Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Unpopular Opinions

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
GoldenBrown

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Post by GoldenBrown »

Uncle Frank wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:10 pm Conor McGregor must be on his uppers as well

:lol:
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Uncle Frank wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:10 pm Conor McGregor must be on his uppers as well

:lol:
To me he looks like one of the radicalised Europeans recently after joining ISIS......
Séimhe

Post by Séimhe »

Here's another one: Wedding speeches are hilarious a lot of the time. Just got back from one yesterday and they had the whole room in stitches with both the prepared speeches and the smart Alec comebacks from some of the guests.
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Looking back on Obama's presidency with the benefit of hindsight I can see that he was very photogenic and knew how to strike dynamic and dramatic poses for the camera to make himself look like a real go-getter, but that was it: he just kept the status quo going and despite the massive hype and sense of optimism when he was elected, like all the previous presidents going back to LBJ he hasn't really done anything positive and lasting for the american people.

Post by 95438756 »

The Toy Section in Dealz (Poundland) has become a shyte poor version of SMYTHS. Utter poo. Shop online instead, really even for your little cars and dollys.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I dunno how unpopular this opinion is but I really dislike purchased costumes. Like for Halloween. I hate that they exist and I hate that people will spend money on them and I hate that people make money selling them. They are never good. They are always terrible. Poor quality. Use once and never again. Total waste.
I like to come up with an idea myself. Think about what it should look like. Scramble together the materials I need, only buying things I need but don't have. Spending the time cutting, sticking, painting, pinning, stitching (If I really have to) and wearing the costume.
Simply buying a costume means you know how to get dressed. Big whup! Congrats on that.

Post by 95438756 »

^^^^ this has bled into Chrimbo. You can buy "tee-shirt s" in Dealz saying "jingle bells" which are only designed for 2 to 3 wears max and then they look shit. You are wearing shit.
Buy them now in your local Dealz. Yay.

Post by 95438756 »

RTE Television and Radio really should invest in automation for the 2 weeks of Christmas.
For both services the only human service should be news and weather.
For TV have the DVD / Blu-ray machine fully functional For the older video tapes, the big big video player
For radio for older songs, the aul vinyl record player JUKE BOX will do the job,
Make space for ad breaks as well on both tv and radio, no one will notice the movie cut short or the song ending early

SORTED
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Coldplay are a great singles band. I made this compilation for my iTunes a few years back.

Post by 95438756 »

The people in charge of 2FM should be reading this thread, as well as the radio forum.

They might learn something on here as opposed to boards.ie