Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Bidets 🍑

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
isha
Verified Username

Bidets 🍑

Post by isha »

I have travelled a lot and coped with many toileting arrangements including happily using the Indian water cleaning method which deploys jugs of water or a hose on the πŸ‘

This is an embarrassing announcement but . ..I have never used a bidet.

How hard can it be, I think, as I look through pictures of my various Italian hotels. Yerra sure I'll Google it ....just to be sure.

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Bidet

Now I have more questions than answers and I am a bit discombobulated. 😳

Facing TOWARDS the taps?
Some FILL with water instead of jets?? 😯
Sometimes there's a towel hanging beside them to dry your πŸ‘???? Seriously, a shared πŸ‘ towel!!!

Have you got experience? Et Tu, Bidet?
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Bidets 🍑

Post by kadman »

Karcher power washer :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Like, if some bidets fill with water instead of using jets and people use their hands to scrub their πŸ‘ this gives rise to all sorts of questions....
What happens if water drips off their fingers to the floor as they reach for the loo roll? What if the loo roll is not on a holder and they are lifting the roll using their fingers on the inside of the roll that have just been scrubbing their πŸ‘. What happens after they pull the plug? Do they clean the πŸ‘ sink thoroughly before leaving because that's effectively what it is...a πŸ‘ sink?
I don't like all of these questions or thoughts.

🀒
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I have also never used a bidet and the very thoughts of them make me feel a little queasy. Are they used instead of wiping I wonder?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:07 pm I have also never used a bidet and the very thoughts of them make me feel a little queasy. Are they used instead of wiping I wonder?
Wikihow tells me one can wipe and bidet, or simply bidet. 😯

Yes, I've been imagining people doing the crab walk from toilet to bidet with an unwiped πŸ‘.

All rather unexpected and shocking.
My husband has pointed out what if a guest to ones bathroom preferred the look of the lovely fluffy hand towel instead of the designated πŸ‘ towel to dry their πŸ‘? πŸ₯Ί
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

The mention of bidets brings to mind a story from way back when I was a beer guzzling nipper, out on a session.
I bumped into a few lads I was working with on demolition, and the beer and whisky started to flow. I noticed one of the lads had no socks under his shoes, and when i asked what happened to his socks, the rest of the troupe burst into thunderous laughter.

When they recovered they explained that the said fellow, kieran, needed to make a trip to the "jacks", due to his over eager indulgence of numerous pints of the black stuff, in the last establishment . Upon his return from the loo, the lads asked him what happened to his socks. Nothing he said" here they are" and pulled them from his pocket.

And continued to explain that there was no loo paper, so he had to use his socks to wipe his scuttery arse.
Of course the lads ran for the door, with him in hot persuit shouting " its nay bother lads.......the mudda will wash them out with a bit of Daz in the morning." :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He could have washed them in the bidet if they had one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Can CR tell us if Bidet is a posh french word for bum wash :D
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Bum sink, please. Bidet is for snobs.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Does this confuse things more.....

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Problem solved, so long as the towel is only used to wipe your clean hands and nothing else ;)
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I am surpised that CR didn't call in to tell us how the frenchies use dock leaves out in the woods
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I think he is traveling, if I recall.

That video was useful Quodec. Bidets are more complicated to use than I had suspected. I still think someone confusing the βœ‹ towel and the πŸ‘ towel is a distinct possibility. Which could lead to a serious distrust of all towels.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Ugh I've just also thought about the soap in the video. Fine if people lather their hand but what if they use the soap directly 😳
Leg End Reject
Verified Username

Post by Leg End Reject »

I would love a bidet or a bum gun.

Think about it - using dry toilet paper to smear one's own excretions around the evacuation zone. 🀒

No bars of soap allowed and a stack of face cloths would allow each person to dry themselves without sharing a towel. These would be boil washed.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Another epic thread started by isha! She’s gold and we need to keep her!!!!!!!!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Leg End Reject wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:33 pm I would love a bidet or a bum gun.

Think about it - using dry toilet paper to smear one's own excretions around the evacuation zone. 🀒

No bars of soap allowed and a stack of face cloths would allow each person to dry themselves without sharing a towel. These would be boil washed.

The stack of one use facecloths idea is good.
I wonder why we took on croissants and baguettes so readily here but have stubbornly resisted le bidet?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

quodec wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:32 pm Another epic thread started by isha! She’s gold and we need to keep her!!!!!!!!
In fairness I have shown little sign of bolting.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

quodec wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:32 pm Another epic thread started by isha! She’s gold and we need to keep her!!!!!!!!
I had always pictured Isha as a refined, elegant, lady like figure. :shock:

But the fact that she has introduced the act of bodily ablutions to gubu.............just goes to prove she is just a commoner, and should be banished downstairs to the servants quarters, along with the rest of us commoners.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm trying to broaden my range of experience and continental bidets are surely posh, no?