Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by Del.Monte »

Being internet-less for half the day yesterday due to my ancient DELL laptop getting ever nearer to the end of the road. I wanted to punch the wretched thing.... :x :x
'no more blah blah blah'
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:07 am Being internet-less for half the day yesterday due to my ancient DELL laptop getting ever nearer to the end of the road. I wanted to punch the wretched thing.... :x :x
I was without a laptop from 14 October to 4 November - three full weeks.
Motherboard issues, parts needed to be sourced so it was in the repair shop all that time.
Having to use my phone for browsing during that time was torture.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Timewasters on Adverts,ie that get you to pull out all sorts of items for them, agree a price and then ask for bank details.......all my Ads clearly state PayPal. If I could reach down the internet I would like to strangle the time wasting bastard tonight. Johnny Foreigner too.... :mrgreen:

In fairness it's a First World problem and I could be in the Ukraine or Gaza or Israel....
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

:evil: Fekking French "customer service". :evil:

Received a text about an hour ago, informing me that one of my trains tomorrow - the critical one - has been cancelled. "Follow the steps in the e-mail we've sent you to see what solutions we can offer".

They haven't sent any e-mail. No, of course they haven't. :evil: Apart from all the spammy e-mails I've been getting every day this week "Do you want to increase your baggage allowance?" "Can we suggest things to do in the place you're passing through?" "Would you like to hire a car" ... "Have you had a last-minute change of mind and would like to re-sell your ticket?"

No to all of the above, I just want to get on the fekkin train tomorrow and enjoy a few hours looking out of my carefully chosen window seat. :evil:

Their website is equally shyte: oh look, my train is marked as "cancelled". Great, what now? Buuuuuuuuhhhhhh ... Even their stupid bot doesn't know what to do.

Fortunately, that particular train was my second choice - being only 55€ with a change in Strasbourg, and a half-hour metro trip across Paris to get to the departure station. The nicer journey is a short walk across the Seine and direct to Basel, for three times the price. But that's the one I'll be getting on tomorrow, whether they like it or not. :evil:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Ah FFS. Just received another spammy e-mail from them, inviting me to pay extra for additional leg-room, or for more baggage, citing my booking reference and the journey details. That'd be the journey that's been cancelled. FFS. :evil:
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I'm doing a bit of training. The content is interesting but the delivery isn't. We have been given homework and this morning I was interrogated about whether I have the material printed. I do not because I have a laptop a monitor and a phone. That's good enough for me.
And don't ask me to read aloud. I'm well able but I'd rather not.

Homework though :| It's technical psych stuff that requires no understanding of feelings but instead logic and sums. Why oh why do I try to put myself in to a box I do not fit in.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

I got into the bed tonight and without even thinking about putting an extra strain on it or the missus, one leg on the poxy thing collapsed.

IKEA. I’ll be in the car tomorrow to go pick up what I need to make a bed for us instead of repairing this Swedish rubbish.

I’m typing this now with the bed pushed to the wall and a stack of books keeping it on an even keel.

My thanks to the following authors and publishers for a forthcoming good nights sleep 😁
IMG_2023-11-10-014258.jpeg
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I just find it inexplicable how I have so many lunch boxes and so many lids and none of them match!!
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 678904673 »

isha wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:18 am I just find it inexplicable how I have so many lunch boxes and so many lids and none of them match!!
I have an entire press of mis-matching boxes and lids. I haven't open it in a while and am now at the stage where I pretend that it doesnt exist :lol:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

CelticRambler wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:21 pm Ah FFS. Just received another spammy e-mail from them, inviting me to pay extra for additional leg-room, or for more baggage, citing my booking reference and the journey details. That'd be the journey that's been cancelled. FFS. :evil:
Hopefully you have safely arrived.

I booked a flight with Aeroitalia a few months ago. Thus far I have received four "cambio orario" emails, changing the departure time of the flight. How close to anxiety are they hoping to bring me before the day I actually fly with them hoping to make the connection flight? 😐 Is this an Italian thing? PUA by keeping her nervous? 😁 You scamps.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:30 am Hopefully you have safely arrived.
Arrived, and on my way home. Have learnt in the process that "Ouigo" is SNCF's bastard child, with a customer service that makes Ryanair look positively personal and sympathetic. :x

A refund fight is added to the week's To Do list, once I've completed the last leg of my journey and had a full night's sleep.

Post by 678904673 »

I was waiting on a bus this afternoon. There was about 4 or 5 people at the stop. The bus pulls up. We all start to get on when a women charges in front of everyone so she can be first on. A: where the hell was her manners & B: what was the god damn rush. It was the first stop and not a soul on the bus
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

🤬 FFS. Am in Charles de Gaulle airport waiting for my flight to Dublin, and they're playing fekkin Christmas carols on the PA system. 😡🤬
quodec

Post by quodec »

CelticRambler wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:01 am 🤬 FFS. Am in Charles de Gaulle airport waiting for my flight to Dublin, and they're playing fekkin Christmas carols on the PA system. 😡🤬
Jingle Bells?

