Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The Elevator of Death

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.

The Elevator of Death

Post by 490808 »

For some strange reason was thinking about these old paternoster elevators recently (only didn't know the name at the time). I can remember riding on them as a kid and being really scared of them. Never knew what happened at the top or bottom if you didn't get off intime :? Low and behold I see one on my youtube feed.

The one I can remember would have been in a department store in the UK in Bristol. But I can remember seeing then in other places as well.

Were there ever any in Ireland?

Of course once you have seen one on youtube then you get suggestions for a load more

schmittel
Verified Username

Re: The Elevator of Death

Post by schmittel »

Many of the most popular websites developed in the last 15 years or so really grind my gears - Facebook, Twitter etc.

Couldn't care a damn for these lifts, but this post has just reminded me how much I absolutely f*cking adore YouTube.

Post by 765489 »

The last couple of minutes where he leaves the camera in the elevator and steps off for it to start on the other side was worth waiting for.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Can you imagine the potential insurance claims if we had lifts like that here when people can't even get on a swing without falling off.
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Well, now. Never knew such a thing existed in the world! Definitely never saw any in Dublin. Looks like the kind of thing that would have been developed by a country that had ski-lifts (or ferris wheels) and was well used to the concept of hopping onto a personal transport device that didn't wait for you to get your act together!