Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by kadman »

Deep scratches in formica worktops is fixable.....if they have not penetrated completely through the top layer to the black underside. In short if the lines are white and not very deep, then its fixable. If they are blackish looking, then they are history. Of course you could get some family meber to change them, they are only held on underneath by screws.

If there is a sink, then thats a savvy diyer, or professional.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

There's a sink Kadman. I'm learning to live with them just like I'm learning to live with my newly appearing "laugh lines". 😭

🙂
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Laugh lines add character.
Perhaps a family member could do it for you. There is always the option of epoxy filling the scratches, and then polishing them level.
Is hubby diy savvy, or is that a daft concept :lol:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm the DIY person in our house. He gets to lounge around and look handsome 🙂 It's because I grew up with a dad who did literally everything from blocklaying to electrics to plumbing, and he didn't. But I know I don't have the time or energy or money to fix the counter right now, so I'm practicing Zen acceptance. It's too big a job for me.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Handsome dont get the job done :D
As i say to the missus.......Johnny Depp might look cool, but he would be fek all use at diy. And she would reply.....But I wouldn't have him here, wink wink for the diy, thats your job. :lol: :lol:

And my retort is, "and he is probably fek all use for that either :D

Post by 95438756 »

Coffee Franchises in Ireland don't give a fu¢k about differentiation and don't want to.
Steer clear of them if you can, this is impossible in CIE TFI Bus train stations.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's just been such a shyte time recently that I can't bear to list the litany of woes...I hope life is planning on improving!

Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

isha wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:00 am It's just been such a shyte time recently that I can't bear to list the litany of woes...I hope life is planning on improving!

I know you don't know me but if ya need a chat , I'm here. 👍
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

Father died in December. Mam is trying her best to sort out bills and stuff. Took 4 months to cancel my father's mobile .

Supposedly that was grand and mam said she will keep land line and internet.
Now they're charging her over 100 quid .

Ah look , it fits the thread . feck sake , we had to prove he was dead with some things .

😡😡😡😡😡.
That's my annoyance ATM
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Cyclist's who don't use the cycle lane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I asked himself today do you never get tired of being a pain in the arse. No, he said. It's one of the features. They ask you on the first day when they assign you to be a pain in the arse, will you ever get tired of being a pain in the arse, and only if you answer NEVER! will you be allowed.
😡
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I priced a Waterford Stanley Errigal cooker hot plate to replace our own marked hot plate, as I am currently replacing a burst cooker boiler.
Waterford Stanley great Irish name in cookers, and a long history of a top quality product.
Now manufacturing shite at exorbitant prices over the recent years. Our own has a burst boiler after 10 years, already had a replaced hot plate after the enamel bubbled off it after only 2 months. Current hot plate looks crap as well after only 10 years. I would say the enameler just wiped his arse on it with enamel. Its not like the coatings of Stanley years ago, its now only a decorative skin.

BUt thats not my gripe. My gripe is I have been quoted 600 euro from an irish based company for a new hotplate, nearly 800 euro from a UK company.

Hold on....

400 dollars from a US based supplier of Waterford Stanley products. WTF......
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Just been listening to some woke bint from the Prison Reform Group talking to Clare Byrne and it has left me so I would like to grab her by the throat and shake her till her head cleared.
All the concern was for the dignity and comfort of convicted criminals, they should have single cells, they should have more freedom of association, they shouldn't have to pee in front of other inmates etc, etc. etc. No mention was made of the fact that those people in prison were probably there after being given several hundred "chances" by the justice system before finally being committed.
No mention was made of the pensioner who was so badly beaten that they could never live independently again, of the young woman who is afraid to go out at night because of a sexual assault, of the shop worker who was terrorised by a knife or a syringe held to their throat.
Why are these people allowed to spout this garbage on national radio without a dissenting voice to challenge them?
Personally, my opinon is that people are given the benefit of the justice system and found to have offended against the people of this country and the people, instead of responding in like manner and beating them within an inch of their lives, have allowed them to spend a relatively short time in comparative comfort.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

kadman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:49 pm I priced a Waterford Stanley Errigal cooker hot plate to replace our own marked hot plate, as I am currently replacing a burst cooker boiler.
Waterford Stanley great Irish name in cookers, and a long history of a top quality product.
Now manufacturing shite at exorbitant prices over the recent years. Our own has a burst boiler after 10 years, already had a replaced hot plate after the enamel bubbled off it after only 2 months. Current hot plate looks crap as well after only 10 years. I would say the enameler just wiped his arse on it with enamel. Its not like the coatings of Stanley years ago, its now only a decorative skin.

