Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
DeletedUser

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:30 pm I used to think I was becoming wiser and kinder and more stoic as I grow older but a month of constant pain and movement limitation with a torn ligament has me waking up plotting ways I can become an ever meaner bitch.
I feel your pain - I'm generally a bundle of hugs and puppies (stop sniggering at the back!!) but when my hip was bad I was like every Bond villain combined!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 678904673 »

Parents who treat pubs as a creche for their kids
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:02 am Parents who treat pubs as a creche for their kids
And pubs who allow their place to be used as a creche in the late hours.
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

kadman wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:04 am And pubs who allow their place to be used as a creche in the late hours.
Does my head in.
You be tempted to give the lil feckers an elbow in the head as they run around and the kids are annoying also 🤣🤣

Post by 678904673 »

kadman wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:04 am And pubs who allow their place to be used as a creche in the late hours.
I experienced this yesterday. Bringing kids into a pub for a meal, fine. But the place I was in you'd be lucky to get a packet of crisps. I've never understood why parents bring kids into these kind of pubs. To be fair to the bar staff they eventually had a word with the parents. I don't know what was said but they left shortly afterwards and didn't seem too happy about. But the rest of us punters were delighted :D
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Taking part in the mini marathon yesterday and rightly roads are closed.

Having to dodge fcking cyclists in the last few km was both annoying and fcking dangerous!!!

Can you not be selfish cnuts for a few hours in one day ??? Ffs.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:02 am Parents who treat pubs as a creche for their kids
Don’t fcking get me started!!!! They should be covered in jam and thrown to fire ants.

Post by 678904673 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:20 pm Taking part in the mini marathon yesterday and rightly roads are closed.

Having to dodge fcking cyclists in the last few km was both annoying and fcking dangerous!!!

Can you not be selfish cnuts for a few hours in one day ??? Ffs.
Sure cyclists can do no wrong. It's always someone else's fault
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:22 pm Don’t fcking get me started!!!! They should be covered in jam and thrown to fire ants.
Servres you and the organisers right for closing roads where cyclists might want to be. :roll:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:27 pm Sure cyclists can do no wrong. It's always someone else's fault
Every last time - I yelled at one and the Garda next to the barrier said nothing. They are untouchable.

Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

I'm alright with cyclists cos I'm on a motorbike and I make an effort to swerve around them and almost go on the other side of the road. Still doesn't seem to be happy for some of them at times , so a "friend" of mine will just drop a gear and elbow rub em. Awful carry on
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Massive congratulations for taking part in a mini marathon, Plane. Brilliant!
My knees are green with envy!
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:17 pm Massive congratulations for taking part in a mini marathon, Plane. Brilliant!
My knees are green with envy!
Cheers Ish - my hip is slathered with arnica gel lol!!!!

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Seanybiker wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:50 pm I'm alright with cyclists cos I'm on a motorbike and I make an effort to swerve around them and almost go on the other side of the road. Still doesn't seem to be happy for some of them at times , so a "friend" of mine will just drop a gear and elbow rub em. Awful carry on
I’d like your “friend” …!!!

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Maybe we can have open season on cyclists after pheasant season
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

kadman wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:52 pm Maybe we can have open season on cyclists after pheasant season
The ones who obey the rules are ok - you break one red,Mount the pavement or generally act the dick and yep I’m game for that!

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

A while back my husband myself had a few midweek drinks in a local pub. There were a few families having dinner, some women in pairs, couples, men having a pint after work. Very low key and relaxed. Until.

A woman dressed in a pair of hot pink yoga pants, teeny top and inflated lips arrived in pushing a little light buggy yoke with a very small baby inside and a crying toddler swinging under her arm. Lookit I try to keep my judgements to a minimum but they were firing on all cylinders at that point.

She joined some other women who had small kids and they and her little one disappeared to another part of the pub while the adults had their drinks. These were teeny under 4s just wondering about the place before finding a seat all of their own. The girls working on the floor were sitting with them and keeping an eye.

Eventually one of the "adults" copped on and sought out the kids and gathered them up. It was bonkers. The toddlers were no bother but imagine not having them in your sight and if they did see then being ok with the staff looking after them.
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

Here's a new one I didn't even know existed. It doesn't affect me but it does my mother.

She lost a hearing aid a while back so is waiting for a replacement pair. At the moment she has a "loaner" pair from the shop.

She has been giving out about them the last few days being noisy.

My sister has had hearing aids all her life and sometimes I can here the whistling noise so I presumed that's what my mother was hearing .

Nope. Sitting down beside mam yesterday and I heard a fecking ringtone sound and mentioned to mam and my sister that one of their phones where ringing.

Turns out it's not a whistle that mam can hear, it's an actual ringtone type sound.

I checked her phone to see was the hearing aid connected to it because I know that can be done. Nope , Bluetooth was off. Checked my phone just in case. Nope , was off.

That must be extremely annoying and irritating. Do I win a toaster or anything ?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The day has arrived. We have ran out of fodge. Am I even an adult? I thought he had bought some and he thought I had a big stock in the hotpress.

When stupid stuff like this happens I console myself by thinking there has to be balance in the universe between smart and silly, and I'm just doing my bit for balance.

Don't worry friends, we have some stock of car fodge to fall back on and I'm going to the shop this evening! We are not yet reduced to dock leaves.
👍👍
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

(*fodge - an explanation in case it is perhaps too niche a word for lavatory paper supplies. It comes from boarding school 👍)
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The 👍👍👍👍 emoji kind of looks like toilet paper. The gods are teasing me.

Ok. That's enough of me contributing to the silly side of the universe for one day. (👍)
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND 12 DOUBLE ROLLS UNDER A STACK OF TOWELS IN THE HOT PRESS!!!! IM AN ADULT AFTER ALL!!!!😎🥳🤩
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Im being micromanaged by someone o know better than, having elements of my work taken off me to be given to someone who fucked rhem up and I am fcking pissed off.

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:22 am OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND 12 DOUBLE ROLLS UNDER A STACK OF TOWELS IN THE HOT PRESS!!!!
isha wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:14 am... he thought I had a big stock in the hotpress.
Juxtaposing these two snippets so that archaeologists of the future will have proof that, on at least one occasion in human history, a "he" was right. :mrgreen:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Haha 😂