Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Odd Things About You.

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Re: Odd Things About You.

Post by Cyclepath »

Not only do I recycle, but I must ensure that all plastics and cartons are flattened and folded to optimise space in the bin.

We have 16 of each delph and cutlery item so that I can optimise the dishwasher usage. Dirty plastics get chucked in beside the rest of the stuff to wash them before recycling too.

My recycling bin would pass any FSAI or HSPC inspection, and no that's not odd, I'm perfectly normal despite what my wife says on this matter. 😇
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I see now how the law of attraction works - people who are occasionally a bit too casual about recycling marry people who know the future of the earth depends on it.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm sitting in the office here at home and I've noticed that I've put all the books stacked by height, tallest on the left. Also, each shelf has a subject (history, chemistry, maths, engineering).

There's zero fiction books on the shelves
Fratello
Verified Username

Post by Fratello »

I'm quite observant but I have terrible trouble remembering colours. Unless I make an effort to remember or see the car or van a few times I draw a blank when I try remember it.

I gets me because I might remember noticing a spot on a wall but not remember the colour of the gaint van parked beside it. :|
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

That IS odd, Fratello. But join the club. I only know the colour and make of my own car, I'm completely car blind otherwise. I never know a neighbours or friends car even. I couldn't tell you my own registration number. And I often cannot recall where I left my car in the supermarket carpark.
Dec A Wash

Post by Dec A Wash »

I like to know every nook and cranny of my workplace - all the access points, routes, etc. This applies to all my previous workplaces. Likewise, I am always on the lookout for new routes when I am walking around places, and even better if I find a new shortcut.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I have a thing for recalling numbers. I can recall every car reg number I had and the parents had back into the early '80's. I know my bank account numbers off the top of my head, along with the numbers of several relations. I know multiple people's PIN numbers as well as my full credit card numbers (and one or two other people's card numbers)
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

🤯
Dec A Wash

Post by Dec A Wash »

I have been following Steve Conway's A to Z of Great Tracks on 8Radio.com for a few years now, and I try to get it when it is first broadcast on Wednesday evenings.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

isha wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:23 pm I will start off because I am very qualified on this matter.

I hate sitting down on chairs or seats that are still warm from someone else recently sitting there. In fact I almost can't do it. It would have to be an emergency. Like the last seat on an escape dinghy and someone has just shoved over to make room for me.

Over to you.
Same. The thoughts of it makes me feel queasy, other peoples warmth :cry:
I don't keep my toothbrush in the bathroom. It's in a little box in bedroom.
I can't stomach certain kinds of dirt or cleaning especially if it's not mine. For example if I moved in to a new house and it needed a scrub I wouldn't be able to do it.
Unless a dishwasher has washed cups and things then I won't use them.
If I spend a while on my own or just husband and me, I go a bit funny. My world shrinks and become..like an eccentric old lady wearing mismatched pjs with birds nest hair.
When I'm crossing a busy road or changing lanes when driving I experience intrusive thoughts of awfulness.

That's enough for now.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:41 am Same. The thoughts of it makes me feel queasy, other peoples warmth :cry:
I don't keep my toothbrush in the bathroom. It's in a little box in bedroom.
I can't stomach certain kinds of dirt or cleaning especially if it's not mine. For example if I moved in to a new house and it needed a scrub I wouldn't be able to do it.
Unless a dishwasher has washed cups and things then I won't use them.
If I spend a while on my own or just husband and me, I go a bit funny. My world shrinks and become..like an eccentric old lady wearing mismatched pjs with birds nest hair.
When I'm crossing a busy road or changing lanes when driving I experience intrusive thoughts of awfulness.

That's enough for now.
Are you me!!!????
Well, except for the dishwasher.

I get queasy about dirt and germs too. Birds nest hair after a while at home ✔️ I have to make an objective full person check in the mirror before rejoining the world 😊

Here's another - I would want to know and love you well before I eat your homemade jams and preserves. Yup .... I've seen your kitchen and your cooking practices, sir/madam. 👀 Not being mean but I just about trust myself not to cause botulism when I'm making preserves.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I left Boards to get away from weirdoes, now I find they've all migrated here :shock:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Not all - still plenty of them left over there. :mrgreen:
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

marhay70 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:45 am I left Boards to get away from weirdoes, now I find they've all migrated here :shock:
I'll try not to take that personally! :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

marhay70 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:45 am I left Boards to get away from weirdoes, now I find they've all migrated here :shock:
Ah well! Birds of a feather and all that old marhay.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

On the recycling

Option 1 - throw unwashed plastic container with food residue into general waste bin

Option 2 - throw unwashed plastic container with food residue into recycling bin

Surely option 1 is the lesser of two evils?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:00 pm On the recycling

Option 1 - throw unwashed plastic container with food residue into general waste bin

Option 2 - throw unwashed plastic container with food residue into recycling bin

Surely option 1 is the lesser of two evils?
Landfill and create new plastic better again?
Last edited by knownunknown on Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:55 am I'll try not to take that personally! :mrgreen:
Far be it from me to dissuade a man of his opinions. :D
Dec A Wash

Post by Dec A Wash »

I like to hear lesser played hits by artistes on the radio, rather than the usual suspects.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Dec A Wash wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:55 pm I like to hear lesser played hits by artistes on the radio, rather than the usual suspects.
Same here. I have put together lots of "Forgotten" playlists and mixes. For our '80s night (dormant since Covid) we also made sure to not wholly focus on the usual suspects.

Funnily enough, I pitched this idea to my local radio station and they were less than enthusiastic. "Sometimes songs are forgotten for a reason"
Dec A Wash

Post by Dec A Wash »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:22 pm Same here. I have put together lots of "Forgotten" playlists and mixes. For our '80s night (dormant since Covid) we also made sure to not wholly focus on the usual suspects.

Funnily enough, I pitched this idea to my local radio station and they were less than enthusiastic. "Sometimes songs are forgotten for a reason"
And some songs are overplayed and ought to be forgotten about by now!

Post by 95438756 »

Watching snippets of "The Last Of Us" series on YouTube, the more I feel and empathaize with Joel. I'm even his age now, the age he is in the series.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I can remember people I met on holidays in the 1970s and 1980s.
Sometimes having a good memory is a curse.