Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Verified Username

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by 8760976543 »

Things that annoy me... Myself.. Don't know what mood I "woke" up today in but everything annoys me, especially myself.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:53 am It's not hard to look up the dictionary to see what it means
In fairness, it's just more language mangling and means so many different things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woke It's a bs word but the people that are woke - most of the media etc. - are bullshitters so it's appropriate.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:06 am Things that annoy me... Myself.. Don't know what mood I "woke" up today in but everything annoys me, especially myself.
Blame it on the moon. It's been a full moon in the last 48 hours, can really wreck ones buzz, or enhance it, depending on what kind of level of inexplicable agitation one prefers 🙂
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I identify as rich, tall and with an amazing singing voice but feck all good identifying as these things has done me. 😞
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:34 am I identify as rich, tall and with an amazing singing voice but feck all good identifying as these things has done me. 😞
So do I - see you at the meetings!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Paying VAT at the Ebay checkout and then An Post looking for VAT and a €3.50 admin fee before delivering the item. They're not supposed to look for anything more so it's a seller issue. I have three more items due from them and expect the same f*ck up to follow.

Trying to claim it back from Ebay is a real nuisance as you have to deal with overseas call centre people whose motivation, diligence & general character is questionable.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Bloody foreigners, coming over here stealing our 4G bandwidth. :evil:

There's a Big Event taking place about 2km from where I'm working these days (maybe as little as 1km as the stork flies), with a Big Concert every night this week; and every evening my 4G signal drops down to fekkinuseless-G when the Germans cross the border with their roaming data packages and tap into my carrier's network so they can flood the instaXbookchatthingy with crappy photos and videos of their experience. I'm sure the Swiss and the Belgians are involved too, and even if they aren't, they were doing the same last weekend in my preferred isolated mountain retreat which is, it seems, a tourist hot-spot in the summer. :evil:

Down to 550kbps now, from 2Mbps about an hour ago; I'm sure the worst is yet to come ... :roll:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I was having a bit of a tearful mope about some things and was multitasking by carrying stuff out to the compost heap, and when I bent down to retrieve my crocs from the shoe shelf some juice from a really rotten tomato dribbled down onto my fabulous wonderful expensive Hoka trainers. Thanks Universe 😞
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

isha wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:54 pm I was having a bit of a tearful mope about some things and was multitasking by carrying stuff out to the compost heap, and when I bent down to retrieve my crocs from the shoe shelf some juice from a really rotten tomato dribbled down onto my fabulous wonderful expensive Hoka trainers. Thanks Universe 😞
Same thing happened to my youngest who's 13. One of his few chores is bringing the large food waste bin down the garden on a trolley and emptying it onto the compost heap.
I could hear him roaring and swearing from the house, because he'd spilt some of the rancid liquid that accumulates in the bottom of the bin across his expensive Nike runners. 😄
Cobham

Post by Cobham »

My sympathy Isha.... another Hoka fan here.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I think my hypochondrias are coming true. Another test in 2 weeks. If still same then further investigation. Apparently the worst case scenario is a thing called hyperplasia. Apparently. I can think of other worst cases. My rational mind has stopped working. Send valium :oops: :(

Post by 678904673 »

I was using a self service check out this morning. There was 5 people gathered around one of them blocking access to the others. But only one person was buying anything. Why the other 4 couldn't wait outside is baffling. Nitwits:(
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Stay home if yer sick 😡
Colleague of my husband insisted on coming into the cramped office in work during the week full on sneezing and coughing. Gave the husband a bad dose of covid and now I have it too. Fkn stay home if you are sick, no one needs your fkn germs sneezed and coughed all over them.

Post by 678904673 »

isha wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:51 am Stay home if yer sick 😡
Colleague of my husband insisted on coming into the cramped office in work during the week full on sneezing and coughing. Gave the husband a bad dose of covid and now I have it too. Fkn stay home if you are sick, no one needs your fkn germs sneezed and coughed all over them.
I feel you're pain. I've worked with a few of these office warriors over the years. They refuse to take a sick day, think its a badge of honor to come in even when on their death bed and are full of sarky remarks for anyone who rings in sick. I thought they might have learned a thing or 2 during Covid but obviously not
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:43 am I feel you're pain. I've worked with a few of these office warriors over the years. They refuse to take a sick day, think its a badge of honor to come in even when on their death bed and are full of sarky remarks for anyone who rings in sick. I thought they might have learned a thing or 2 during Covid but obviously not
I had a boss at the start of Covid who called me at 8pm one night when I was three days into having the virus and felt like shite. Asked me a question about something he should have known and got irritated when I was fuzzy due to the meds and had a coughing fit.

I feel that had it have been a virus and we didn’t have a lockdown he’d have expected me in.

Annoyance - cunty bosses who don’t give a toss!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I have a slight hangover and a cold at the same time and feel lousy!!

Post by 95438756 »

Irrittationion

Went into Deals to buy funki USB to USB C cable.

Had to settle for a Kodak USB to USB C one instead, cost the same €5

Would still have preferred funki brand though, they're thicker than kodak

Kodak is definitely not a brand I associate with USB cables.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I watched 30 seconds of Barbie on an Instagram reel earlier - Christ is that was passes for entertainment these days ??? Why men go to see it is beyond me - men are not our enemy, as long as they stay men!!

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

:x People who don't understand that when you tell them to do something Right Now! that means right this instant, as in immediately, as in don't stand back and take your time thinking about whether or not you feel like doing it. Especially when it's the third time in twenty seconds that you've had tell them. :evil:

Post by 678904673 »

I'm expecting a package and the delivery company have "helpful" informed me that my package will arrive between 9am & 6pm. You just know the moment I pop out for 15 minutes is the moment it arrives

Post by 95438756 »

does this courier sound like FEST WEE ?

Post by 95438756 »

Well? Did you receive your package

Post by 678904673 »

Yes. Just after 2pm.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Head is pure melted,surrounded by absolute bogies all day
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

Cowards die every day, brave men die once
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I've just got paid and after the bills there is fck all left for a good time!!