Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:48 pm Sounds like a main bathroom in my house.
I ended up laying the carpet, well, because there was nobody else to do it. Did an okay job, suppose, for someone who never laid a carpet before.
Was the carpet a woman's idea by any chance? 8-)

I was left to my own devices unfortunately for both of us :roll: :D

Post by 678904673 »

Acid Reflux. Its like there's a volcano erupting in my throat
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

I ordered a roll of heavy-duty plastic to use as a damp-proof membrane in my chicken-shed renovation.

The roll of plastic was wrapped in plastic for sale.

And the plastic-wrapped plastic was wrapped in plastic for delivery.

FFS ... :roll:
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Gawd. I'm in a place waiting to get my nails done and I've never been here before. There's just one woman with a client so it's really human quiet but there's really loud dance music playing and the it's very brightly lit.
Don't like.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Can you not just bite them yourself and be done with it? :P
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I've been up working on an editing project since 4 am and my 🤬🤬🤬🤬 editing software keeps crashing and if I have any hair left at the end of this day or if I don't have a coronary from crossness it will be a 🤬🤬🤬🤬 miracle. And that's all after a shyte sleep. No!! A WEEK of shyte sleeps.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 678904673 »

Made my cup of tea and opened the fridge to get the milk only to remember that I ran out last night:(
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

:) i thought you'd have something growing in the garden to help cope with that sort of thing. :)
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

marhay70 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:49 am :) i thought you'd have something growing in the garden to help cope with that sort of thing. :)
As it happens, because I'm done with the shyte sleeping, I'm going to take a few drops of Scutellaria lateriflora tonight before bed. I didn't grow it, but I bought it from a very reputable, online herbal apothecary. Like any good witch would 😁
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

isha wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:54 am As it happens, because I'm done with the shyte sleeping, I'm going to take a few drops of Scutellaria lateriflora tonight before bed. I didn't grow it, but I bought it from a very reputable, online herbal apothecary. Like any good witch would 😁
Exactly what I had in mind, what else?
KHD

Post by KHD »

Listened to two shows yesterday on the radio about the up and coming world cup. Not a big interest in sport but listened anyway to see who are the favourites, injuries etc etc. There was absolutely no discussion about the up and coming games or teams, all it was was a discussion on Qatar's human rights abuses, lgbt issues etc etc.. Presenters tripping over each other with state the obvious. It's a feckin Muslim country, its not going to have the same values as your own country in anything, just get on with discussing the world cup.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

isha wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:54 am As it happens, because I'm done with the shyte sleeping, I'm going to take a few drops of Scutellaria lateriflora tonight before bed. I didn't grow it, but I bought it from a very reputable, online herbal apothecary. Like any good witch would 😁
I have some mushrooms here they'll help you have some pleasant dreams 👿
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:42 am I have some mushrooms here they'll help you have some pleasant dreams 👿
See posts elsewhere...I live a life of reckless sobriety!
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

KHD wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:21 am Listened to two shows yesterday on the radio about the up and coming world cup. Not a big interest in sport but listened anyway to see who are the favourites, injuries etc etc. There was absolutely no discussion about the up and coming games or teams, all it was was a discussion on Qatar's human rights abuses, lgbt issues etc etc.. Presenters tripping over each other with state the obvious. It's a feckin Muslim country, its not going to have the same values as your own country in anything, just get on with discussing the world cup.
I saw this video from Jurgen Klopp earlier made the point exactly you were making too.

Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:04 pm I saw this video from Jurgen Klopp earlier made the point exactly you were making too.

Watched that earlier. Big respect to him for calling it out like it is
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Picked the wrong queue in Dunnes this morning. The guy had just finished emptying his trolley so I started unloading mine.
Something spilt at his end & then he was trying to separate his purchases into two bills. After nearly 10 minutes I put my items back in my trolley and went to a different checkout. Wanker.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hahaha 😅 I had a bad checkout experience today also. Had just about finished when the lady messed up and I had to unpack everything out of their perfectly arranged separate bags and put it all back on the belt for her to do it again. Then when I was walking out, reeling from the cost, my husband WhatsApped me to say that his back tyre had blown out on the way to work and he had bought two new tyres. 😳
Thankfully he was fine. But for a minute there I was spending money like a Rockefeller!
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

God I hate Smyth's Toys. I had to go for the Christmas and Birthday presents for the niece's, nephews and good friends kids. I had a list and I was there at 10:05.

Well, let me rephrase. I hate kids in Smyth's Toys. The amount running around uncontrolled is stupid. One 4/5 year old kicked me in the legs and smiled while doing it. The parent just looked vacant......

Someone remind me next year to go shopping online......

Post by 678904673 »

Went out for a few pints last night and feeling today like I've been hit by a train. When did I get old:(
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Thats nothing. I did the sons wedding 2 weeks ago, I was the only one still dancing after numerous guinness,s and top shelf Jameson's at 2.30 the next morning. And did a asecond session the next night until 3.00 in the morning.

Those young liteweights couldn't keep up :lol: :lol:
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

People whinging about the World Cup in Qatar.
Go have a cry bitches.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

The name alone conjours up thoughts of a possible night time accident ...Scutter what?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

kadman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:52 pm The name alone conjours up thoughts of a possible night time accident ...Scutter what?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Skullcap. Also known as Mad Dog Skullcap. There are two types, lateriflora and a Chinese form, baicalensis, which is possibly an interesting nootropic, strengthens blood-brain barrier, also perhaps has anti-cancer properties. I find the way plants help human bodies to be amazing. The skullcaps are of the mint family.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

isha wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:30 pm Skullcap. Also known as Mad Dog Skullcap. There are two types, lateriflora and a Chinese form, baicalensis, which is possibly an interesting nootropic, strengthens blood-brain barrier, also perhaps has anti-cancer properties. I find the way plants help human bodies to be amazing. The skullcaps are of the mint family.
Thats a relief, I shall sleep all the more soundly knowing that. :D
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

It's annoying that I can't get Kerrygold soft butter anywhere. It seems to be out of stock everywhere. The Kerrygold spreadable butter tastes weird and the butter block is too hard to spread straight from the fridge in the morning.

Yes I'm giving out about by favourite butter not being available