Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Traditional forums that are still going in Ireland (excluding "planks")

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
John

Traditional forums that are still going in Ireland (excluding "planks")

Post by John »

Politics.ie and askaboutmoney are the only two that I'd know well, P.ie seems to be ticking over ok with posts all things considered but I've no idea who owns/runs it nowadays. I always found the askaboutmoney owner to be a bit of a jerk but I found the place ok until 20 when any posts quesioning government covid policy would get deleted.
knownunknown

Re: Traditional forums that are still going in Ireland (excluding "planks")

Post by knownunknown »

People’s republic of cork was another one I came across a few times.

There was also that forum for recluses and loners but I don’t think they advertised very well. :lol: (/joke)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Here's another forum that has lasted well and continues to be quite busy https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/ Even here there can be some 'derailing' of discussions. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

John wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:06 pm Politics.ie and askaboutmoney are the only two that I'd know well, P.ie seems to be ticking over ok with posts all things considered but I've no idea who owns/runs it nowadays. I always found the askaboutmoney owner to be a bit of a jerk but I found the place ok until 20 when any posts quesioning government covid policy would get deleted.
Obviously you didnt know much about Askaboutmoney back during the construction bubble.
Posts and posters questioning it very not welcome.
Of course owner famously went on 61 news to tell people to go out and buy boot loads of Irish bank shares as the banks were going into liquidation.

Can't remember seeing anyone being publicly so wrong about anything.

thepropertypin.ie was another forum that much like gubu.ie grew out of a breakaway.
John

Post by John »

jmayo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:55 pm Obviously you didnt know much about Askaboutmoney back during the construction bubble.
Posts and posters questioning it very not welcome.
Of course owner famously went on 61 news to tell people to go out and buy boot loads of Irish bank shares as the banks were going into liquidation.

Can't remember seeing anyone being publicly so wrong about anything.

thepropertypin.ie was another forum that much like gubu.ie grew out of a breakaway.
Now that you mention it, I remember reading that about askaboutmoney before alright but I basically only came online in about 2010, I'm only a child compared to most forum users 😁