Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Does a bad experience which happened to you 20 years ago affect your opinion now

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.

Is my attitude

Too Crusty. it was 20 years ago. Givem another go
100%
Right On. These party girls have good jobs now on places like Oz and Canada.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Does a bad experience which happened to you 20 years ago affect your opinion now

Post by 95438756 »

So, 20 years ago around now I was burning annual leave and stayed in the Killarney Great Southern for a few nights.
For much of the stay there was a noisy post mock leaving cert party in an adjacent room all girls.
I made an official complaint but in true Irish style, management didn't give a fuk.
Have you got a memorable experience like that going back the years.
Answer the poll.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Does a bad experience which happened to you 20 years ago affect your opinion now

Post by CelticRambler »

Just to be clear: are you asking whether you should host a party for a group of teenage girls, or thinking of a stay in the Killarney Great Southern? :mrgreen:

Re: Does a bad experience which happened to you 20 years ago affect your opinion now

Post by 95438756 »

Killarney Great Southern Naff then. Naff now? Too long to go to even on the train. Over priced and Over rated.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

You’d right to have knocked on the hotel room door and helicopter them when they opened it.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:48 pm You’d right to have knocked on the hotel room door and helicopter them when they opened it.
User name checks out 👍 ;)
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I was bitten by a dog in an unprovoked attack nearly 40 years ago so I am always wary of them since.

To my eternal regret, the dog was not put down.
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

if I had a bad experience having previously had a good experience, I'd probably give them one more chance. If my first experience with them was bad, they'll be blacklisted with no expiry period and never used again unless I'm really, really desperate.

I remember puking and sh*tting due to a food poisoning outbreak in a particular hotel when I was 12. Nearly 35 years later, I don't believe the hotel is still in operation but if it is - it's on the blacklist.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Back at the start of the 90s, towards the end of an Inter-rail adventure, I had a very bad experience eating "street food" from a vendor in Prague. Very Bad. I've since re-visited the city and rehabilitated that side of the experience, but I have never since bought or eaten anything from a van.

(I will occasionally take a chance on the kind of "street food" that's being sold from a "van" that's about as high-tech-spotlessly-stainless as a Musk rocket and obviously parked up in the relevant market long enough for the local food hygiene inspector to give it the green light)
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Years ago coming out of a Munster final in cork, I got back to my van parked on the quay,with people parked hap-hazardly I couldn't get out until they returned to the car.....took an hour and a half to get out of car park

While minor in greater scheme of things,I have never parked in a car park attending a match since,now I leave hours early to arrive early and get street parking
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

CelticRambler wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:57 pm Back at the start of the 90s, towards the end of an Inter-rail adventure, I had a very bad experience eating "street food" from a vendor in Prague. Very Bad.
Scutter?
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:44 pmScutter?
Like you wouldn't believe. :shock:

From both ends ... :?

And I was staying in a hostel that night, where the toilets were down the corridor, and when the gurgling started, I discovered that the bedroom door had jammed stuck. :x
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

CelticRambler wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:50 pm Like you wouldn't believe. :shock:

From both ends ... :?

And I was staying in a hostel that night, where the toilets were down the corridor, and when the gurgling started, I discovered that the bedroom door had jammed stuck. :x
You need to post over on the sh**ting thread on planks ! :D
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

The PTSD is bad enough on its own, without a daily dose of everyone else's movements! :mrgreen: