Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by JayZeus »

Miserable bastards who rob the dust caps off your wheels instead of just buying a few and throwing them into the glovebox.

If I ever catch someone at it, I’ll shove a pair up their nostrils and hold my hand over their mouth.

Post by 95438756 »

Went to my favourite cafgé restauranrt this morning, grotty morning ...and there's that effing big queue again. Aborted that.
Went to local Circle K petrol station for large cappucino and proper fruitscone instead.... all for €4.90
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Should probably post this in "what are you listening to" but fekkit ...

Besides, I'm not actually listening to it, just hearing it go 'round and 'round in my head, as today is one of those days "... when nothing goes right from morning till night" :x :cry: :(

To cap it all, my local old-fashioned hardware-and-builders-merchants has been gentrified. Granted, they've made a lovely job of the materials yard, but only by relocating all the "materials" to an out-of-town location and replacing it with a load of fancy garden furniture and inedible plants; and inside, all the serious renovation stuff has ceded its place to superficial frivolities like curtains and wallpaper. :cry:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

"Your material will be delivered between 08:00 and 12:00"

Half past six in the morning. :shock:

Half past six. :x

Half fekkin six, in the morning. :evil:

Good job he had someone with him to carry it into the barn (for storage), coz I don't do lifting and shifting at half past six in the morning.

Now what? It's way too early for breakfast. :|

Post by 678904673 »

The sheer amount of gambling ads when watching or listening to Football coverage
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:19 am Went to my favourite cafgé restauranrt this morning, grotty morning ...and there's that effing big queue again. Aborted that.
Went to local Circle K petrol station for large cappucino and proper fruitscone instead.... all for €4.90
Lidl bakery do very very taste scones - 49c each!!!!

Planning to have two after tea with butter and raspberry jam!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 678904673 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:25 pm Lidl bakery do very very taste scones - 49c each!!!!

Planning to have two after tea with butter and raspberry jam!!
They're a bit too tasty. I have to limit myself to one whenever I go in there. My waist line wouldn't thank me for 2:)
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:35 pm They're a bit too tasty. I have to limit myself to one whenever I go in there. My waist line wouldn't thank me for 2:)
I said farewell to a ballerinas figure a long time ago!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:48 pm I said farewell to a ballerinas figure a long time ago!!!
Ahhh, stop.

I'd only just reconciled myself to spending the long weekend finishing the cabling of the chicken shed instead of going dancing ...

... and now you have me thinking of all the ballerinas (and similarly figured damsels and dames) I could have been spending it with instead. :evil:
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Ah, the May Bank Holiday. The tourists are back in force, camper vans on the footpaths, jetskis in the disabled parking bays, cans and bottles rolling among the discarded burgers and chips, nappies stuck in the rocks, sure what could be better? Roll on September.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

CelticRambler wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:54 pm Ahhh, stop.

I'd only just reconciled myself to spending the long weekend finishing the cabling of the chicken shed instead of going dancing ...

... and now you have me thinking of all the ballerinas (and similarly figured damsels and dames) I could have been spending it with instead. :evil:
Profuse apologies sir!!!!

Post by 678904673 »

marhay70 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:23 pm Ah, the May Bank Holiday. The tourists are back in force, camper vans on the footpaths, jetskis in the disabled parking bays, cans and bottles rolling among the discarded burgers and chips, nappies stuck in the rocks, sure what could be better? Roll on September.
Tell me about it. Dublin City Centre was a disaster today. I'll do my best to give it a miss until September
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

When you pay good money for something from a supposedly reputable brand - as in hundreds of €€€ rather than tens - and as you get to the very last step of setting it up, you discover that the most important element is misaligned and can't do what it's supposed to do. It's a depth stop for a blade sharpener, so we're talking about an absolute need for it to be adjustble to within 0.1mm (hope Kadman doesn't fall out of his standing :mrgreen: ) and the adjusting rod is off by about a centimetre. :evil:

Yeah, I can fix it, but that's a whole other day's messing about, and not what i expect from a supposedly serious brand.

Makes me happy now that I bought a cheap Chinese knock-off of their saw. :twisted:
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

me annoyance is methinks a thread on here #" done a 'planks' " and just disappeared into t'ether

don't log in every day here , but I can't seem to find the thread in question - which was based (unlike ye mods/admins which were oft mentioned on said thread) on the quality of moderation/posting in one o' Ireland's largest discussion forums :D

was a good and entertaining thread that !

#unlike site in question , i reckon it were external (unlike t'other place :lol: ) forces what made #Gubu close it down

humbuggeridge :cry:
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:51 pm me annoyance is methinks a thread on here #" done a 'planks' " and just disappeared into t'ether

don't log in every day here , but I can't seem to find the thread in question - which was based (unlike ye mods/admins which were oft mentioned on said thread) on the quality of moderation/posting in one o' Ireland's largest discussion forums :D

was a good and entertaining thread that !

