Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Is this the (arm) pits or not?

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Calahonda52
Verified Username

Is this the (arm) pits or not?

Post by Calahonda52 »

isha
Verified Username

Re: Is this the (arm) pits or not?

Post by isha »

It's grand. People are weird about body hair. If we were all castaway on a desert island, men would still love women even if they had moustaches. 8-)
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 678904673 »

isha wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:16 pm It's grand. People are weird about body hair. If we were all castaway on a desert island, men would still love women even if they had moustaches. 8-)
Speak for yourself:)
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:19 pm Speak for yourself:)
Every single female castaway on a desert island would grow body hair. Are you telling me you would be a celibate because of that? How the heck did the human species survive til now?

Post by 678904673 »

isha wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:38 pm Every single female castaway on a desert island would grow body hair. Are you telling me you would be a celibate because of that? How the heck did the human species survive til now?
I have my standards. And if you dont like those, I have others :D
Last edited by 678904673 on Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

The hairier the better.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

As long as everything else is in the right place in wouldn't cost me a thought. In fact I'd probably be happier, if I was a young man today, if the object of my desires had body hair because you could be reasonably certain that it was the one bit of them that was genuine.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I'm fine with Rachel McAdams. Armpit hair or not. She would deffo get a slice.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I recently saw a guy making fart noises with his armpit.

Great to see. 1982 all over again.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Ffs. Entertainment news is beyond vapid, let alone non stories like this.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:43 pm I recently saw a guy making fart noises with his armpit.

Great to see. 1982 all over again.
1972!
'no more blah blah blah'
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

isha wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:38 pm Every single female castaway on a desert island would grow body hair. Are you telling me you would be a celibate because of that? How the heck did the human species survive til now?
If you wanted to keep it neat, there'd have to be some sort of sharp seashells knocking about a desert island, that could be carefully fashioned for trimming away any superfluous hair.
I wouldn't be into 'extreme hirsutism' (which let's face it . .can be a bit of a mouthful) and whilst I do find female body hair attractive, I wouldn't beat around the bush when it comes to keeping ones own body hair trimmed and tidy.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Just like to take a moment of silence in solidarity with my castaway sisters trimming their landing strips with sharpened seashells 🥺

Anyway each to their own. I'm not a hairy monster and I do take the Brillo pad to the back of me winter heels at the first sign of Spring 💪

Just to say I find hair removal in men has jumped the shark too. Like WTF, men with hairless legs and waxed chests. Unless you are truly Magilla the Gorilla you are grand as you are 👍
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Thinking about this, I lived for a good few years in Europe while young. They just don't or didn't have the same tastes as here, I think it is what makes me resilient to oompa loompa foundation, scary eyebrows and feeling repulsed by every body hair that appears from the eyebrows down. Meh 🤷
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:09 amJust to say I find hair removal in men has jumped the shark too. Like WTF, men with hairless legs and waxed chests. Unless you are truly Magilla the Gorilla you are grand as you are 👍
I first became aware of the concept of men shaving their legs when a wannabee racing cyclist explained that he (and his kind) did it because it made it a lot easier to treat the many and inevitable cuts, grazes and other scabogenic injuries they'd receive in the course of a weekends falling off bikes. Similarly, the competitive swimmers said a chest fully manly hair was all very well, but would add a few milliseconds worth of drag to ones aquatic performance, so it had to go.

The trad/folk dancefloors of France (and especially those closer to the Swiss and German borders) are well populated by women sporting hairy arms, armpits and upper lips. Not sure about the legs, as they're usually covered up. :mrgreen:
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

isha wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:15 am Thinking about this, I lived for a good few years in Europe while young. They just don't or didn't have the same tastes as here, I think it is what makes me resilient to oompa loompa foundation, scary eyebrows and feeling repulsed by every body hair that appears from the eyebrows down. Meh 🤷
I recall the hullabaloo in the media att, when German singer Nena (of the 99 red balloons song), revealed her unshaven armpits to the public on TOTP'S. She'd get annoyed in every interview after that, for all the questions focusing on her hairy armpits.