Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
jmayo

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by jmayo »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:58 am I had a boss at the start of Covid who called me at 8pm one night when I was three days into having the virus and felt like shite. Asked me a question about something he should have known and got irritated when I was fuzzy due to the meds and had a coughing fit.

I feel that had it have been a virus and we didn’t have a lockdown he’d have expected me in.

Annoyance - cunty bosses who don’t give a toss!
That eejit needs to learn about the Right To Disconnect.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jmayo wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:30 pm That eejit needs to learn about the Right To Disconnect.
He was the only person who’s life was saved by the pandemic - if I didn’t work from home for six months before I left or have brained him with a stapler!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The “comedian” Rosie Jones.

She is painfully unfunny, I don’t recall a joke she’s ever told, let alone a funny one.

I appreciate her disability ticks a box and gets Channel 4 a grant of some description but she is a waste of tv slots.

Contrast that with Alex Brooker who is also physically disabled, Adam Hills who is an amputee and Romesh Ranganathan who has sight issues - they are all hilarious on stage and TV!!

I don’t get her!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Media tearing the hole out of another tradedy.....ghoulish clowns,this isn't journalism and never will be....let them people,that family that lost 2 in particular & that town alone

Instead we're treated to a Circus of reporters on street harassing people for comment,recording people/friends those killed coming to terms with it,and likely some needless and pointless reporting from funerals,packed with young adults trying to make sense of it....I don't see the value for it,and find it absurd in this day & age
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

Post by 95438756 »

^^^And still doing today on the 6.01 news on radio 1...
Incident broom set up....parents now in stable condition.......
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The medium is probably to blame. In the 1970s when 15 people every week were being killed by cars we had a newspaper in the morning and a main radio news at lunchtime and again on TV in the evening. Now public news media is a demanding maw that must be constantly fed.

Also there was a sort of (let's be honest) religious feeling that one did not unsettle the dead or their mourners. I prefer that sort of religious or superstitious belief. These happenings are far too profound, inexpressible, traumatic and generationally/ epigenetically impactful to be picked over for ...well... infotainment.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Guess wha! I thought I was being really clever buying masonry paint that matched the colour of the algae and it does look nice now that I'm getting it onto the walls, covers up fab. But I have discovered now that the old white colour didn't show up the swallow shit. Whereas.... 😭
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

It’s Tuesday and I’m having cans … and I don’t care!!!

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Fekkin computers. :evil:

Wanting to clone a old hard drive to a new SSD, the cloning software insisted I install a couple of "security" updates to my perfectly stable, uncompromised Win 7 system :x ... but fekkitanyway, so I gave it the green light, and all seemed well afterwards, and the cloning software was happy with the new situation.

Thought I'd quickly check my e-mails before going any further and W T F ??? Thunderbird has snook an upgrade and UI makeover in on the quiet, without my say-so, and now won't display any of my accounts or other info. :evil: :evil: :evil: The data are still there - I can see the files, but Thunderbird can't (or doesn't want to) see them. Wasted nearly a whole day yesterday trying to restore it, without success. :evil:

This is why AI will never take over the world. :evil:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:31 pm It’s Tuesday and I’m having cans … and I don’t care!!!
Even more annoying - I thought Monday was Tuesday and now I'm annoyed its only Wednesday!!!!

nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Windows 11 is causing my laptop to randomly crash.

Seems to be a common issue with my type of laptop (Lenovo)

Unfortunately I have missed the boat to "go back" to Windows 10 via the option on Settings / Recovery.

So the only solution is to do a clean install of Windows 10 which I am wary of.

All files already backed up to two separate hard drives but I don't feel confident enough to attempt it.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

CelticRambler wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:30 am Fekkin computers. :evil:

... Thunderbird has snook an upgrade and UI makeover in on the quiet, without my say-so, and now won't display any of my accounts or other info. :evil: :evil: :evil: The data are still there - I can see the files, but Thunderbird can't (or doesn't want to) see them. Wasted nearly a whole day yesterday trying to restore it, without success. :evil:

This is why AI will never take over the world. :evil:
Fiiiiiiiinaly :evil: after yet more wasted hours, a random human on the internet suggested a solution - look for one particular file that might have been renamed for no good reason, and change its name back to what it used to be. Yep, there it is: The Great Intelligence had renamed prefs.js to prefs-1.js and created a new prefs.js where none was needed, thereby scuppering the whole import process. Delete the offender, remove the "-1" et voilà : all accounts and messages restored. Thank you random internet human.

This is why AI will never take over the world. Humans are stupid, but computers are stupider. :evil:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

😥 I'm cursed with an acute sense of smell..I spend far more time than I want hunting down the sources of unusual faint smells. Mostly not nice ones 😭
mrmercedes

Post by mrmercedes »

CelticRambler wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:51 pm Fiiiiiiiinaly :evil: after yet more wasted hours, a random human on the internet suggested a solution - look for one particular file that might have been renamed for no good reason, and change its name back to what it used to be. Yep, there it is: The Great Intelligence had renamed prefs.js to prefs-1.js and created a new prefs.js where none was needed, thereby scuppering the whole import process. Delete the offender, remove the "-1" et voilà : all accounts and messages restored. Thank you random internet human.

This is why AI will never take over the world. Humans are stupid, but computers are stupider. :evil:
AI will take over the world ... its us stupid humans causing issues like you experience. I don't think people fully understand what is coming as AI develops. The real conspiracies lay there as rich and poor will continue to grow.

If your running thunderbird I'm guessing it's a Linux OS you use , so maybe try an immutable OS like Fedora Silverlight where things break less frequent and if they do you can rollback easy
dawg

Post by dawg »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:06 am Welcome back dawg :D
Thanks Frostie !

Just managed to get back in again ( wish I knew what I'm doing wrong that then suddenly goes right ! ) ...

Further evidence of my progression to GaGa-land :( I suppose

How is life with yourself ?
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

dawg wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:54 pm Thanks Frostie !

Just managed to get back in again ( wish I knew what I'm doing wrong that then suddenly goes right ! ) ...

Further evidence of my progression to GaGa-land :( I suppose

How is life with yourself ?
:D

Maybe some of us can help with your access? Don't let it be a barrier to being here.

There is no progression to gaga land. You are a pup in Dawg's clothing :)

I'm trucking away thank you for asking. Currently stuck to the couch having a nice glass of Leffe after a long day.

How are you?
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

DM’s folks. ;)

Annoyances and Irritations:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-n ... source=nba

What a load of entitled arseholes.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

People on Instagram who video themseles (usually in their car, wtf ??) are annoying enough.

But have you seen these people who video themselves making silent comment to someone else's videos ? Like sitting there pointing and eye rolling ?

I don't get it!! Am I just old ?

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

JayZeus wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:03 am DM’s folks. ;)

How are you JayZeus?

:P
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JayZeus wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:03 am DM’s folks. ;)

Making tens of thoudands off your dad gettung beat up - is that the lowest you can sink ?

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

After an exhausting couple of days of work, on a packed three hours train journey home this afternoon, Mysterious Unknown Festerfoot decided they would add to the general steaming atmosphere of the carriage by slipping off their tacky footwear, and gifting us all with their incredibly pervasive, rancid foot odour.
Nice one, Festerfoot.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:45 pm After an exhausting couple of days of work, on a packed three hours train journey home this afternoon, Mysterious Unknown Festerfoot decided they would add to the general steaming atmosphere of the carriage by slipping off their tacky footwear, and gifting us all with their incredibly pervasive, rancid foot odour.
Nice one, Festerfoot.
Train rants - firstly the above, could not agree more!

Special mentions for :

Women who put on make up;
People who work on the train - and give you dirty looks for joining them at “their” table;
Anyone eating smelly food
Parents who let their kids run amok
People who listen to music with no headphones

I could go on but I feel the rate building !!!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

About the makeup though, I watched a lady putting on makeup on the way over to Dublin. She was directly in front of me so I could not help seeing. It was fascinating. She put the tiniest amount of powder on a brush and then spent absolutely ages brushing it around all parts of her face in very fast graceful movements which are obviously familiar to her. This went on for almost half an hour, foundation, blush, eyes, contouring, lips, and I have to say I found it weirdly relaxing 😌

It was not an annoyance for me but the chap across from me had a fascinating phone call. He phoned somebody he obviously knew, asked him was he home yet, told him he was on his way and then asked him to do him a favour and open the window to let a bit of air through the room before my train chap got there.
The other person was having none of it, and thus ensued a lengthy attempt by my train chap to convince the other lazy arse to open the window please. He was remarkably restrained, though persistent. In the end it was fruitless and he had not succeeded in achieving a window opening by the end of the phonecall. It's the littlest things that defeat us.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:22 pm About the makeup though, I watched a lady putting on makeup on the way over to Dublin. She was directly in front of me so I could not help seeing. It was fascinating. She put the tiniest amount of powder on a brush and then spent absolutely ages brushing it around all parts of her face in very fast graceful movements which are obviously familiar to her. This went on for almost half an hour, foundation, blush, eyes, contouring, lips, and I have to say I found it weirdly relaxing 😌

It was not an annoyance for me but the chap across from me had a fascinating phone call. He phoned somebody he obviously knew, asked him was he home yet, told him he was on his way and then asked him to do him a favour and open the window to let a bit of air through the room before my train chap got there.
The other person was having none of it, and thus ensued a lengthy attempt by my train chap to convince the other lazy arse to open the window please. He was remarkably restrained, though persistent. In the end it was fruitless and he had not succeeded in achieving a window opening by the end of the phonecall. It's the littlest things that defeat us.
That sounds actually relaxing watching her Isha.

I’m thinking more of the wagon who threw it on like Boy George in drag and I ended up with face powder in my porridge!!!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I've been booking time away in Italy and am already having an intimate experience of an Italian vibe. Two places I have booked, took money instantly and afterwards wrote and said whoops, with stupid emojis, we don't rent at those times and we forgot to change the listing....never mind we do it tomorrow. Money refunded but hey guess what, it takes up to 15 days for the refund to reach my bank whereas taking out the money took a nanosecond. My use of extravagant expletives feels very Italian right about now. 😡

Posted previously in wrong thread 😡😡