Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
nlgbbbblth

Re: Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I still have an active Boards account and check it everyday.

I don't engage in personal abuse because it's likely to end up with a ban - but in many instances, I think that personal abuse of certain posters is warranted.
Boardsie Exile

Post by Boardsie Exile »

I only occasionally dip in and out of the soccer forum meself. The new site is just insufferable though, what were they thinking?

Post by 678904673 »

I still check in on the the Weather forum most days and the GAA & Rugby forums a few times a week. But that's about the extant of it now

Post by 95438756 »

I started a thread in movies on boards about
Air to Ground mission movies.

The thread gets a post about the movie Apocalypse Now.
This movie does not have an air to ground element.

Wished I had hadn't started the thread now.

Also Getting fed up of not being able to unfollow threads including my own.
The unfollow feature does not work.
An example is the best toasted sandwich thread. I posted my opinion but the OP doesn't like it.
So I unfollow. Thus is 3'weeka ago
Still getting updates.

Other Threads are being messed up in AH too

Can some gubernite please pm me about how to request my posts be completely removed, gonna to close my account soon.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:33 pm I started a thread in movies on boards about
Air to Ground mission movies.

The thread gets a post about the movie Apocalypse Now.
This movie does not have an air to ground element.

Wished I had hadn't started the thread now.

Also Getting fed up of not being able to unfollow threads including my own.
The unfollow feature does not work.
An example is the best toasted sandwich thread. I posted my opinion but the OP doesn't like it.
So I unfollow. Thus is 3'weeka ago
Still getting updates.

Other Threads are being messed up in AH too

Can some gubernite please pm me about how to request my posts be completely removed, gonna to close my account soon.
You need to email them and ask to be anonymised.

That Russian thread really is something. One of the biggest list of threadbanned users I’ve ever seen. That even doesn’t seem to be good enough with more people disagreeing with their bloodthirsty rhetoric, they are asking to limit the amount of people with access! https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205828 ... in-threads

If only they spent more energy debating and less energy reporting the world might be a better place. Only one side is interested in silencing the other.

Post by 95438756 »

done sir,
but will boards honour their 'promise' to act within 24 hours?

I got the auto reply yesterday from the mailbot at 1.30pm

Clock ticking

Post by 95438756 »

And the process has been started.
It's official My posts are being annonymised and my account closed.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

gugleguy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:29 pm And the process has been started.
It's official My posts are being annonymised and my account closed.
I done that aswell.....took a week or so.

It's for the best
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

gugleguy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:49 am done sir,
but will boards honour their 'promise' to act within 24 hours?

I got the auto reply yesterday from the mailbot at 1.30pm

Clock ticking
Took a month to get mine close iirc.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Poster in dispute resolution:
Are there two sides in the Russia/Ukraine war debate?
Beasty apparently through pm:
Not really
I would guess that pawwed rig hasn’t being reading that thread at all if anti skeptic is the one to be infracted for this :
Additionally you seem to find mirth in some of the reports of the conflict that show a disassociation and a lack of empathy from what are the horrific realities of war.
It’s the people advocating for peace that are the ones being banned, god damn hypocrites.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205828 ... -of-ca-ban
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:32 pm Poster in dispute resolution:

Beasty apparently through pm:

I would guess that pawwed rig hasn’t being reading that thread at all if anti skeptic is the one to be infracted for this :

It’s the people advocating for peace that are the ones being banned, god damn hypocrites.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205828 ... -of-ca-ban

That's mad but in fairness to Beasty he's not trying to hide the agenda, unlike pawed rig, he has not even tried to claim the infraction is for trolling. When the poster queried why he'd been banned for expressing a particular point of view, the response was:
If you try and defend/excuse the indefensible you face the consequences
followed up with the comment in response to question of whether or not there are two sides to the debate:
Not really - Putin is very clearly a war criminal. Anyone trying to defend him and the atrocities done by his army is not getting oxygen on this site
A blatant admission that the site's policy is you're welcome to discuss and debate this issue (and other contentious issues) as long as the moderators agree with you.