#unlike site in question , i reckon it were external (unlike t'other place :lol: ) forces what made #Gubu close it down

humbuggeridge :cry:
No threads were deleted. I closed a couple of boards threads and created this megathread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1947
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

Guburnor wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:02 pm No threads were deleted. I closed a couple of boards threads and created this megathread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1947
cheers mr G for that

and apologies,

ta :)
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

https://www.bbc.com/news/disability-65422489

This kind of prostitution = OK ! Great !! PROGRESSIVE!!!!

If it were a man in the wheelchair and he was hiring a young lady ??? - BAD BAD BAD !!! Rape Culture ... Sex Slavery ....

Clown world.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

CelticRambler wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:49 pm When you pay good money for something from a supposedly reputable brand - as in hundreds of €€€ rather than tens - and as you get to the very last step of setting it up, you discover that the most important element is misaligned and can't do what it's supposed to do. It's a depth stop for a blade sharpener, so we're talking about an absolute need for it to be adjustble to within 0.1mm (hope Kadman doesn't fall out of his standing :mrgreen: ) and the adjusting rod is off by about a centimetre. :evil:

Yeah, I can fix it, but that's a whole other day's messing about, and not what i expect from a supposedly serious brand.

Makes me happy now that I bought a cheap Chinese knock-off of their saw. :twisted:
Its a problem these days with everything, I got a Bang + Olufsen bluetooth speaker for €500 - assuming it would be made in Denmark, sadly no, it's made in China, and the sound is very nice, but I could have gotten some knock off brand for €100 that would have had the same sound quality im sure.

Same with hardware stuff like thermometers etc ... it seems only cheap shite is available - even if you go the "expensive" route, still the same tat, what do companies do that need accuracy ?
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:26 am Its a problem these days with everything, I got a Bang + Olufsen bluetooth speaker for €500 - assuming it would be made in Denmark, sadly no, it's made in China, and the sound is very nice, but I could have gotten some knock off brand for €100 that would have had the same sound quality im sure.

Same with hardware stuff like thermometers etc ... it seems only cheap shite is available - even if you go the "expensive" route, still the same tat, what do companies do that need accuracy ?
Probably if it was made in Denmark.it would have been 1000 euro. We need to face it, we've prostituted a lot of our manufacturing industry to the Chinese which, I suppose, has pros and cons a!though the pros are becoming harder to justify every day.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

My "precision instrument" is proudly stamped and labelled all over "Made in Sweden" so I wouldn't be too quick to assume we Europeans can do it better. Mind you, it's entirely possible something was "lost in translation" when they shipped the plans over from the US. :mrgreen:

My cheap Chinese mini-digger finally let me down after two-and-a-half years of reliable service - fuel hose sprung a leak. That's 1€70 of my life I'll never get back. Actually quadruple that if you include the cost of the diesel that dribbled away overnight. :lol:
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

CelticRambler wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:58 am My "precision instrument" is proudly stamped and labelled all over "Made in Sweden" so I wouldn't be too quick to assume we Europeans can do it better. Mind you, it's entirely possible something was "lost in translation" when they shipped the plans over from the US. :mrgreen:

My cheap Chinese mini-digger finally let me down after two-and-a-half years of reliable service - fuel hose sprung a leak. That's 1€70 of my life I'll never get back. Actually quadruple that if you include the cost of the diesel that dribbled away overnight. :lol:
The Chinese don't make anything better than the Europeans, they make it cheaper. The problem is, China has become an economic powerhouse on the back of European and American demand for European and American designed consumer goods that European and American consumers don't want to pay European and American workers to make.
It will all come back to bite us in the arse, wait and see.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

marhay70 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:28 pm The Chinese don't make anything better than the Europeans, they make it cheaper. The problem is, China has become an economic powerhouse on the back of European and American demand for European and American designed consumer goods that European and American consumers don't want to pay European and American workers to make.
It will all come back to bite us in the arse, wait and see.
I think COVID shown up the faults in it,and the delays in delivery of new cars and machinery is down to a snail pace....I remember ordering parts in work,and delays of 8 months are common enough

I think people overegg the distortion caused by wages,I remember reading years ago (probably well outta date now),an iPhone cost 48 dollars to make in America,but could be made for less than 25 in China,hence the move to there

It's pure greed,23 extra dollars profit on what at time was 700 dollar phone,for the richest company to ever exist,was bafflingly needless to me
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
quodec

Post by quodec »

Trying to book a room in Spain/Portugal with a double bed, but all you'll get is a twin bedroom with two single beds (single mattresses) put together! Are they afraid couples will get up to no good with a double mattress???
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

When people don't proof-read. It's not hard - takes seconds.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I'm meeting a friend for a few drinks on Sunday. I just realised she is in work the next day so told her we could do a weekend she is more free if that worked better. But now I'm worrying that she will think that was my way of saying I don't want to meet her. Sake. :roll: