Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
isha
Verified Username

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by isha »

stash_DSC05760.jpg
stash_DSC05760.jpg (93.54 KiB) Viewed 13145 times
These fnarking bars should be banned! 😞😡

I can't go into Lidl. For some reason these particular bars are like crack cocaine for me. 😡
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 765489 »

isha wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:21 pm stash_DSC05760.jpg

These fnarking bars should be banned! 😞😡

I can't go into Lidl. For some reason these particular bars are like crack cocaine for me. 😡
:mrgreen: Just bumping this so Isha doesn't forget them scrumptious kinder bars today.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:14 pm :mrgreen: Just bumping this so Isha doesn't forget them scrumptious kinder bars today.
You brat!!! 😞
46a

Post by 46a »

Contribute to Gubu , dont be a leach , start a thread
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

How Irish telly adverts pronounce Lidl as Leedel.

It’s Lidl as a play on “little” so when you do that you feck up the adverts - “Lidl steps” is obvious - leedel steps sounds dumb!!

Small thing I know but it gets right on my teets!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
46a

Post by 46a »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:44 pm How Irish telly adverts pronounce Lidl as Leedel.

It’s Lidl as a play on “little” so when you do that you feck up the adverts - “Lidl steps” is obvious - leedel steps sounds dumb!!

Small thing I know but it gets right on my teets!!!
The correct pronunciation of Lidl is the way you say Needle, Leedle.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

46a wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:48 pm The correct pronunciation of Lidl is the way you say Needle, Leedle.
No it’s not.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:26 pm No it’s not.
Yes it is.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

46a wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:48 pm The correct pronunciation of Lidl is the way you say Needle, Leedle.
Yep, my son-in-law is German and he pronounces it Leedle, as do my grandchildren. Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

That's as maybe but I'll continue to say Lidil and Euros and Cents, and miles, yards, feet and inches... :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
46a

Post by 46a »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:26 pm No it’s not.
LOL, a celebration of ignorance
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Can I say autocorrect? I'm sick of it changing words to what it thinks you mean and then the sentence doesn't make sense?

I've changed words back several times and I swear it changes them on purpose to piss me off!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's a ducking annoyance alright! 😊

Post by 765489 »

Notice that on my Samsung phone, I have to go back through my posts and change the tge to the. Maybe its my fat fingers but I'm blaming China on this anyway.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:46 am Notice that on my Samsung phone, I have to go back through my posts and change the tge to the. Maybe its my fat fingers but I'm blaming China on this anyway.
Whatever you do, don't buy a Xiaomi! I replaced my old Samsung as the glass was smashed and the shop guy talked me into a Xiaomi. What a piece of utter crap it is. Causes me daily annoyance. Cannot take a picture to save it's life. And I can't afford to replace it at the moment 😭
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Trying to buy and sell on eBay. Long, long before Brexit eBay had become a disaster for buyer and sellers in the Republic - excessive postage charges with the outrageous Global Shipping Programme are now compounded by some sort of VAT being added to sales and purchases by eBay, I spotted this booklet tonight - already priced at the top of its price range - but with an astronomical postal quote of £24! This is for a small booklet that would not cost more than a couple of pounds to post. However, if I order using my Northern Ireland address it is postage FREE!

Do Royal Mail call into eBay sellers and ask them if they want their parcels delivered FREE anywhere in the UK? What a shambles.

'no more blah blah blah'
SmartinMartin

Post by SmartinMartin »

Fuckers driving in lanes 2 and 3 on the Naas rd, and nobody in lane 1.
On the same subject, i watched a woman last week driving in lane one, nothing in front of her for at least a km. As she approached a car that was in lane 2 (grrr) she moved out to lane 2, on to lane 3, overtook the car in lane 2 and then moved back to lane 1. The mind boggles.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Depending on exactly how recently she learnt to drive, and on what stretch of road she was driving, she was doing exactly what she should have been doing - i.e. not undertaking on a multi-lane road, as that's illegal. :geek:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Looking at a list of Pride events and seeing that two involve gay people and nine involve straight people with a fetish.

Actually get to feck eh ?

SmartinMartin

Post by SmartinMartin »

CelticRambler wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:39 pm Depending on exactly how recently she learnt to drive, and on what stretch of road she was driving, she was doing exactly what she should have been doing - i.e. not undertaking on a multi-lane road, as that's illegal. :geek:
She was perfectly within her rights to continue straight on in lane one. One of the scenarios for undertaking is when traffic in the other lane is moving slower than you.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

SmartinMartin wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:55 amOne of the scenarios for undertaking is when traffic in the other lane is moving slower than you.
in congested conditions. If the road was clear ahead for both vehicles, then the middle-lane hogger was clearly in the wrong, but the woman in the left lane was exercising "best practice" by passing on the outside as recommended.

Here on the Continent, you'd regularly see people do exactly the same, usually cutting in very close in front of the land-hogger before rejoining the inside lane, specifically to make the point to the hogger that they shouldn't be tootling along in the middle of the road.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

On the topic of slow things not getting out of the way: feckin' slow worms - they run fast enough when I'm trying to take photos of them, but the damn things won't skidaddle when I'm coming at them with the strimmer. :x

I try to be respectful of my biodiversity, and generally take it easy when I'm trimming the longer, hedge-adjacent vegetation, but I've lost count of the number of slow worms I've injured because the stupide feckers wait till the string hits them before leppin' into action. :x
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

What is it with Cormac Ó hEadhra on Drivetime and his inserting of the Irish language at every opportunity - he might as well be speaking Chinese as far as I am concerned. I suppose I find it insulting as I'm not 'proper' Irish - not RC, hate the GAA (part of what we all are), detest FF, FG, and SF, have no desire for a United Ireland - but at least I drink Guinness. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

It must be the heat because I'm feeling increasingly irritable this evening. I've just been looking through my sent emails - those awaiting replies which have already been bumped in the recipient's Inboxes. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Why are some people so damn ignorant these days??? It has never been easier to reply to correspondence - no need to put pen to paper, no need to walk to the post office and buy a stamp...............It seems to many that the unanswered email is just a continuation from the unanswered letter. :x
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:37 pm What is it with Cormac Ó hEadhra on Drivetime and his inserting of the Irish language at every opportunity - he might as well be speaking Chinese as far as I am concerned. I suppose I find it insulting as I'm not 'proper' Irish - not RC, hate the GAA (part of what we all are), detest FF, FG, and SF, have no desire for a United Ireland - but at least I drink Guinness. :mrgreen:
Well, I'm a pure Cork boy but I'm with you on not being stereotypical Irish. The Irish language might as well be ancient Greek to me, hate the GAA, no desire for a united Ireland. To make it worse, I hate Tea and alcoholic drinks, Guinness especially!