Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
DeletedUser

Re: Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Post by DeletedUser »

Biggins wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:31 pm That will come back to bite them. All it takes us the owner of this site launching a civil case for defamation and a solicitors letter to planks demanding the IP address is handed over. See then how tough they are when they are unmasked.
Agreed !
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Biggins wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:31 pm That will come back to bite them. All it takes us the owner of this site launching a civil case for defamation and a solicitors letter to planks demanding the IP address is handed over. See then how tough they are when they are unmasked.
Oh, how I would love to see that happen.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Fugue wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:59 am That thread is an absolute sh1t-show. Dripping with spite and smugness - and only from the "be kind" lot. I saw some bully signed up just to give Diamonds a hard time, but at least was nuked. Seemed like a duplicate "Livia".

The stuff about calling the guards and death threats and hate etc is all just them having a laugh though, don't give them exactly what they want by reacting.

They're scoring an own goal with constant misuse of "nazi" however. It's seriously offensive to invoke nazi terror in relation to stuff that doesn't even begin to resemble nazism.
I don't mind them at all Fugue. Those types just make me laugh. Some of the genuine posters on that thread, their positions are so.....heart attack inducing. As Vale posted go have a 99 or I dunno meditate.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Yeah they deserve to be laughed at. It's just registering with the sole intent to harangue someone who's totally inoffensive... they need to take a look at themselves really.
Johnny Von Pintland

Post by Johnny Von Pintland »

I really think some of you need to chill out and stop taking a silly message board so seriously. It comes across as unhinged to be honest. Once you realise that you are never going to change the mind of anyone who already has a strong opinion then you can stop taking the information superhighway so seriously.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Johnny Von Pintland wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:06 pm I really think some of you need to chill out and stop taking a silly message board so seriously. It comes across as unhinged to be honest. Once you realise that you are never going to change the mind of anyone who already has a strong opinion then you can stop taking the information superhighway so seriously.
Well that’s another poster my mind is made up about.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Fugue

Post by Fugue »

What's unhinged is fake personas created purely to troll and harass people.

Lamenting a formerly very good site being destroyed by the above is perfectly rational.
Johnny Von Pintland

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:17 pm Well that’s another poster my mind is made up about.
It’s true though. Taking things like message boards and Twitter seriously is a sign you have too much time on your hands and an inferior mind. You could be doing pretty much anything else and it would be of more value.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Johnny Von Pintland wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:06 pm Once you realise that you are never going to change the mind of anyone who already has a strong opinion then you can stop taking the information superhighway so seriously.
Alternative views have to exist, have to be expressed. The information superhighway functions as a public square, some smaller than others, but nonetheless there is a function.

If present hegemonic opinion, which is often being astroturfed from various NGOs and political think tanks and put about as gospel via media of all types, is not constantly challenged by various alternative opinions, we are in a totalitarian situation.

For example in recent years I have witnessed the most unbelievable authoritarianism towards people with alternative views about covid management and drug mandates. Alternative opinions have been censored, maligned and banned. Yet looking back there was sense in much of the contrarianism.

Ditto re radical experimental medicalisation of gender dysphoric youth - it was unacceptable to oppose it, it was declared to be bigotry and hate by being persistently called that by massed ranks of opinion makers and their servants on all media platforms. And yet the objectors are gradually being proven to have been correct as many countries acknowledge the harm and abandon that approach.

If people never hear different opinions they think they are alone in their own disagreement. It doesn't matter how small is the opposing voice, the fact of its very existence displaces hegemony and the universal indoctrination of mass consciousness via pervasive uncontested propaganda.

PS I'm not stressing about it, you like to portray people with strong opinions as stressing about it. I'm just peacefully stubborn 🙂
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Johnny Von Pintland wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:25 pm It’s true though. Taking things like message boards and Twitter seriously is a sign you have too much time on your hands and an inferior mind. You could be doing pretty much anything else and it would be of more value.
And yet here you are. Your first offering here was a description of your scutter. I have generally found first impressions to be useful.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Fugue wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:21 pm What's unhinged is fake personas created purely to troll and harass people.

Lamenting a formerly very good site being destroyed by the above is perfectly rational.
That is so true!!

Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Telling people they're irrational, have an inferior mind (a blatant insult), have too much time on their hands is another take on the (to women) "you're just being hysterical, overly emotional" trope. It's gas-lighting.

You certainly have too much time on your hands if you troll day in day out.
Johnny Von Pintland

It’s got nothing to do with gender or a poster being a woman. Angry, bad-tempered and hysterical posters tend to be mostly men tbh.