Extraordinary stuff from a "discussion" forum. And sheds a little light into why a number of my posts have been deleted; no infractions, no mod warnings, no mod comment, nothing, just posts that were made within site/forum/thread rules deleted simply because the mod disagreed with them!
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

I wouldn't even waste my time trying to discuss the Ukraine war on that site.
To think anyone advocating for peace and against the west,USA and NATO trying to escalate this to WW3 is somehow "pro Putin" is just beyond ludicrous.
Fratello
Verified Username

Post by Fratello »

Do they think if pro Putinstatements are made that he might do better in a battle?

Similar with Trump, if you put up some thing saying Joe Biden is crap does it mean Trump might win in 2024?

They have a very high opinion of themselves if they think that something written on an Irish message board will make any difference to how US people vote or how the war will unfold. Mad.
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

schmittel wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:03 pm That's mad but in fairness to Beasty he's not trying to hide the agenda, unlike pawed rig, he has not even tried to claim the infraction is for trolling. When the poster queried why he'd been banned for expressing a particular point of view, the response was:

followed up with the comment in response to question of whether or not there are two sides to the debate:

A blatant admission that the site's policy is you're welcome to discuss and debate this issue (and other contentious issues) as long as the moderators agree with you.

Extraordinary stuff from a "discussion" forum. And sheds a little light into why a number of my posts have been deleted; no infractions, no mod warnings, no mod comment, nothing, just posts that were made within site/forum/thread rules deleted simply because the mod disagreed with them!
The mods will be the death of the site and, when it happens, they still won't accept any blame.

Post by 95438756 »

A more sinister analogy is in breaking bad where
Gus Fring and Max meet Don Eladio:
Emanently welcomed as first time visitors:
Only the final outcome was decided 10 minutes ago
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:32 am I wouldn't even waste my time trying to discuss the Ukraine war on that site.
To think anyone advocating for peace and against the west,USA and NATO trying to escalate this to WW3 is somehow "pro Putin" is just beyond ludicrous.
If.what is said about Russians and derogatory stereotypes were posted wholesale about any other nationality/ethnicity,there would be wholesale bans

Racism is ok it seems,(and this is what these stereotypes and rethoric amount to),so long as it's againest whom media disapprove of
Last edited by Setanta on Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Well done, Raichu. Maybe we’ll finally find out who the serial reporters are, although probably many of us already have our suspicions.

“ reporting their post only to follow up shortly after with that of your own, really?”

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205828 ... -ah-thread

Post by 95438756 »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:46 pm Well done, Raichu. Maybe we’ll finally find out who the serial reporters are, although probably many of us already have our suspicions.

“ reporting their post only to follow up shortly after with that of your own, really?”

Raichu put me on warning 2 after the "shocking post" I made.
Poor Craethur.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:46 pm Well done, Raichu. Maybe we’ll finally find out who the serial reporters are, although probably many of us already have our suspicions.

About time that gobshite got a ban!!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:20 pm About time that gobshite got a ban!!!!!
MOD NOTE - Banned for a week.

Posters are reminded to read the OP and heed the zero tolerance mod warning.
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

As hard as it is to say this, in the above case the poster was right and the mod wrong. Tullock's steering wheel spike is a thought experiment that is well known in road safety. Whereas Shoot All Cyclists is not. The mod walked himself into that complaint by deleting the Tullock post and not the cyclist one,

This I think shows the problem with both mods and certain posters. Mods don't know what they're doing and are dealing with slippery individuals who have refined their tactics over many years, reporting posts and annoying others while staying within the rules. They anticipate responses from others and generally have a "link" ready to deploy as a rebuttal. People get annoyed and waste their time arguing.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

Snooker forum o'er there gets very busy (about the only time) for the WC's upcoming in Sheffield ~ mid April to beginning May

used to be a bit o' craic, and one could remark upon the attractiveness (every now and then - nothing lewd either like :lol: ) of the female referees etc - tis the reason they're there after all, imho :D ; Barry Hearn's no mug !!

but that Raichu chap be coming out with his "ah come on lads, no need for that etc" white knighting, or maybe even a bit more forthright than that betimes - no one passed any remarks on him tbf (think R is a bloke) ,,,

,,,, but now that he's a mod - altho only in AH (i think) - there'll likely be bans/warnings aplenty this year - at his behest; in a forum where some people had an odd disagreement, mainly on commentators and the likes, but mostly a good collegial atmosphere overall

reckon the lad'll ruin that thread this year :cry: - widna be surprised if he comes out with something like: "can we agree not to discuss the appearance of x , y , z etc , ect ? " in his opening salvo - he already thought he was a mod over there before he was any kind of mod at all :D

it's like all they've ever wanted to be was to be a mod on planks :roll:

just lettin' yis know in advance (even for the non snooker fans), so we can see how he operates with his new hat on

i'll certainly be keeping an eye on it (the thread) - and me goggling bins be watching Proletina and Desi an' all, altho i've pretty much given up planksposting, i might make a return for t'Blue Riband event
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

BrianD3 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:51 am As hard as it is to say this, in the above case the poster was right and the mod wrong. Tullock's steering wheel spike is a thought experiment that is well known in road safety. Whereas Shoot All Cyclists is not. The mod walked himself into that complaint by deleting the Tullock post and not the cyclist one,

This I think shows the problem with both mods and certain posters. Mods don't know what they're doing and are dealing with slippery individuals who have refined their tactics over many years, reporting posts and annoying others while staying within the rules. They anticipate responses from others and generally have a "link" ready to deploy as a rebuttal. People get annoyed and waste their time arguing.
I must disagree. On the face of it you may be right, two comments stood side by side. One a joke, the other a thought experiment.

But the thing is AJR reported the post first, the one that was a joke, saying shoot all cyclists. He wanted that joke(clearly a joke by the way) deleted because it was inciting violence. By his own standard he then proceeded to post something which could be construed as incitement to violence. It clearly was a retaliatory move. Raichu was 100% right here.
In this thread, another user posted the comment ‘shoot all the cyclists’ comment. I reported this post for inciting violence. The post has not been removed and no moderator action is noted on this post.

I posted shortly after, suggesting that steering wheel airbags should be replaced by spikes.
Last edited by knownunknown on Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:01 pm Snooker forum o'er there gets very busy (about the only time) for the WC's upcoming in Sheffield ~ mid April to beginning May

used to be a bit o' craic, and one could remark upon the attractiveness (every now and then - nothing lewd either like :lol: ) of the female referees etc - tis the reason they're there after all, imho :D ; Barry Hearn's no mug !!

but that Raichu chap be coming out with his "ah come on lads, no need for that etc" white knighting, or maybe even a bit more forthright than that betimes - no one passed any remarks on him tbf (think R is a bloke) ,,,

,,,, but now that he's a mod - altho only in AH (i think) - there'll likely be bans/warnings aplenty this year - at his behest; in a forum where some people had an odd disagreement, mainly on commentators and the likes, but mostly a good collegial atmosphere overall

reckon the lad'll ruin that thread this year :cry: - widna be surprised if he comes out with something like: "can we agree not to discuss the appearance of x , y , z etc , ect ? " in his opening salvo - he already thought he was a mod over there before he was any kind of mod at all :D

it's like all they've ever wanted to be was to be a mod on planks :roll:

just lettin' yis know in advance (even for the non snooker fans), so we can see how he operates with his new hat on

i'll certainly be keeping an eye on it (the thread) - and me goggling bins be watching Proletina and Desi an' all, altho i've pretty much given up planksposting, i might make a return for t'Blue Riband event
Him being appointed a Mod is such a huge mistake. It's gone straight to his head.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

Avey Terrible wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:28 pm Him being appointed a Mod is such a huge mistake. It's gone straight to his head.
reckon so Avey; i scarce follow any of the AH or the CA threads anymore over in that place. he's probably so disappointed that it took him close to or over four years to get a ban hammer, that it's no surprise that he'll wield it as much as possible :D

only question i got is: did he ask for the modship (have it at ~91%) , was it offered to him ( ~ 8.5%) , or 'other' at 0.5% ? ? ? :lol:

only hope it's/he's good for a few #links and laughs on here :D

#in same breath - damn them links [on account of them bastid cookies :( ] pretty sure before 'Vanilla' took over it was easy to ignore/block all them cookie feckin things :D :? :cry:
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>