Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Re: Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Post by Guburnor »

Could everyone please cut this nonsense out.

If you think somebody is here just to troll, ignore them. Don't feed the trolls.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Guburnor wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:57 am If we want to be different, this thread is not helping.
At least they ban sick shit and don’t just close a report ignoring it.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:54 am At least they ban sick shit and don’t just close a report ignoring it.
If you have an issue with the modding here by all means open a thread in the Modding forum, that's what it is there for.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Guburnor wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:57 am If you have an issue with the modding here by all means open a thread in the Modding forum, that's what it is there for.
I think she meant the other place ...

edit- ok ive read other thread for context, ignore this...

Post by 95438756 »

boards continues the slide..
Went back to check on front page without logging in having deleted my account
This poster will get his 15 minutes of fame and then go away.
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205829 ... iage-fails

Post by 95438756 »

Back on board. Different user name.
Who am I?

Post by 678904673 »

gugleguy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:18 pm Back on board. Different user name.
Who am I?
Just to clarify are you saying that you're back on Boards

Post by 95438756 »

Why not for bit of good clean fun.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

gugleguy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:18 pm Back on board. Different user name.
Who am I?
I don't even know who you used to be :lol:
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

gugleguy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:42 pm Why not for bit of good clean fun.
Because life is too short? Boards is the Twitter of discussion forums.....a sewer.
'no more blah blah blah'
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:44 am Because life is too short? Boards is the Twitter of discussion forums.....a sewer.
Yep, that place is so past it, I don't even venture in anymore

Post by 678904673 »

I still keep an eye on the Weather, GAA & Rugby forums. Although the Rugby forum has really gone down hill. But I leave the rest well alone
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Haven't logged in in months, not even for the non controversial stuff...
Beatty

Post by Beatty »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:48 am I wonder who the OP could be :lol:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205829 ... es7-banned
Im a late arrival to this thread, crazy they perma banned an elderly, isolated island dwelling poster with over 32,000 posts and over 10 years adding to their website and hits.

I find it hard to fathom the extreme moderation over there. Its a discussion forum? The whole point is to engage. Who wants to debate with a mirror? The best experiences with discussion sites are debating with people of different view and reading things that change your own mind or make you think differently about something. One sided stuff gets old very very quickly and is no benefit. Whats the point!?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:28 am Haven't logged in in months, not even for the non controversial stuff...
The latest proclamation from the little Mussolini in charge was “no mentioning anything that might be covered on another thread!!! I am deleting posts!!!”

It will disappear soon.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 678904673 »

Beatty wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:58 pm Im a late arrival to this thread, crazy they perma banned an elderly, isolated island dwelling poster with over 32,000 posts and over 10 years adding to their website and hits.

I find it hard to fathom the extreme moderation over there. Its a discussion forum? The whole point is to engage. Who wants to debate with a mirror? The best experiences with discussion sites are debating with people of different view and reading things that change your own mind or make you think differently about something. One sided stuff gets old very very quickly and is no benefit. Whats the point!?
The moderation seems to work like this. If in general you hold "the right" kind of views. You'll be given a lot of latitude.

If you don't hold those kind of views. You won't be long for that site.
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

I'm really questioning whether it is worth bothering with that site anymore. E.g. the below thread, any suggestion that Joe Biden may have a cognitive issue is immediately met with the usual poison from certain individuals. As someone who unfortunately has a lot of experience of dementia with family members, I had a reasonable post ready but why bother when all that will happen is I'll get screamed at with "prove it", "so, no proof then". Do these people get the concept of posting OPINIONS on a discussion board. The comical/pathetic thing is they often don't "prove" their own opinions yet obnoxiously demand this of others.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205830 ... e-queen/p1
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

BrianD3 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:34 pm I'm really questioning whether it is worth bothering with that site anymore. E.g. the below thread, any suggestion that Joe Biden may have a cognitive issue is immediately met with the usual poison from certain individuals. As someone who unfortunately has a lot of experience of dementia with family members, I had a reasonable post ready but why bother when all that will happen is I'll get screamed at with "prove it", "so, no proof then". Do these people get the concept of posting OPINIONS on a discussion board. The comical/pathetic thing is they often don't "prove" their own opinions yet obnoxiously demand this of others.

What's more, the principal aggressor is themself, a moderator, i.e. one who is tasked with bringing reason and rationale to a discussion. Haven't exactly kicked it off in the right mood have they?

Post by 95438756 »

There's now TWO threads on boards about the missing titanic submarine.

Filled with more punditry tattle from armchair maritime experts than reasoned discussion and concern for the lives on board.

Post by 678904673 »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:43 am There's now TWO threads on boards about the missing titanic submarine.

Filled with more punditry tattle from armchair maritime experts than reasoned discussion and concern for the lives on board.
I shouldn't have looked but did. Very little mention of the people on board. The whole thread seems to be about to what depths a submarine can go. With a couple of the usual suspects butting in with their 'knowledge' of the sea. Depressing
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

BrianD3 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:34 pm I'm really questioning whether it is worth bothering with that site anymore. E.g. the below thread, any suggestion that Joe Biden may have a cognitive issue is immediately met with the usual poison from certain individuals. As someone who unfortunately has a lot of experience of dementia with family members, I had a reasonable post ready but why bother when all that will happen is I'll get screamed at with "prove it", "so, no proof then". Do these people get the concept of posting OPINIONS on a discussion board. The comical/pathetic thing is they often don't "prove" their own opinions yet obnoxiously demand this of others.

I know it's pathetic , you could mention he is obviously got some sort of impairment (he does) and you'd get a response : "Are you a doctor?, or medically qualified to give that diagnosis?"

Such utter guff, like saying you need to be a vet to identify a dog from a cat...

But even NOW, over the last few weeks, with his latest gaffs they are STILL denying there is anything amiss ... it's crazy, did you see his "God save the queen man" ?? I mean WTAF ... even his face, staring into space with a bewildered look, it's unreal, what the hell are the 2024 debates gonna be like ??

De Santis will destroy him !!

But I'm sure they will find some way to skip the debates , debates are white supremacy maybe ??

edit - my mam had dementia and I see a lot of similarites in their body language and gait.
And that confused look, it's actually sad...
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:30 pm I know it's pathetic , you could mention he is obviously got some sort of impairment (he does) and you'd get a response : "Are you a doctor?, or medically qualified to give that diagnosis?"

Such utter guff, like saying you need to be a vet to identify a dog from a cat...

But even NOW, over the last few weeks, with his latest gaffs they are STILL denying there is anything amiss ... it's crazy, did you see his "God save the queen man" ?? I mean WTAF ... even his face, staring into space with a bewildered look, it's unreal, what the hell are the 2024 debates gonna be like ??

De Santis will destroy him !!

But I'm sure they will find some way to skip the debates , debates are white supremacy maybe ??

edit - my mam had dementia and I see a lot of similarites in their body language and gait.
And that confused look, it's actually sad...
That thread is a total shit show. And astonishing stuff from a mod.

The whole "prove it" thing I think is a legacy of Covid discussion when you weren't allowed to have any opinion whatsoever on anything that could not be sourced from a peer reviewed study.

Now nobody is fighting over Covid anymore the usual suspects have dragged this witlessness into other subjects.

"Hmm, 82 year old Biden looks a bit old, getting confused and falling over, he's exhibiting many symptoms of cognitive decline."

"That's a fraudulent statement of fact without any foundation. You are simply spreading misinformation."

It's a tactic to derail every single argument, doesn't matter what the subject matter is.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

It's incredible. Likely because Trump supporters say it. Well I detest Trump, and Biden is clearly experiencing the neurological effects of old age. And nothing wrong with that obviously but it's not appropriate for the president of the USA - in fact it's quite worrying!
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

schmittel wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:40 pm That thread is a total shit show. And astonishing stuff from a mod.

The whole "prove it" thing I think is a legacy of Covid discussion when you weren't allowed to have any opinion whatsoever on anything that could not be sourced from a peer reviewed study.

Now nobody is fighting over Covid anymore the usual suspects have dragged this witlessness into other subjects.

"Hmm, 82 year old Biden looks a bit old, getting confused and falling over, he's exhibiting many symptoms of cognitive decline."

"That's a fraudulent statement of fact without any foundation. You are simply spreading misinformation."

It's a tactic to derail every single argument, doesn't matter what the subject matter is.
“You may feel this is evidence of what you’re talking about but we don’t so we’re going to silence you and call you a liar instead.”

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _114351095
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

From that sh*t show of a site :
he forum mods have asked that the 'dementia', 'shaky Joe' narrative be dropped. As has been pointed out by many others, there's no evidence to support that narrative. You may feel that your talk show video clip constitutes evidence, but most people wouldn't. And if without such 'evidence' you aren't able to back your argument up, then I would argue that your argument isn't particularly strong to begin with, if it requires National Enquirer style support to prop it up.

"National Enquirer style" ... :D :D :D :D !!!

Gaslighting horseshit.