging big sticks around
Oh I can't stand GAA!!! Added to the fact I don't like Guinness and one day I'm worried they'll take my passport off me!!!!!

Post by 678904673 »

I see a long standing poster who lives of the west coast of Ireland has been site banned. Now that's interesting. They must have been very naughty
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:51 am I see a long standing poster who lives of the west coast of Ireland has been site banned. Now that's interesting. They must have been very naughty
No way - I thought they'd be there till the bitter end !?!!

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I never knew what to make of that poster - 31,000+ posts and banned. Planks loss - perhaps the said poster will move here. We could do with a few prolific posters.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:20 am No way - I thought they'd be there till the bitter end !?!!
Yes. I was very surprised. They always struck me as one of the untouchable's. I know over the years some questioned the OP's back story and others thought they were a parody account. Maybe the Mod's found out something.
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Sadly, the poster in question is no longer with us. I believe the account was removed based on the wishes of the family. RIP. Storms won't be the same without her.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Biggins wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:46 am Sadly, the poster in question is no longer with us. I believe the account was removed based on the wishes of the family. RIP. Storms won't be the same without her.
Why is the profile marked BANNED?
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Biggins wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:46 am Sadly, the poster in question is no longer with us. I believe the account was removed based on the wishes of the family. RIP. Storms won't be the same without her.
That is really sad, I didn't agree with everything she posted but seemed a genuinely decent sort deep down - may she rest in peace.

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Really? I thought her account was banned due to a recent thread about a stolen car.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Are you referring to G****** ?
She was posting up to a few days back. Are you say she died this week?
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:47 am Why is the profile marked BANNED?
Can you link to a recent post of hers? cheers
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

That's the last post she made. I thought the stolen car thread in the Christianity forum might have caused the ban. I know that she was banned in the past. There is no Walter Mitty stuff either, the woman is as she says she is.