Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Great pints!

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Norman Breaks

Great pints!

Post by Norman Breaks »

This is where we can name and list the best pints to be had.

The first pint after the last of your final exams
The first pint on a Friday evening
An 'aul pint in the airport before take off.
A sneaky mid week pint with a friend you've not seen for ages.

More?
SmartinMartin

Re: Great pints!

Post by SmartinMartin »

The 4 unexpected pints I just had in the Gravediggers.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

That lunchtime holiday pint when you're away and you know everybody back in your workplace is flat-out.

The unexpected session brought on by 'a bird never flew on one wing' pint that leaves you legless.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Post by Hodors Appletart »

I often have a favourite pint. When I arrange to meet a friend, I tell my wife the arranged time is an hour before the real time, so I can have an hour to myself with a book and a pint, or a natter with the barman or whatever happens.

Glorious.
Hold The Door
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The pints I had in Fitzgerald’s on the Quays - called in for one and pushed back the bus down the country till the last possibly minute!!!

Being back on the workday commute is not ideal but after work pints are worth it !!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Abella

Post by Abella »

One you travel to Germany, Czechia and east Europe and get a pint of quality beer in a pub over there, you will realise that we in Ireland are being served slop and paying top dollar, truth be told it will do the job and get you drunk, but a great pint you will not find in Ireland.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Abella wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:29 pm One you travel to Germany, Czechia and east Europe and get a pint of quality beer in a pub over there, you will realise that we in Ireland are being served slop and paying top dollar, truth be told it will do the job and get you drunk, but a great pint you will not find in Ireland.
Agreed - when you’ve drank the local brew n Switzerland you realize we get swill served here in comparison.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Nah, a pint of plain is you're only man - Guinness, Beamish or Murphy's - depending on your location. Summertime I switch to Hop House 13, Heino etc. If I want a meal I'll buy one rather than a pint that needs a fork to drink it. As for foreign stuff - Stella Artois, Erdinger ...I'm a peasant and happy to admit it.
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 pm Nah, a pint of plain is you're only man - Guinness, Beamish or Murphy's - depending on your location. Summertime I switch to Hop House 13, Heino etc. If I want a meal I'll buy one rather than a pint that needs a fork to drink it. As for foreign stuff - Stella Artois, Erdinger ...I'm a peasant and happy to admit it.
I’d kill for a draught Stella right now tbf!!!!

Frank

Post by Frank »

That first point of stout.
Bobby the Basque

Post by Bobby the Basque »

Abella wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:29 pm One you travel to Germany, Czechia and east Europe and get a pint of quality beer in a pub over there, you will realise that we in Ireland are being served slop and paying top dollar, truth be told it will do the job and get you drunk, but a great pint you will not find in Ireland.
If you mean Pilsner/larger I'd agree with you but when I think of Pints I can only think of Stout and that is a superior drink in Ireland and nowhere else (except maybe Cheltenham)