It’s perfectly reasonable to say that someone who allows others to “get under their skin” online is probably spending far too much time online and should work on better habits and a self-reflection routine. This doesn’t just apply to Boards btw - saw an Irish crank on Twitter last week up had tweeted nearly 120 thousand times in 3 years. Like that’s an epic waste of time and I can guarantee that he hasn’t changed the mind of anyone about anything.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I think it is all too clear now that there are at least two, likely more, Boards users on here (in addition to several who have been on here already).

Their goal is clear, one gaslights the posters here and the other posts as much vile unhinged abuse to make the posters here look bad.

Are these two the same ones who are on the Boards Feedback page accusing this site of being a “anti Boards hate site” or others ? Who knows.

But let’s just get on with it and let a formerly good site degenerate into a sad left wing woke echo chamber, run by a petty megalomaniac.

Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Why this conspiracy theory not be clarified is mind boggling.
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:21 pm I think it is all too clear now that there are at least two, likely more, Boards users on here (in addition to several who have been on here already).

Their goal is clear, one gaslights the posters here and the other posts as much vile unhinged abuse to make the posters here look bad.

Are these two the same ones who are on the Boards Feedback page accusing this site of being a “anti Boards hate site” or others ? Who knows.

But let’s just get on with it and let a formerly good site degenerate into a sad left wing woke echo chamber, run by a petty megalomaniac.
I don't know if that's what's actually happening or not but if it is, then they must be the saddest people alive. Imagine having such an empty, unfulfilling life that you would actually bother to do something like that. Beyond pathetic.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Avey Terrible wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:35 pm I don't know if that's what's actually happening or not but if it is, then they must be the saddest people alive. Imagine having such an empty, unfulfilling life that you would actually bother to do something like that. Beyond pathetic.
I’m fairly sure on one at least and I quite agree, incredibly sad.

Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Quiet fitting this topic is in The Smoking Room as some good stuff is being puffed it seems.
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Johnny Von Pintland wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:25 pm It’s true though. Taking things like message boards and Twitter seriously is a sign you have too much time on your hands and an inferior mind. You could be doing pretty much anything else and it would be of more value.
I'm happy to take a card or ban or whatever is dished out here.

You are one sad sack!

Not content to ruin site with your scutter shtick, you and your NUIG buddies over here trying to troll relentlessly. Bully and misrepresent what people have said. Twisting their words to suit your own agenda. Get a life, you tool!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Biggins wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:37 pm I'm happy to take a card or ban or whatever is dished out here.

You are one sad sack!

Not content to ruin site with your scutter shtick, you and your NUIG buddies over here trying to troll relentlessly. Bully and misrepresent what people have said. Twisting their words to suit your own agenda. Get a life, you tool!
For what it’s worth, 100% and if we want to be different than that hole, that does NOT deserve any sanction but needed to be said.

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Johnny Von Pintland wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:19 pm It’s got nothing to do with gender or a poster being a woman. Angry, bad-tempered and hysterical posters tend to be mostly men tbh.

It’s perfectly reasonable to say that someone who allows others to “get under their skin” online is probably spending far too much time online and should work on better habits and a self-reflection routine. This doesn’t just apply to Boards btw - saw an Irish crank on Twitter last week up had tweeted nearly 120 thousand times in 3 years. Like that’s an epic waste of time and I can guarantee that he hasn’t changed the mind of anyone about anything.
Good point, Pintman, or JohnnyFlash ... or AbonibleDrPhibes or whoever ??

all of the above ??
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Fugue wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:06 pm Yeah they deserve to be laughed at. It's just registering with the sole intent to harangue someone who's totally inoffensive... they need to take a look at themselves really.
If they had have continued they would have experienced my less inoffensive side ;)
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Johnny Von Pintland wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:19 pm It’s got nothing to do with gender or a poster being a woman. Angry, bad-tempered and hysterical posters tend to be mostly men tbh.

It seems that people that let others get under their skin is what is getting under your skin. I can’t infer temperament from this like somehow you can but what I can say is that it’s hugely hypocritical.

Do you think you are changing anyone’s mind here?

/confession through projection.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Nudain and pjohnson are two class acts that always engage in a friendly and helpful manner while always being kind and thoughtful.

Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:58 pm For what it’s worth, 100% and if we want to be different than that hole, that does NOT deserve any sanction but needed to be said.
If we want to be different, this thread is not helping.