BUt thats not my gripe. My gripe is I have been quoted 600 euro from an irish based company for a new hotplate, nearly 800 euro from a UK company.

Hold on....

400 dollars from a US based supplier of Waterford Stanley products. WTF......
Is it this one?
Screenshot_20230525_232504_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20230525_232504_Adobe Acrobat.jpg (8.21 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Yep thats the one. I have been making enquiries about getting my existing one powder coated. But not sure if thats suitable for a hot plate.

I am definitely not impressed with Waterford Stanley quality now , as its clearly not the high level of finish as was around 30-40 years ago. Back then it would be next to impossible to chip the finish, as it was 3mm or more thick. Now its basically a skim coat of enamel.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Once again I find myself lamenting the invention of the wonderful camera. Yesterday in a family chat group I was sent no less than 80 ( Eight. Zero) photographs from a relatively minor event I had not attended. Fam, no one looks good in candid shots except children, infants and supermodels. Even they don't look their best if shot from under the nose, or while wrapping their chops around grub, or if surprised mid conversation with a "cheese, everyone!"
Can people not just keep their damn camera phones in their pockets and let people congregate in peace?
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

isha wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:33 am Once again I find myself lamenting the invention of the wonderful camera. Yesterday in a family chat group I was sent no less than 80 ( Eight. Zero) photographs from a relatively minor event I had not attended. Fam, no one looks good in candid shots except children, infants and supermodels. Even they don't look their best if shot from under the nose, or while wrapping their chops around grub, or if surprised mid conversation with a "cheese, everyone!"
Can people not just keep their damn camera phones in their pockets and let people congregate in peace?
I left the family group chat a while back. Yeah I love them all, well apart from one of them but anyways, constantly having to delete pictures of my nieces fecking dinner or mug of coffee just got old very fast.

feck it, if they want me they have my number.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Seanybiker wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:15 pm I left the family group chat a while back. Yeah I love them all, well apart from one of them but anyways, constantly having to delete pictures of my nieces fecking dinner or mug of coffee just got old very fast.

feck it, if they want me they have my number.
+ 1

That's why I have just 7 Facebook friends. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:18 pm + 1

That's why I have just 7 Facebook friends. :mrgreen:
Ha Ha Ha you're right to.

facebook got bored of me last year and deleted my account. Im delighted it happened, I just have one or two friends that I want to get back in touch with is all.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I used to think I was becoming wiser and kinder and more stoic as I grow older but a month of constant pain and movement limitation with a torn ligament has me waking up plotting ways I can become an ever meaner bitch.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

isha wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:30 pm I used to think I was becoming wiser and kinder and more stoic as I grow older but a month of constant pain and movement limitation with a torn ligament has me waking up plotting ways I can become an ever meaner bitch.
Well I for one think you're extremely wise and very kind Isha. 😊
Anyway, you're allowed be a little bit grumpy when you're in pain. Science has proven that cursing actually makes you feel better. :P
Which ligament did you tear?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Thanks. Less said the better right now.

Post by 678904673 »

Bought a couple of standing lamps from IKEA. Never again. I've never seen so many fiddly pieces and the instructions make no sense. It would be easier to construct a nuclear reactor
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The Pepsi Max advert - where some token eejit pronounces “better” as “Beh-Uh”.

And don’t get me started on that moron who videos himself going into houses and uploads to TikTok - some people do not deserve they air they breathe.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

Voice clips or whatever theyre called on WhatsApp can go get fucked.

One of the girls is always sending them and the shit bag keeps on mumbling in to the bloody mic. Im after telling her to speak correctly and stop mumbling or just text me .