Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

None of ye noticed ... but I'll tell ye anyway.

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: None of ye noticed ... but I'll tell ye anyway.

Post by CelticRambler »

kadman wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:45 pm Dont encourage him Del....................we need to know did he manage to court the french lass he was after. Maybe thats why he has been away :D
Well, first off she's not French - doesn't even speak the lingo! (that should surely be a point in her favour, in your book :P ) ... and no, that's no why I've been away, but I should have been away chasing her all weekend. Only I wasn't. :cry:

The plan was to get myself a month's contract over thataway, starting about now - so I could go to a festival in Strasbourg where we'd tentatively agreed (back in November) to try and meet up at the weekend; and then I'd have several weeks in which to try to arrange one or more old-style dates, like coffee after work or a walk in the woods or whatever.

But the cushy job I was hoping for didn't materialise, all the alternatives are multi-month offers with a view to permanency (feck that, I'm trying to retire :roll: ) and taking a week out of my renovation routine aswell as a big fistful of euros out of my renovation piggybank in the hope that yerwan would turn up in Strasbourg ...

So I kept my dancing adventures very local, managed to pick up a bad dose of flu/covid/RSV at one of them and lost a week's renovation anyhow; but also decided that I need to thoroughly review both my salaried working arrangements and my too-numerous house-and-garden projects so that I can actually have time to go chasing after sexy Czech fiddlers.

Even if I don't get over to Alsace in the next few months, there's still a reasonable chance she'll turn up at my festival in July, by which time I should have put manners on my chaotic lifestyle and be in a better position to plan things more productively. After that, the next opportunity will be in October, back where it all began in a barn on the Swiss border! :mrgreen:
Adso_of_Melk

Re: None of ye noticed ... but I'll tell ye anyway.

Post by Adso_of_Melk »

Sounds wonderful !
Best of luck!

Did I ever tell you of the night of sinful passion I had in a monastery in the north of Italy ?

My master is not happy about it ...