Post by 678904673 »

quodec wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:54 amJingle Bells?
Some years ago I was roped into going to my Nephew's Christmas Carol concert inthe Gaeilscoil he attended. Try sitting through Jingle Bells sung very out of tune in reddy voices in Irish 5/6 times in a row :x
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

quodec wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:54 amJingle Bells?
That might have been the only one they didn't play. Otherwise, the full catalogue of Christmas classics. :evil:
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Running a fever of 38.7 here earlier today (pushing 102 in old money), shivers, aches and generally feeling like crap. Flu. Just the regular seasonal variety.

Slept for 15 hours last night, 12 the night before.

Nothing to be done except fluids and rest, but by jaysus that's an awful annoyance to a fellas who's usually fairly busy and active.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

When cars are spaced just so that makes it near impossible to safely turn or cross. And then a spot opens up that would have been enough but you hesitate and then you doubt yourself and the gap gets smaller and then you know you could have went even after the 1st doubt but the second doubt sealed it and you need to sit and wait for another opening. And one lane going one way opens but the other is chock full. Then as the full lane looks like it's going to open, traffic coming the other way blocks you. And you sit.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

People who offer half your asking price for something when your asking price is half what it costs new, and it’s like new.

Even worse is the clowns who continue and tell you they’ll pay in cash when it’s a private sale anyway and I’d prefer the money in the bank thanks.

Even worse again when they tell you they’ll have the cash waiting if you change your mind.

I’d rather weigh it for scrap or give it away than sell it to the arseholes at that stage. Offering what a man would only sell it for if he’s stolen it. Go and sheite.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

JayZeus wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:58 am People who offer half your asking price for something when your asking price is half what it costs new, and it’s like new.

Even worse is the clowns who continue and tell you they’ll pay in cash when it’s a private sale anyway and I’d prefer the money in the bank thanks.

Even worse again when they tell you they’ll have the cash waiting if you change your mind.

I’d rather weigh it for scrap or give it away than sell it to the arseholes at that stage. Offering what a man would only sell it for if he’s stolen it. Go and sheite.
Totally agree, and to top it off they try to give you the impression that they are actually doing you a favour taking it from you at all. But the final straw for me is they start to cry over having to travel 10 mile down the road to collect it from you, and then look for petrol money.

Donedeal is mind numbing using it, it should be re named muppet central.ie
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:30 pm Timewasters on Adverts,ie that get you to pull out all sorts of items for them, agree a price and then ask for bank details.......all my Ads clearly state PayPal. If I could reach down the internet I would like to strangle the time wasting bastard tonight. Johnny Foreigner too.... :mrgreen:

In fairness it's a First World problem and I could be in the Ukraine or Gaza or Israel....
Tonight a different type of timewaster that I decided just to ignore. I posted a large quantity of sealed DVDs on Adverts today - all at bargain basement prices - and this lad offers me 45% less than the asking price for a box set already being given away. He went to say that he would be in Enniscorthy tomorrow - Christmas Day - and could collect. Shure we might as well set another place at the table. :roll:

Anyway he is beyond the pale with almost 20% negative feedback. His number of comments is also a good indicator that he's a serial messer. What does anyone think?

'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 6234567 »

I was reversing into a parking space earlier.
Unreal skills, yes I know.
Anyway a car arrives and drives around and behind me instead of just waiting the few seconds.
I had to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting them.
F'n relax dude it's not F1 testing.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

kadman wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:59 am Totally agree, and to top it off they try to give you the impression that they are actually doing you a favour taking it from you at all. But the final straw for me is they start to cry over having to travel 10 mile down the road to collect it from you, and then look for petrol money.

Donedeal is mind numbing using it, it should be re named muppet central.ie
Or did you ever get the "Giz 20 back for luck!"

Good thing I don't believe in luck.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:57 pm Or did you ever get the "Giz 20 back for luck!"

Good thing I don't believe in luck.
O indeed I did. Funny thing is I have always given a good luck penny on any donedeal transaction. Its a sort of family thing.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Nothing original, but still as annoying as ever. I asked for an eBay order to be delivered to SonNo.2 in Liverpool (Brexit tax avoidance measure :roll: ) and the seller happily obliged. Sent the parcel express yesterday, via ParcelForce. Myself and Son were tracking it and very pleased to see that it was marked "out for delivery" this morning - Son is working from home today. This afternoon, its status inexplicably reverted to "Collected [from sender]" ... and this evening, it was updated to "Addressee requested a later delivery date". :evil:

The feckers didn't even have the courtesy to push a "we tried to deliver" note under Son's door. :evil: