Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

What are you drinking right now

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
dawg

Re: What are you drinking right now

Post by dawg »

Grapefruit juice
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

A pale ale from Aldi called Roadworks. Its nice so I'm going to have another one.

Post by 765489 »

A large glass of Supervalu own brand blackberry and cranberry juice. Unfortunately there is no beer. :(

Post by 765489 »

dawg wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:58 pmGrapefruit juice
I hope that grapefruit didn't kill you dawg. You haven't been seen since that post.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Tesco apple juice.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

A can of coke, the full fat variety.....

Shoot me I know it's unhealthy.

I'm also eating an Easter egg
Frank

Post by Frank »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:19 pm A can of coke, the full fat variety.....

Shoot me I know it's unhealthy.

I'm also eating an Easter egg
I had an Easter egg yesterday. A great surprise.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

One of my 4 pints of water with some Aldi cordial!!

But fast forward to 5pm and it'll be Absolut and Cranberry baby!!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I had a NEIPA from Barnhammer Brewing last night. But RN I'm drinking water. About to go get a coffee from the work canteen.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

I very rarely drink rosé, but today's one of those rare occasions. No particular reason, other than there was a bottle on shelf in Lidl calling to me when I did the shopping this morning. Côtes de Roussillon 2020, 2.29€ and not too bad. Now what can I have with it ... ?

Post by 765489 »

Thatchers Cider and a pizza.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Back to Belvoir ginger beer tonight. It's very refreshing and half the price of Cronin's cider and I am on an economy drive as Paddy Power has not been kind to me - again! :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

A can of Brewdog IPA.

Post by 765489 »

A can of British Cider - Westons Cider Mill

I can't really determine the taste correctly as I've had 4 centra chocolate biscuit bars and a bag of mixed fizzy sweets.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Coffee… always coffee

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:00 pm A can of British Cider - Westons Cider Mill

I can't really determine the taste correctly as I've had 4 centra chocolate biscuit bars and a bag of mixed fizzy sweets.
4 Centra chocolate biscuit bars. Stop. I'm trying to avoid opening the ginormous bar of Lindt I bought. When it comes to sugar however I am a weak woman.

Post by 765489 »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:29 pm 4 Centra chocolate biscuit bars. Stop. I'm trying to avoid opening the ginormous bar of Lindt I bought. When it comes to sugar however I am a weak woman.
Well it won't eat itself D.

No harm having a treat every now and then :D
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:37 pm Well it won't eat itself D.

No harm having a treat every now and then :D
Nc I have treats everyday. I do say 'oh don't be eating that' but then I do and I'm happy 😁

Post by 765489 »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:28 pm Coffee… always coffee
I don't think there is a time in the day where I dont have coffee close by. Even having that can of cider I still have a cup of coffee ready when the can is finished :mrgreen:
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Well if you put all the sugar into the coffee, I mean keep going until the spoon stands up straight like I do, then you don’t need to have the treats as well ;)
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm allergic to coffee. My body cannot tolerate even one taste. My jaws instantly seize and I get terrible rolling fear from adrenaline surges that don't stop for hours. It's fairly manky. But I love the smell of coffee. And live with serious coffeeaholics. My husband and oldest son say they go to bed looking forward to their morning coffee. Although they are also pretty strict about not drinking it past a certain time.

I am a bit sad I can't drink it but I remember reading a quote in an old battered book I found on Ayurveda years ago. It said all the health benefits of coffee are in the smelling of it and then drinking it destroys the benefits. That's not going to be a popular thought among you coffee fiends, but it helps me... and that's all that matters 😛

Caffeine intolerance is supposedly linked to CYP1A2 gene. This gene plays a role in xenobiotic processing. It's also associated with porphyria for which one of my children has received a diagnosis. It's hereditary and likely from me, though thankfully both of us have very mild symptoms if they ever arise. It's not something that affects us. Then again both of us are really careful with substances and fairly careful with diet and rest. It's one of the reasons I refused the covid shots, I don't tolerate any medication well. Except herbs.

Anyway long sad story short I only drink herbal tea. 😔 Bohhhh-wing!!
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

A glass of passion fruit martini 😆 I'm off work on account of 'my nerves' so am treating the days and nights a bit like a holiday. Now if I could stop hearing the wind in my ear I'd be settled.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

I like herbal teas too Isha. I bought two boxes yesterday, Celestial Seasonings 'Tension Tamer' infusion and Yogi 'Relax'. They are nice but I'm not sure about the claims of zen like tranquility, still no harm though.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:15 pm I'm allergic to coffee. My body cannot tolerate even one taste. My jaws instantly seize and I get terrible rolling fear from adrenaline surges that don't stop for hours. It's fairly manky. But I love the smell of coffee. And live with serious coffeeaholics. My husband and oldest son say they go to bed looking forward to their morning coffee. Although they are also pretty strict about not drinking it past a certain time.

I am a bit sad I can't drink it but I remember reading a quote in an old battered book I found on Ayurveda years ago. It said all the health benefits of coffee are in the smelling of it and then drinking it destroys the benefits. That's not going to be a popular thought among you coffee fiends, but it helps me... and that's all that matters 😛

Caffeine intolerance is supposedly linked to CYP1A2 gene. This gene plays a role in xenobiotic processing. It's also associated with porphyria for which one of my children has received a diagnosis. It's hereditary and likely from me, though thankfully both of us have very mild symptoms if they ever arise. It's not something that affects us. Then again both of us are really careful with substances and fairly careful with diet and rest. It's one of the reasons I refused the covid shots, I don't tolerate any medication well. Except herbs.

Anyway long sad story short I only drink herbal tea. 😔 Bohhhh-wing!!
Sorry to hear that, coffee is an elixir sent from the gods. I’m intolerant to alcohol if that makes you feel any better. I think it’s genetic, the Asian flush it’s called. If I have even one I get all red and feel like shit!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:39 am Sorry to hear that, coffee is an elixir sent from the gods. I’m intolerant to alcohol if that makes you feel any better. I think it’s genetic, the Asian flush it’s called. If I have even one I get all red and feel like shit!
😂 I have that too. Completely red in a flush, like an allergic reaction. And feel horrible. It's a pain. I'm waiting til I'm older to see if DMT and mushrooms suit me, I've too much I want to do now and I don't want to lose my tiny mind yet. 👍
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...