Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

isha wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:03 pm I've tried to hold back on whining about this but sorry, it has to come out. I woke this morning feeling great after a brilliant sleep which was helped by my own home grown herbal tea mix which I combined last night, mint, nettle, lemon balm and my bought in special soporific - oat straw. Anyway not a bother, loads of sleep, lazed about for a few minutes planning what I would have for breakfast. But between lying down happily and the simple act of sitting up I seem to have pinched a nerve in my mid back so that I am fecken ruined along the whole left side of me from my neck to my hip, including being left with a practically useless left arm now. For fuxxake! 😑 This is the old story of sneezing your back out as you get ..em...more wise. But just sitting up? It's ridiculous. I'm sure it will improve eventually, but not today.
Isha a good massage might help but from personal experience waiting out the pain part until it's settled before any work on the area happens is usually better.

Mind yourself and remember that it is no reflection on your age. KHD was right so no matter our biological numbers we are all young folk in here, even K himself :D

Post by 678904673 »

I broke my leg 12 years ago. I had to have 2 operations and some metal pins inserted. The operations were successfully medical speaking but my leg has never been right. Every so often, like this morning it acts up. Its absolutely killing me and I can barely put any weight on it. The only consolation is that it normally only lasts a day
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

:x Feck!

Took great care to make up an AliExpress order last night so that I could take delivery of a spare part for my camper microwave while I'm still away from home. Checked with the place I'm working that it'd be okay to have it delivered here; yep, no problem. Check basket, confirm payment, receive "your order has been sent" e-mail, delivery in 10 days.

Feck! :x I forgot that Ali doesn't have a "confirm delivery address" page and ... ... the parcel will go straight to my home address. :x
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Why the hell are the birds eating so much! I'm going through about a kilo of peanuts and 6 "fat balls" a week!

I've two peanut feeders and one fat ball feeder in an appeal tree and it's COVERED in small birds most of the day.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Ninja Squirrels man. 🐿
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:24 pm Why the hell are the birds eating so much! I'm going through about a kilo of peanuts and 6 "fat balls" a week!

I've two peanut feeders and one fat ball feeder in an appeal tree and it's COVERED in small birds most of the day.
They know there's a harsh winter coming.

*I* know there's a harsh winter coming, because my mother told me so. Because she saw how the holly was laden with berries. :geek:
KHD

Post by KHD »

There is loads of berries on the Holly trees around here too so she could be onto something.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

KHD wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:42 pm Ninja Squirrels man. 🐿
The fatball feeder was marked "squirrel proof". It has an outer ring of bars to keep them out. I got it as I've bad experience with a normal fat ball holder and crows breaking the balls and knocking them out of the feeder

Post by 678904673 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:30 am The fatball feeder was marked "squirrel proof". It has an outer ring of bars to keep them out. I got it as I've bad experience with a normal fat ball holder and crows breaking the balls and knocking them out of the feeder
We had a feeder a few years back that was also "squirrel proof". We found that somehow they had chewed through the bottom of it even though it was protected by bars.
It must have taken them a while. To be fair they were tenacious buggers
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Well, I filled the feeders this morning. I wasn't gone 20 steps when the birds were back eating.

Bloody savages (but I don't want to see them hungry this weather)

Post by 678904673 »

When you're in a queue in a shop and the person in front of you at the till decides to pay in exact change:(
mmercedes84

Post by mmercedes84 »

What people actually are using cash :o
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

French tourists and ex-pats, coz their cheques don't work abroad. :mrgreen:
KHD

Post by KHD »

Nothing wrong with cash... if someone gave me a big wad of it I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at it :mrgreen:
mmercedes84

Post by mmercedes84 »

I thought EU banned cash or were trying ,
People actually having money they own in their possession can't be the future. Governments need to get able to drive you to poverty via the push of a button
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I use cash in pubs and for low value purchases in shops (newspaper, chocolate, crisps)

If in restaurant and splitting bill I will bring cash and always have 5s, 10s & 20s. I despise people who just come with 50s. Cunts.

Debit card for everything else.
Last edited by nlgbbbblth on Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

double post
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:12 pm If in restaurant and splitting bill I will bring cash and always have 5s, 10s & 20s. I despise people who just come with 50s. Cunts.
:shock: Cash in a restaurant? Haven't seen that in years. Bill splitting gets done by Revolut in our family/circles.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

CelticRambler wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:35 pm :shock: Cash in a restaurant? Haven't seen that in years. Bill splitting gets done by Revolut in our family/circles.
Most people in my circle don't use Revolut, we prefer traditional banks. I know two people who have had their Revolut accounts frozen for no apparent reason and have gone through major hassle trying to get it sorted.

If I was in a restaurant with my family I'd always use the card but with friends, we all try to bring cash. There's always one or two disorganised ones who'll want to pay by card or won't have the right change but most of us get it right.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

I haven't carried cash for about 3 years, hate touching the stuff feels dirty. I was cashless before COVID

Yeah I wouldn't put too much on a Revolut, just load it as needed every week. I use Curve myself, it takes the money from my other cards and I can go back in time and pay with a different card up to 90 days later.

Post by 678904673 »

Dog walkers who let their dog of the leash and their dog decides to jump up all over you. Yes I'm sure your dog is very friendly and great with kids but I dont want their muddy paw prints all over my clothes
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Arsehole driver who don't give room to pedestrians.

I was walking the country roads where I live and there's about a 800m stretch of busy "R" road I've to take. As it's a country road, there no footpath and the drains in the long acre were full of water. Today, I had about 8 cars pull over and give me at least 1m of space, about 30 who indicated to pull out but didn't actually cross the white line (you could hear the thump of the cats eyes). There was about 5 who made ZERO attempt to push out.

The older the driver, generally the less room I got. The "best" (if you could call it that) was the young fellas in the souped up shiteboxes with 6" drain pipes for exhausts...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Cyclists and those dicks on scooters - next time one of the morons runs a red and near hits me they’re getting twatted with a heavy backpack. Fcuk them all.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:31 pm Cyclists and those dicks on scooters - next time one of the morons runs a red and near hits me they’re getting twatted with a heavy backpack. Fcuk them all.
Every time I hear of an accident where a cyclist or a scooter rider are injured, I wonder just how much of a contribution did they make to their own misfortune. For people who are, without doubt, among the most vulnerable on our roads, most have a cavalier approach to safety, including their own.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

marhay70 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:12 pm Every time I hear of an accident where a cyclist or a scooter rider are injured, I wonder just how much of a contribution did they make to their own misfortune. For people who are, without doubt, among the most vulnerable on our roads, most have a cavalier approach to safety, including their own.
I’ve said that all along - and my answer would be “most” - they don’t care, if they can run a red so can an SUV the other way and they’re dead.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane