Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:11 am got us ' bonus' SW dis week - luvvly jubbly :D

but dat is nt an irritayshin,,,, me irritayshin is an advanss one - it is wen the 'dubble-week' gets paid ay non (as dey say) , then dere will be no paymint da nxt wk, but the kronic unletterd layrabouts like me will den komplane to the raydeo stayshins and sutch saying dey didint get dere dole 'this week' (dat being da week after the Xmas dubble paymint)

that kinda ting both irritates and amuses me in eekwil messure :lol:

Caller: "Oy didint get me dowwil dis week Joe!"

Joe: "but, but, but didn't ya get paid dubble around Christmas week toyme - a week in advance loike - cawlur"

Caller: "I thought dat wos da bownus paymintt Joe! Ya know worrimeaeann??!"

Joe: "bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-but ya got ur "bownus" payment already caller - dat was in the second week of 'December gone' , or 'earlier this month' , depending on when folk ring in"

Other Caller: "Well knowing you Joe, ya hoongry kernt ya, you'll not be in studio come 'business end' of December, so to speek, so dis rant must be taking place in January, oy ee dis month."

Joe: "Sure sure Other Caller, true dat, January is where we're at caller."

Caller: "It's not right Joe, Oi have bills to pay! ya'd think da sowshill wud wroite out and let us know that the paymint we get just before Christmas wud be the last one we get until the new year, Joe!"

Other Caller: "every farkin year! ev-er-rry far-king year we have dese idiots ringing up with the same complaint, FFS!! do ya want them (the Sowshill )to spoon-feed ya yer cornflakes as well Mary!!"

Joe: "ah come on now "Other Caller" , dere's no need for dah"

Caller: "you're royt Joe - no need at all. Do you tink i cud ring dem and get a bit to toyde me over loyke,, oy spent over foive hundred euro (which is a lot for me Joe) on presents for me noyne grandkids,, and it's not dat long ago since oy had ta shell out over €400 for a deejay for me fawrty fift birtday Joe"

Other Caller: "Oi'm losing the will to live Joe, listening to the entitlement on here!"

Joe: "Alright, alright, alright, we'll take a break dere so"
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Hairy-Joe wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:31 am Can someone translate from "inner city Dub" to English please?
sorry about dat caller :(

in trying to bring some amusement to ye proceedings, translating us post into "inner city Dub" was considered 'paramount' , by ye 'executive committee' in me noggin :) :oops:

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
KHD

Post by KHD »

Every couple of months I get a letter in the door with a golden harp ( I take it this means from Dail Eireann ) from some government muppet TD of various political persuasion, with a glossy brochure listing the great work they have carried out. This sort of stuff should be banned as it must be costing the tax payer a fortune each year producing this rubbish. Straight in the green bin. Cowboys.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:22 pm sorry about dat caller :(

in trying to bring some amusement to ye proceedings, translating us post into "inner city Dub" was considered 'paramount' , by ye 'executive committee' in me noggin :) :oops:
Sure I'm just a bog man from West Cork.....
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:31 am Can someone translate from "inner city Dub" to English please?
Salt of the earth.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

There are really annoying ads being crowbared into my podcasts.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

YouTube and their "volume level" warnings they issue from time to time, when am listening to a few choons on me dog and bone

that's annoying, but whattyagonnado? elf and safety is paramount nowadays, so i can live with them annoying warnings, even if i can't turn up the volume as high as i'd like - well for a few seconds anyway/maybe a minute

it's the hypocrisy that gets me: could be listening to a few mellow choons from likes of Mitchell/Elkie brooks, and then, out of nowhere, an annoying LOUD AS FUQ ad, that's prolly higher in decibelerage than anything i'd be previously listening to and gotten a 'Volume Level' warning about, comes on :lol: :oops: :evil:

Nope, as long as there's deodorant or razors or Dave's motivational course to be flogged, and coin to be made by the hosting platform, then not a fukk could YouTube give about me poor battered eardrums :roll:

Post by 678904673 »

One blocked nostril
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Happy Days wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:01 am One blocked nostril
Here's an interesting thing (or maybe it's not interesting to most 😁)...

In a healthy pattern our nostrils change dominance every 90 - 120 minutes or so. There's a brief period of crossover when both nostrils flow.

When health is challenged there can be an alteration in the normal changing pattern, where one or other nostril becomes persistently dominant.

I use this technique for migraine. If I catch it early enough I check which nostril is dominant. Then this is the method...
Insert hand under armpit that is opposite to the nostril that is blocked. Do this with open hand, palm facing in towards armpit, fingers under arm and thumb outside facing up to shoulder. Your arm is across your chest. Now lie down on the same side as the hand armpit arrangement. Your blocked nostril is now uppermost. Wait at least ten minutes. The nostril may unblock.
I have stopped headaches this way. Worth a try. You can do it if there's no headache, but to see if it will unblock a stuffed up nostril.

Gosh this took longer to explain than I hoped and sounds a lot weirder than I feared it would. ☺️ Ah well.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:30 am... sounds a lot weirder than I feared it would.
Yep! :lol:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

CelticRambler wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:56 am Yep! :lol:
Here's the crazy thing - I deleted most of the real weirdness 😎
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

The alterations in bowels movements due to the varying diet over Christmas.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Well feck it anyway. The Christmas break is over.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

That was supposed to be fúck
KHD

Post by KHD »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:21 pm That was supposed to be fúck

Testing new FṲCK bypass filter spelling rule.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

feck
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Sake
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Just go with fck - suits me !!!

Irritation - being disturned by people in work asking "do you have a second to ..."

Yeah I might do but I'm mad busy myself and if I keep stopping I will have to work late plus if I'm always available the boss will think am skiving!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 678904673 »

I was using the self service check out in Super Valu today. Had paid for my items and was packing them when a lady came along and began scanning her items in. WTF. Could she not have just given me an extra 30 seconds to pack my stuff

Post by 95438756 »

Happy Days wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:03 pm I was using the self service check out in Super Valu today. Had paid for my items and was packing them when a lady came along and began scanning her items in. WTF. Could she not have just given me an extra 30 seconds to pack my stuff
Same experience happened me at a cashier counter level 3 the square tallaght.few weeks ago.
Waiting to pay for my meal, older lady who hadn't yet ordered comes up right beside me to get attention of cashier who I am paying.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:03 pm I was using the self service check out in Super Valu today. Had paid for my items and was packing them when a lady came along and began scanning her items in. WTF. Could she not have just given me an extra 30 seconds to pack my stuff
Tesco last week - long queue for the self service tills.

Some are card only so as I go to one - this absolute bitch goes and closes two of them, with no warning. As I’m standing by one!!

This means that as the three people behind me go to the cash or card ones and I have to wait.

I complained and said bitch goes “it’s easier for us not to have too many open”.

Just go fck yourself !!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:16 pm Tesco last week - long queue for the self service tills.

Some are card only so as I go to one - this absolute bitch goes and closes two of them, with no warning. As I’m standing by one!!

This means that as the three people behind me go to the cash or card ones and I have to wait.

I complained and said bitch goes “it’s easier for us not to have too many open”.

Just go fck yourself !!!
I'd have just walked out and if stopped, explain I was about to checkout and the staff closed the checkout. I assumed then I could just go.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:27 am I'd have just walked out and if stopped, explain I was about to checkout and the staff closed the checkout. I assumed then I could just go.
Oh brilliant - next time!!!!

Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

When the water runs up your arm and sleeve gets wet while you're washing you hands.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Some arse on the South Link in Cork this morning who stamped on the brake pedal good and hard when I was behind him. There was nothing in front of him to make him brake hard.

I went from 85/90kph down to about 55kph....