Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.

Re: Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Post by 678904673 »

I particularly like this suggestion from a favorite poster of ours. I wonder who those "trusted users" would be ;)

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120283815
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Poor old <SNIP>, he must have pissed in somebody's cornflakes as he has been angling to become a Mod for years and they won't let him join the club.
Last edited by Guburnor on Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: See Mod Warning in OP
'no more blah blah blah'
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:26 am I particularly like this suggestion from a favorite poster of ours. I wonder who those "trusted users" would be ;)

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120283815
WTAF, allowing wanna be mods to stop users posting when they don't suit the agenda
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:00 am WTAF, allowing wanna be mods to stop users posting when they don't suit the agenda
TBF they've essentially hollowed it out to extent almost noone is left,who deosnt suit their agenda anyway

This suggestion is naive to level hard to quantify.....they can't even manage to do basic enough stuff,easily obtainable via vanilla backup support forums.....asking em to add use-on extras to be allocated to individual posters below moderator/admin level is head-in-sand stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

I'll probably get taken to task for this comment, couldn't give a solitary damn anymore. <SNIP> and the other scutter junkies are almost invincible, imagine advocating for a North Korea style censorship. "Alright guys, let's be a snot-nosed rat in the corridor to gain approval." Simon Harris wouldn't get in a look in with that shameless lickarsery. By the way, check out the dimensions of my latest number two...moronic jibber jabber is lauded provided you're on the right side of the argument.
Last edited by Guburnor on Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please read mod warning in OP
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

Post by 4589236 »

The Dung Dukes are pretty much operating at the very highest levels of the pecking order. A wink, a nod, a seemingly throwaway phrase inserted into a post. It’s all a big laugh for some of them, but they know exactly what they are doing. Finding out who the Paymaster is would reveal a lot I’d say.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:55 am Poor old <SNIP>, he must have pissed in somebody's cornflakes as he has been angling to become a Mod for years and they won't let him join the club.
Well it is probably for not want of asslicking.

They make no bones about it that they want to just kick off people with opposing views by I think the phrase was "deny them oxygen".
So much for a discussion site.

Post by 95438756 »

jmayo wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:53 pm Well it is probably for not want of asslicking.

They make no bones about it that they want to just kick off people with opposing views by I think the phrase was "deny them oxygen".
The same reason in the corporate world the executive suite employ the "Cotton Wool" a level below them. The Cotton Wool have titles like "Information Officer" and are directed by the C - Suite to deal with Public Relations and Media etc.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The “zero refugees” thread is a great example.

A stern warning not to issue personal “so called” anecdotes. Yet you are allowed to call someone a liar and be a dick to them!!!

Hypocrisy corner!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

The landlord is busy with his black paint today on that topic.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:00 pm The “zero refugees” thread is a great example.

A stern warning not to issue personal “so called” anecdotes. Yet you are allowed to call someone a liar and be a dick to them!!!

Hypocrisy corner!!
Hey I got banned on that.
The only comfort was the one I had tried to corner into actually debating rather than just drive by insults got banned in the end as well.
Also two of the greatest proponents of all things beloved eventually got banned as well.
Couldn't be assed trying to find out how they eventually got the ban.

Those threads are kind a certain kind of lunacy.
A certain mod sticks to the literal meaning title of the thread when it suits.
So you are often not allowed to reply to another posters often looney off topic assertions as you are the one seen as going off topic.
And the topic meanders.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

jmayo wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:53 pm Well it is probably for not want of asslicking.

And if this was against posters that were literally calling for violence and preaching hate - again actual hate here, not the tender feelings of a hairy bollocked nutcase in a dress - it could be understood, but the posters they want to "starve of oxygen" are stating absolute objective facts - like maybe Lockdowns were a bad idea, masks aren't so effective etc..
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

The Whistleblower wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:09 am The Dung Dukes are pretty much operating at the very highest levels of the pecking order. A wink, a nod, a seemingly throwaway phrase inserted into a post. It’s all a big laugh for some of them, but they know exactly what they are doing. Finding out who the Paymaster is would reveal a lot I’d say.
By 'paymaster' do you mean a person telling certain posters how to post or one person running lots of accounts?
Jack The Stripper

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:12 pm By 'paymaster' do you mean a person telling certain posters how to post or one person running lots of accounts?
Unless that would be a paying job the thought of that is depressing.
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:55 am Poor old <SNIP>, he must have pissed in somebody's cornflakes as he has been angling to become a Mod for years and they won't let him join the club.
Looks like the name of the person has be snipped but I'm sure I can guess which snivelling rat you are talking about.

I don't believe there are any paymasters involved. It's just a load of ex mods who are protected by their former buddies. United in a mission to rid the site of all independent thought and originality. Or good comedy for that matter. There are more talented writers on this small forum than all the dross on boards.
Last edited by Guburnor on Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please read the OP.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Oh God, the “woke” AH thread.

A moderator who is so clearly biased, writing posts agreeing with another poster that a sexually explicit show is perfectly fine for kids and then banning posters who think (rightly!) that it’s sick!

I feel like I need to shower in bleach after reading the last few pages.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

^^ Yes some new moderator is constantly posting there, clearly trying to dilute the negative comments.

Pathetic, its the only way they can keep it so bloody biased..

Post by 678904673 »

On the Help Desk & Feedback forums there have been a number of threads started complaining about this Mod and their actions. Looks like the new found power may have gone to some ones' head
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:01 am On the Help Desk & Feedback forums there have been a number of threads started complaining about this Mod and their actions. Looks like the new found power may have gone to some ones' head
I just read the Helpdesk post - that mod has zero self awareness!!

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The Gary Lineker thread - discuss his tweets without discussing what the tweet is about or be threadbanned!!!

Oh the jesting!!!

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Waiting for the rugby to start today,I looked in at it,and several threads in a few forums

My god,but it is some mess, of abuse, WUMs,bullshit artists and concern-trolls.....how it got a reputation for excessive moderation is beyond me,it has shit moderation,not excessive moderation is the problem
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Jack The Stripper

I have an imaginary mansion i am great
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Setanta wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:03 pm Waiting for the rugby to start today,I looked in at it,and several threads in a few forums

My god,but it is some mess, of abuse, WUMs,bullshit artists and concern-trolls.....how it got a reputation for excessive moderation is beyond me,it has shit moderation,not excessive moderation is the problem
The rugby forums over there were always full of trolls after an important match and you would swear from some of the posting there today that Ireland had lost the game. How about this from a poster with 10,000+ posts and why would you bother posting in the rugby forum at all with an attitude towards the game like this: "Woohoo...winning a six team tournament where one team invariably finish last. Ten team world cup favourites now!" :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:13 pm The rugby forums over there were always full of trolls after an important match and you would swear from some of the posting there today that Ireland had lost the game. How about this from a poster with 10,000+ posts and why would you bother posting in the rugby forum at all with an attitude towards the game like this: "Woohoo...winning a six team tournament where one team invariably finish last. Ten team world cup favourites now!" :roll:
"where one team invariably finish last". Has he never heard of a league before? What a strange comment to make.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:13 pm The rugby forums over there were always full of trolls after an important match and you would swear from some of the posting there today that Ireland had lost the game. How about this from a poster with 10,000+ posts and why would you bother posting in the rugby forum at all with an attitude towards the game like this: "Woohoo...winning a six team tournament where one team invariably finish last. Ten team world cup favourites now!" :roll:
Who pissed in his cornflakes ??!!